Octavia III unveilled tomorrow according to Honest John

Im thinking that the final production one we get here in the UK will have the rear wiper in place. :)

The "boot" shape to the hatchback will probably do away with much of the need for a rear wiper. I must say that when I had the Octy 2 hardly ever used it but it is on all the time when driving any "conventional" hatch

My rear wiper only realy comes on when I go into reverse with windscreen wiper on. Haha. So with or with out a wipper the octy 3 looks a beautifull car. Car wait for first pics n specs of the vrs so if I can decide if in 3 years I can replace my blackline with one.

We had enthusiasm 3 months ago. IMO they dragged this out way too long.

awwwww...........

The "boot" shape to the hatchback will probably do away with much of the need for a rear wiper. I must say that when I had the Octy 2 hardly ever used it but it is on all the time when driving any "conventional" hatch

i've used my rear wiper many many times!! likewise with my previous car - a 2002 model astra hatch/lift back.

i definitely would want one.

• Like 1

Im very fickle and Ive changed my mind already i now like it & can't wait for the VRS version if its circa £18k i will be buying one :love: I think its the video that did it, the static pictures dont do it any justice. When it spins round with all the light reflecting off its angles it makes me think of all the best bits of the Audi and BMW but with a little of the old Octavia to keep the theme.

I've recently been lusting for a Superb but after seeing the pictures of the new Octavia - I have to say I wasn't immediately convinced. Taking a look at it today - I have to admit it looks stunning. I really really like the Red one too

Yep - I like that - more like the pre FL MkII - squarer with angles at the front - excellent!

Should be even better as an estate with 4x4...

what a stunningly sporty classic design, and what a strangely unenthusiastic response on this thread. I cannot understand it, as Skodas have always been classic designs that evolve gradually and do not look like sweaty trainers, like so many hideously 'fashionable' designs these days. I love this car, it has a timeless sharp style that will never date. This is an instant classic car, so smart, and now available with modern gadgets that will give great pleasure in use. And in general Skodas are better built than even VW's and Audis. Unbeatable, this car will ring the death knell for many other cars on the market that just cannot compete.

I agree with the end of that comment. Skoda's are in general better built and I think it looks very nice. I've just bought a FL Octavia 2 so it will be a maximum of 4 years before I get my hands on one. I am sure it will be even better than the VW Golf. Who needs a Golf when you can buy an Octavia?

Do we have any info on price points for UK? Much more expensive than current equivalent spec? (remembers his mk I vrs no options over ten years ago being a little over £15k.

Outside and inside look sooo much better than Rapid, could the new vRS finally replace my yellow Mk I? How much time do I have to save up some cash before the vRS release date? Guess if we start speccing DSG, xenons, top end info-tainment, heated seats and other goodies, we'll be looking at the top end of £23k?

Much liking going on here...

• 3 weeks later...

I love my music in the car.

I can see myself spending a LOT on a new vRS petrol (if they can get the average consumption to the low 40s, which hopefully they should based on the 180bhp 1.8) when they come out..............................

I love the term "fully loaded".

:D