Most annoying things on your Superb

Only a few little niggles for me....

The sunglasses holder is too small.... (First car i've had with a sunglasses holder and i got a years use out of it as my new Ray-Ban classic style shades now don't fit in the holder).

Bonnet release on the left hand side of the car.

Hand brake on the left hand side of centre console.

Living in a hilly city like Sheffield i also think the DSG is too conservative and will stay in lower gears when it is quite capable of moving up a gear. (I often pop it into manual and move up to 4th or 5th for instance and maintain if not increase speed without any issues at all).

I would have preferred the newer FL style cruise control settings much like i had in the Volvo V70 rather than the older VAG style but i'm used to that having had cruise control on both our Fabia vRSs and also my Lexus IS300.

Damn bluetooth disconnecting for no reason.... :(

I am coming to the conclusion that:- 

1. I will have to put up with it.. 

2. Get a different handset... 

It always connects to Premium.... can be OK for 3 weeks like now, then disconnected.. sometimes it will just reconnect to Premium, sometimes to HFP, then like today failed to connect until I manually did it...

My solution to this same problem:

Use rsap from android-rsap.com and enable the option "use "Wake Lock" to prevent the phone from sleeping when connected to the carkit. I haven't had a single disconnect since I enabled that option!

And my phone always connects to premium, never to HFP.

The inside door handles On my old Honda Accord the door pull/handle inside had a bottom to it so forming an ideal little cubby hole whereas the Superb has no bottom to it. It becomes a problem when the missus hands me a handful of my favourite peanut M&M`s and I`ve got nowhere to put them so I have to shove them all in my gob at once, annoying.

Et Voila....the purpose built M&M's (other sweets are available) holder from Skoda for the Superb:

sc26-rubbish-bin-octavia.jpg

• Like 4

The sunglasses holder is too small.... (First car i've had with a sunglasses holder and i got a years use out of it as my new Ray-Ban classic style shades now don't fit in the holder).

Bonnet release on the left hand side of the car.

Hand brake on the left hand side of centre console.

Yeah, it really could do with being 1cm wider of so. Having said that I have Ray-Bans, Wayfarer and others, and they do just fit in, albeit with some jiggling? 

On a ratio of >100 to 1 in terms of Left-Hand to Right-Hand Drive sales, I guess the cost of producing new mouldings for the centre console and lower A post internal panels, repositioning of the fixings of the handbreak, shifting cable runs, the bonnet release handle and all the other associated "gubbins" just do not make this viable.

Et Voila....the purpose built M&M's (other sweets are available) holder from Skoda for the Superb:

sc26-rubbish-bin-octavia.jpg

Is that the door of a Superb II ?

Looks different to normal. I like the carpeted pocket.

Et Voila....the purpose built M&M's (other sweets are available) holder from Skoda for the Superb:sc26-rubbish-bin-octavia.jpg

More info on this please..... :)

Yeah, it really could do with being 1cm wider of so. Having said that I have Ray-Bans, Wayfarer and others, and they do just fit in, albeit with some jiggling? 

On a ratio of >100 to 1 in terms of Left-Hand to Right-Hand Drive sales, I guess the cost of producing new mouldings for the centre console and lower A post internal panels, repositioning of the fixings of the handbreak, shifting cable runs, the bonnet release handle and all the other associated "gubbins" just do not make this viable.

Mine are wayfarer style but by another designer and they are literally mm's too big. Width wise the holder is fine it's the depth that needs to be a couple of mm more for them to fit. :(

If they were just plain old sunglasses I'd be tempted to try a little flexing to get them to fit but they are prescription lenses so don't want to force them in etc.....

one  more peeve.....

When accelerating from standstill its sometimes hard to find the line between too slow and wheel spin.

I solved that with haldex.

• Like 2