LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

I have tried a few set of cree. they look very bright and good, doesn't give error.

however, after 5 mins of operation, they go into protection mode where some will blink or shut off itself.

Can check with those on alltronix_ltd, is it ok? thanks

post-50725-0-88119700-1366215864_thumb.jpg

My experience of the SuperSkoda ones (40 euros) is that if you start the engine immediately, they don't give an error, but if you delay a couple of seconds with the ignition in the 'on' position, they will. Have also had them throw up an error a couple of times, even when starting immediately.

recently bought the superskoda LED for my 2011 superb combi..it does not work! no lights etc brought to workshop and they claimed contact point is too long hence it does not fit.. contacts superskoda for solutions/refunds but no response.....anyone had issues with LEDs from superskoda?

Yes, I have had an issue with Superskoda , also regarding the LED dlr's.

When I received them I was not happy to find that it was necessary to swap the wires, especially as I could not do it without cutting the wires.

I tried to contact them to arrange a return /refund but got no response at all!

With such bad customer service and products that do not work as described I will not be buying from them again!

Sent via Tapatalk

When I received them I was not happy to find that it was necessary to swap the wires, especially as I could not do it without cutting the wires.

Did they not send instructions on how to do this without cutting the wires? They sent me a printed pdf file, and also attached it to my emailed invoice, if I remember correctly.

Very easy to release the pins in the plug, and switch the polarity over. Paperclips - not just for holding sheets of paper together!

recently bought the superskoda LED for my 2011 superb combi..it does not work! no lights etc brought to workshop and they claimed contact point is too long hence it does not fit.. contacts superskoda for solutions/refunds but no response.....anyone had issues with LEDs from superskoda?

Yes, I have had an issue with Superskoda , also regarding the LED dlr's.

I tried to contact them to arrange a return /refund but got no response at all!

With such bad customer service and products that do not work as described I will not be buying from them again!

Sent via Tapatalk

actually there's no need to cut wire. u need to do a pin out of the 2 wiring pin and swop its position.

Yup.. received the instructions.. to be fair.. I didn’t try changing the polarity myself. I left that to my workshop and I passed them the picture instructions as they were working on something else for me.

I took their word for it that the bulbs didn’t fit. They did test the bulbs externally so not sure why it works externally but not in my car..

actually there's no need to cut wire. u need to do a pin out of the 2 wiring pin and swop its position.

I tried that, following the instructions that came with the bulb, but even with a decent amount of strength the pins did not want to come out.

Maybe there's a knack to it, or maybe a little bit more pressure would have done it, but my car was just a few weeks old and I did not want to risk damaging the fitting.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yup.. received the instructions.. to be fair.. I didn’t try changing the polarity myself. I left that to my workshop and I passed them the picture instructions as they were working on something else for me.

I took their word for it that the bulbs didn’t fit. They did test the bulbs externally so not sure why it works externally but not in my car..

I tried that, following the instructions that came with the bulb, but even with a decent amount of strength the pins did not want to come out.

Maybe there's a knack to it, or maybe a little bit more pressure would have done it, but my car was just a few weeks old and I did not want to risk damaging the fitting.

Sent via Tapatalk

Have u remove the purple catch before you pin it, then pull?

no force should be used on this swop.

not all workshop know how to do this

but for a workshop to blame it on a bulb? i question their competency.

I've fitted LED DRLs and although they work perfectly with no warnings or errors, they have messed up the radio reception (or at least somehow prevent RDS from selecting another frequency for the same station). If I switch off the DRLs in maxidot the interference goes away instantly.

Anyone got any ideas on causes or solutions? I'd rather have the old DRLs than none, but ideally I'd like these LEDs to work without buggering up the radio!

My LED DRLs are working fine, but I have noticed that the headlights tend to come on - when set to auto - when driving in daylight and it's been fairly bright recently...could this be an issue with the LEDs or is it simply coincidence? I will try and swap back to the standard ones for a while when I find some time, but wondered if anyone else with LED DRLs had noticed this or if simply the auto light sensor could be a bit sensitive??

... or if simply the auto light sensor could be a bit sensitive??

Yeah sometimes it's a bit sensitive on my car too. It seems to have a large area of hysteresis so if I come out of my dark garage into the daylight it needs to be REALLY light to turn the lights off. If I start in the daylight it's works fine.

Thanks! I'm taking mine in for a service in the next week or so and will ask for the dealer to adjust then. I'll update here afterwards with the results!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Car went in for a minor service on Friday and I asked for the light sensitivity to be looked at and mentioned that I know it can be adjusted...but they said it couldn't...

Can't be bothered to argue and will probably look to buy the vcds cable/software in order to run my own future diagnostics as warranty ends in June!

Will see if I can adjust then if still causing issues...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Can't be bothered to argue and will probably look to buy the vcds cable/software in order to run my own future diagnostics as warranty ends in June!

Send a PM to NHN - a great source of genuine Ross-Tech VCDS cables. Totally reliable, really knowledgeable, and well regarded on the various UK VAG forums

I went out and took a few photos, they are a bit close i can get better photos another day if there is intrest.

Still no radio interference or any errors (been driving ~1.5h today)

i´m having trouble uploading files, can i only upload 1mb of files to one post?.

post-102442-0-92462000-1369168320_thumb.png

/b