What did/would you get after the VRS?

John-

Something completely daft.

Oh, and a 170 CR 4x4 Yeti.

I still like the shove of a decent diesel.

Problem with the mkI Fabia VRS is it's such a good all round package, particularly with a bit of tweaking.

Most people seem to move onto cars that cost more to run like those ugly Renault things. ;)

• Like 1

Problem with the mkI Fabia VRS is it's such a good all round package, particularly with a bit of tweaking.

Most people seem to move onto cars that cost more to run like those ugly Renault things. ;)

That's so true. I just can't think of anything that's as cheap to run and will still put a smile on my face every day I drive it - even after 2.5 years of owning it.

I want a mk2 octavia vrs cr 170 tdi in candy white please don't mind if its an estate aswell...

Got a mk1 fabia vrs and finding it abit small sometimes with the little girl

I.e having to pull the front passenger seat forward (all the way) so she's got enuf leg room in her car seat.

Here is my list in order ow owned:

VW Golf mk2 1.6 driver

VW Golf mk2 1.8 GTi 8v

VW Golf mk2 1.8 GTi 16v oak green

Honda Civic Coupe 1.6

Toyota Celica GT4 5th gen

Toyota Celica GT4 6th gen 270bhp! Loverly car

BMW 320i touring auto

Skoda Fabia VRS mk 1 . . . Current

Thinking that i either want an Audi A4 probably tdi or back to petrol and a VW Golf GTi Mk6

After buying my 2004 vRS new I traded it in in 2010 for a 2007 vRS - I think in retrospect that may have been a mistake... :(

Fabia -> Polo GTi -> RX-8 -> Golf GTTDI (this was the final straw in my faith with VAG being worth my money) -> 330d.

Needs have changed a bit between each car really.

Mainly I've just wanted to go faster each time, but with varying need to consider economy. Size wasn't an issue though for me. Think the 330d is the best all-rounded I've owned though out of that list.

Edited by TriggerFish

Am contemplating chopping the SE in against a Mazda 6 MPS, its loaded with toys, has loads of room, never go wrong (allegedly) and has shovel loads of grunt.

Pre august 06 cars are half the tax of later ones too :-)

bmw 3/5: 25 or 30d or if im not rolling in cash by then perhaps an octy vrs tdi or mazda 6 of some variant. The A3 sportback seems spacious in a small package though, that may be tempting too.

The missus doesn't want my fabia as it makes her drive fast all the time and she doesn't like it (boo). so likelyhood is she'll get a similar sized newer car (like a 1series) and boot the fabia out when more space is required :( this hopefully won't be for another 2-3 years.....

•mg zr td

•skoda fabia vrs

I'd be lost if i had to choose my next car, would live a scooby or Evo but at my age (19) insurance Is mind boggling!! Next car may be a tdil sleeper /) all tuned but standard looking :)

Edited by jkevs

After having had a fabia vRS, & mistakenly thought that the 500 diesel would give me better economy than my remapped furby,( I got better economy from the furby than the 500) I came back to an Octy vRS.( sod the economy, i want the fun :giggle: )

@bluerobin - dont bother with the Mito as its only the same engine as the 500's 1.4 sport petrol, & after a Fabia vRS, you will get frustrated very quickly with its lack of go.

Still have the Fabia (wife driving it now) but I changed for a BMW 335d M-Sport - cracking car and remapped runs at 340bhp and 500lb/ft - love both cars but BMW is more user friendly if not quite as economical.

Considering something more comfortable and lighter both on fuel and weight. The VRS was something of an experiment having previously had an AX GT written off by a sub 30MPH impact into the side of a BMW. Decided I'd done the light, French car thing and wanted something more substantial... @ close to twice the weight I think that was achieved - LOL.

Now though, it'd have to be closer to 1000-1100KG weight, handle and stop well enough in standard form. Probably must be TDI, though ultimate performance isn't the goal. Something slightly tweakable and remappable. Would probably consider the Audi A2 as a starting point.

J.