SuperSkoda lower grill winter cover

The Plumber

Order page says PayPal accepted, but cannot work out how to proceed.

http://translate.goo...net-magazin_774

Neither could I, I have emailed them again, mentioning that there may be several others who would also like to buy the grill. I have asked them if they have ever thought of selling on Ebay so that it would be easier to buy from abroad and pay with Paypal. I have also looked on the Russian Ebay website just in case they do already but got nowhere. I also looked at the Western Union site, 1700 rubels is 35.37 which has a fee of 4.90 making a total price of 40.27 plus carriage. I am happy to be a guinea pig and see if it works, if I go to a Western Union office and hand over cash I only stand to loose the price of the item. :coffee:

• Like 1

Order page says PayPal accepted, but cannot work out how to proceed.

http://translate.goo...net-magazin_774

I presume you mean the 'simple order form'.

My reading of it is you fill it in, including your PayPal e-mail address and then 'send'. Once received by Strelka11 they will calculate shipping cost and e-mail you to then make payment by PayPal. Just a hunch.

Of course just to remind all of us that this is a mesh grille, designed to keep debris (stones, leaves etc.) from getting at the radiators not a blanking plate to keep cold air out. nevertheless, it looks a well designed piece of kit and a far better job than my DIY mesh grille.

• Like 1

I emailed them again last night and got the reply below, so that makes it 54.74 with 9.80 GU fee making 63.54. If that saves one hole in my rad it will be worth it. I will send them my details and post progress as things happen.

Hello, Derek.

Shipping will cost 950 RUR.

Delivery by mail Russia

You are required to write the full delivery address, name, phone index.

• Like 1

Of course just to remind all of us that this is a mesh grille, designed to keep debris (stones, leaves etc.) from getting at the radiators not a blanking plate to keep cold air out. nevertheless, it looks a well designed piece of kit and a far better job than my DIY mesh grille.

Quite so, but it would be a simple task to sandwich a solid piece of thin black material between the 2 pieces and achieve what we want.

Perhaps someone could offer to become an agent for the UK !

Perhaps someone could offer to become an agent for the UK !

As their website mentioned Paypal I did ask them if they had considered using Ebay but they did not respond to that part.Maybe they are waiting to see if this works first and if it is worth their while with the amount of handling involved.

Their first response was to my third email which was the first in English and Russian, they appear to be a group of car accessory shops. :coffee:

I think this is a useful and impressive bit of kit. If you succed I will very likely follow, if you are willing to order two I will paypal you the full cost of one and postage and piggyback your order.

John

I think this is a useful and impressive bit of kit. If you succed I will very likely follow, if you are willing to order two I will paypal you the full cost of one and postage and piggyback your order.

John

+ 1 please - Seems like this is turning into an instant 'Group Buy'.

However will it perhaps be safest for The Hood to place his own order and receive it, to check that all works out OK; before we jump on the band wagon.

I'm up for one as well

Me as well.

I've just looked through the grill and looked at various bits of debris stuck on the cooler fins - flies/leaves/gravel etc :wonder:

I've sent the money via Western Union it was a fully inclusive total of 60.36, as Bahnstormer VRS said, it might be best that we see that this works first although so far I have no reason to think it will not. I have just emailed them the transfer number but with the time difference of three hours they will have already finished work.

When this is sucessfully completed I will be more than happy to help anyone with getting one or if possible arrange a group buy. I could also take the grill along to the post office and find out how much the UK postage would be if a group buy was made, as they would need to be forwarded to each person this end. :coffee:

• Like 1

I got the following reply today

Thanks a lot! Monday to send a parcel.

One slightly worrying thing is that Western Union still show the money as available for pick up by reciever, I was told I had to supply the first and last name of the person the money is for, so I guessed at

First names: Kokaevoy Oksana Last name Viktorovna. If I got it round the wrong way they will not be able to get the money.

(The Russians had asked me for my name, surname and patronymic)

Fingers crossed for Monday :coffee:

know this has been discussed in the dim and distant past but has anyone actually fitted one :wonder:

http://www.superskod...ont-bumper-KI-R

Not normally an advocate of such things, however as some may remember, my SM started having excessive active regenerations of the DPF last winter. Noticed recently as the cold has begun to descend on us again, then so the DPF is becoming increasingly active once more. Beginning to :wonder: if for some reason my Yeti is getting colder engine/exhaust wise than maybe it should, thus triggering active rather than passive regenerations and whether this cover might help by reducing the cold air entering the engine bay :wonder:

Thoughts positive or negative but good humoured ;) appreciated,

TP

Hi Tim

Fitted one today as the cold weather is here and we had to go on a trip which would include slow traffic and normal driving, the outside temp was 7 when we left and after 5min the heater was putting a good amount of heat out and temp gauge was rising nicely, 15min later we hit slow town traffic the temp was still not up to normal but not to far off another 5 min and it was up to normal parked up at destination for 2 hours.

On the return the outside temp was 11 it warmed up to temp quickly, and after about 10min we hit stop start traffic which lasted about 45min and the temp stayed at normal the whole time. The fans did not cut in that much and when they did it was only for a very short time, I think the cover helps to get the heater working sooner and getting the yeti up to normal. And causes no problems in very slow traffic.

Will be removing it early march when the outside temp starts to rise again hopefully.

• Like 1

I got the email below yesterday (Wednesday), I wonder if my Russian email is as awkward as their English. No tracking number yet, they seem very laid back and it is a very small order with a lot of work on their part, luckily it should be early enough not to get mixed in with the Christmas post.

Hello! Not yet taken, going to pick up today. Your package went yesterday. Now we wait until assign a number to send mail, and it will be Thursday. Later in the afternoon we will send you the parcel number, and you will be able to track the parcel to that number, the website address in Russia.

Hi Tim

Fitted one today as the cold weather is here and we had to go on a trip which would include slow traffic and normal driving, the outside temp was 7 when we left and after 5min the heater was putting a good amount of heat out and temp gauge was rising nicely, 15min later we hit slow town traffic the temp was still not up to normal but not to far off another 5 min and it was up to normal parked up at destination for 2 hours.

On the return the outside temp was 11 it warmed up to temp quickly, and after about 10min we hit stop start traffic which lasted about 45min and the temp stayed at normal the whole time. The fans did not cut in that much and when they did it was only for a very short time, I think the cover helps to get the heater working sooner and getting the yeti up to normal. And causes no problems in very slow traffic.

Will be removing it early march when the outside temp starts to rise again hopefully.

Hi Kevin,

just picked up your reply; away at the weekend. Looks like I will follow suit and get one ordered, as the DPF has started regening more frequently again, albeit only every couple of weeks or so (not twice daily as yet :wonder: ).

Many thanks for your review much appreciated,

Tim.

This looks really useful, beats my attempts at getting the bumper off to fit some mesh behind.

The only possible downside is the vulnerable looking clips which hopefully won't get damaged in transit.

If it comes and is ok, as said before, put me down for one please - well done on finding this item.

Hi Kevin,

just picked up your reply; away at the weekend. Looks like I will follow suit and get one ordered, as the DPF has started regening more frequently again, albeit only every couple of weeks or so (not twice daily as yet :wonder: ).

Many thanks for your review much appreciated,

Tim.

Hi Tim

mine arrived within 3 days of ordering in a box that could have had 10 in :rofl: , after a few more days with it fitted, I think it is helping to get it up to temp and has still not caused any issues, the only thing I will do when I get a chance is put a little black paint on the screw heads :D glad this was a help.

Hi Graham

It has 2 plastic clips that hook onto the vertical fins, (very tight to get on) then the cover screws to them. Not any part of the grill, fitting time 5min

As far as I can make out the grill has left Russia, posted Oct 30th, in tracking system 31st Oct, cleared customs 3rd Nov, exported 5th November at 1744.

The Russia post website does not yet have a fully English service, once past the first page it reverts to Russian and details are quite sparse.