Cracked lacquer on my spolier (:

Just bumping this as, much to my dismay, noticed a 50p size piece of lacquer peel on the spoiler of my 2006 Octavia VRS estate. It is still under warranty but I presumed it was just some back luck on my part.. however doing a search bought be back to Briskoda and many threads on this very subject.

I think I might try my luck with a warranty claim in the next week or two - the car is still under a warranty agreement with Skoda - but somehow I doubt they'll be interested.

I didn't think the vRS estate came with a rear spoiler?

Whether you manage to persuade Skoda to pay up seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing, some have, others haven't.

I was one of the lucky ones but the famous "we've never heard of this issue before" line is used on every complaint they get!

I think the service folks are pre-programmed to never acknowledge something as a "known fault" because it makes them look bad! :)

And I'm not sure if all estates come with the spoiler or if it's some kind of option, but mine definitely has one.. mine is a pre-facelift (2006) but has the same kind of spoiler as this one, but I think lacking a third brake light (though can't remember!):

octavia-vrs-est-3.jpg

Edited by Chicane-UK

There is no spoiler on that picture, its just the standard Octavia estate tailgate, the third brakelight is integrated into the tailgate itself.

If your paint is peeling off that part of the tailgate then this is a different issue to the one on the plastic spoiler fitted to the hatchback.

Your problem I hope would be covered under the paintwork warranty, even at 6 years old.

• 2 months later...

My lacquer is peeled and cracked on my spoiler too. Only noticed it at the weekend. I rang Skoda UK Customer Services and was told the paintwork guarantee was only valid for 3 years. The "anti-perforation" warranty is for 10 years, that being when there is a defect in the paint and it causes corrosion from the inside out. I pointed out that I was disappointed in their unwillingness to help me fix the matter and the chap got quite shirty with me. I do wish Skoda would stop making good cars and then I wouldn't be tempted to buy one!

• 2 years later...

Thought it best to revive this thread rather than creating a new one!

Just been quoted £170 + VAT to get the rear spolier done.  This seems a bit excess so Im thinking would it be better getting it wrapped in gloss black?

Thought it best to revive this thread rather than creating a new one!

Just been quoted £170 + VAT to get the rear spolier done.  This seems a bit excess so Im thinking would it be better getting it wrapped in gloss black?

Been quoted a few around £110 so that seems steep.

• 4 months later...

Just thought i would add in mines done the same and having been a loyal customer for 16 years (numerous new cars full dealer service still no good will to cover what would be £100 respray bill) and its now the last straw.

Fed up with Skoda now after 16 years, most of that no issues but in the last year Skoda are just so unreliable and customer service is just appauling.

Time for an upgrade - looks like some other brand will be getting the money for our new 66 plate - most def wont be any VAG Group Car !