Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

one small teeny thing that does my head is

passenger seat belt - when not in use it bangs against the B pillar

anyone else?

The only thing so far that has annoyed me about the car ..... Having owned since late nov ....very happy this is the only complaint

• Like 1

After a month in Its been interesting owning the Blackline. I was on a single track road yesterday, very twisty. This is the first time I have really tested the cars handling and dynamics. The car was not as assured as I thought it would be and nowhere near my Leon FR which was a truly fantastically balanced car.

Should i compair? Well both are on the same platform so hear are my thoughts

Leon gave more feedback to the wheel. BL was a tad twitchy, both grip well and in the correct gear and speed both avoid understear. When pushed the FR had great balance and Amos 50/50 so easy to control past the limit. BL not as assured on the limit.

The FR reminded me on my 205 1.9 GTI. It was to good. Now the BL is carrying more weight on the nose and is a much bigger car and I write this without picking a winner but more of my observation on he dynamics of the cars. In short they are VERY different on the road. The FR is by far the better regarding handling and dynamics the BL is a more relaxed drive and I love the thing to bits :-)

anyone else?

No.

But then my vRS doesn't whistle @ 80mph so perhaps it's a fake ;)

The only thing so far that has annoyed me about the car ..... Having owned since late nov ....very happy this is the only complaint

Yes bloody annoying. Old MK6 Golf had hoops sewn onto the belt to stop this. Part of the cost savings i guess.....a bit like the passenger seat buckle having no belt warning sensor or plastic sleeve.....thought they'd forgot to fit this at the factory until i learnt they were all like it!

Edited by pipsyp

anyone else?

What annoys me about mine is the fact that it is in the garage without the dashboard fitted so I can't drive it. Oh and the fact that I have got a bright yellow citigo as a courtesy car....:ph34r:

What annoys me about mine is the fact that it is in the garage without the dashboard fitted so I can't drive it. Oh and the fact that I have got a bright yellow citigo as a courtesy car....:ph34r:

What's up with yours mate?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

What's up with yours mate?

The main thing is the car randomly decides to cook you and the only way to stop it is to turn off the climatronic or stop the engine. They are also looking in to the random alarm activations (no siren, only hazard lights), the satnav doesnt always know where it is, the satnav randomly decided to reset its self and turn on the annoying woman again and the stone chip protective plastic just in front of the rear passanger side wheel was starting to peel off.

I was ment to get the car back on friday but now the whole dashboard is out so god knows when I will get it back. At least if its not fixed by the time I'm back off leave I've managed to get the girls behind the service desk to get me another courtesy car so I won't have the shame of it on camp (pity that hasn't happened here at home :( )

• Like 1

The main thing is the car randomly decides to cook you and the only way to stop it is to turn off the climatronic or stop the engine. They are also looking in to the random alarm activations (no siren, only hazard lights), the satnav doesnt always know where it is, the satnav randomly decided to reset its self and turn on the annoying woman again and the stone chip protective plastic just in front of the rear passanger side wheel was starting to peel off.

That car doesn't need a mechanic, it needs a priest......

Hope it gets sorted sharpish

I was ment to get the car back on friday but now the whole dashboard is out so god knows when I will get it back. At least if its not fixed by the time I'm back off leave I've managed to get the girls behind the service desk to get me another courtesy car so I won't have the shame of it on camp (pity that hasn't happened here at homed :( )

I can't even imagine turning up at the guard room in a citigo of that colour! Hopefully it will be all sorted soon :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A common vRS issue this; its more than likely damp. I had this problem after having it washed then having it sit in torrential rain all night. Try dabbing the seal on the affected sensor with kitchen towel; almost certain to fix rhe problem. Hasnt happened again to mine as yet.

Snap. Was about to take my BL back to the dealer to sort this, read about it here and cleaned around the offending sensor to see if it would fix it. It did. Not really satisfactory for running a car in the UK though :-)

Snap. Was about to take my BL back to the dealer to sort this, read about it here and cleaned around the offending sensor to see if it would fix it. It did. Not really satisfactory for running a car in the UK though :-)

Mine cleared up on its own however if it happens again they will have to fix it.

Mine cleared up on its own however if it happens again they will have to fix it.

They sort themselves out if you don't wipe them , heavy rain causes the issue .... A pain I agree but not sure you will achieve anything by taking it back ... Just new sensors to do the same

They sort themselves out if you don't wipe them , heavy rain causes the issue .... A pain I agree but not sure you will achieve anything by taking it back ... Just new sensors to do the same