Recommend Me A Tyre

MattH

Evening all,

I've had my vRS SE for 4 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it.

The car came with 4 newish tyre on. They are all matching Marshal Matrac's, but I'm finding they are pretty awful. I understand the garage may have had to use these as they might be a budget tyre (I have never heard of this make before.)

On my last car 1.4 206, I had 4x ContiSport 3's which seemed to be decent quality. They were the same size as the vRS tyres, 205/45/16 and iirc were around £70 each from camskill.

What I'd like to know is what you other vRS owners recommend from experience.

Cheers Matt.

I just got a set of BF Goodrich Profilers and they seem pretty good to me in all conditions. I couldn't believe the difference they made to my handling in all conditions! Never tried the Uniroyals... but they seem to be raved about on here. I guess if lots of people like them they must be good!!

Cheers Trev,

From what I have read on here the Uniroyal RainSport 2 are mentioned loads. I might try those and see how I get on.

Those who use them, are you all sticking with 205's? Any going wider with 215? Or maybe narrower with 195's?

If you want something a little cheaper Ive just had a set of Kumho Ecsta KU39's and i really rate them in the wet and dry

Alex

Thats whats on the front of mine just now, there very grippy for the price, but they wear pretty quickly!

Thats whats on the front of mine just now, there very grippy for the price, but they wear pretty quickly!

I have these too, good grip in wet and dry, but they do wear pretty quickly, but for the price I can get them I'm not bothered :)

J.E

link to my tyres, these Marshal Matrac's look to be mid range-ish, according to the new tyre label system

http://www.mytyres.c...=110&sowigan=So

EDIT.

Just a thought, are the tyres crap? Bearing in mind you now have about an extra 100 horses catapulting you towards the scenery.

Edited by John T