New Octavia RS confirmed for Goodwood

My dealer has seen one already in Spain.

Says it's the dogs balls.

Four exhausts at the back, apparently.

Interesting as the Skoda preview on the car configurator showed one each side, integrated into the rear bumper valance - which I really liked.
  • Like 1

Interesting as the Skoda preview on the car configurator showed one each side, integrated into the rear bumper valance - which I really liked.

I am wondering if each housing hides twin exhausts?

I'm with you though, I liked the configurator version too.............

News from Skoda head Dr Winifried Vahland is that Skoda "will do a diesel version of the vRS".

Although the vRS will be front drive only from launch, Vahland confessed that he was 'thinking about a four-wheel-drive model. Maybe we’ll do a special edition, but nothing’s confirmed'.

4 exhausts on a 2 litre VRS? I think the dealer is talking the usual dealer speak I.e. bullsh@t

+1.

I'd also love a 4x4 vRS. Sadly, I very much doubt there will be one. I hope I'm wrong!

4 exhausts on a 2 litre VRS? I think the dealer is talking the usual dealer speak I.e. bullsh@t

Why not? Superb 2 litre TSI has them

4x4 vRS special edition might well get me back in an Octavia if it ever happens. How do we get Dr Vahland to think a bit harder about it?

I suspect it'll be out out of his hands - for the UK at least. Here's hoping that with a growing market for 4x4 Skodas it will feature..

Probably available if you're a Paramedic though....

Why not? Superb 2 litre TSI has them

4x4 vRS special edition might well get me back in an Octavia if it ever happens. How do we get Dr Vahland to think a bit harder about it?

I can think of many ways but the polis may not agree. Come on Dr, you know u wanna!!!

My tickets arrived the other day :-)

My tickets arrived last week. Cant wait for this. Wonder if there will be deals for ordering over the weekend. Deffinently getting down early for moving motorshow and hopefully its on the hill with passenger rides. Sign me up.

No chance of a 4wd VRS

100% agree the vRS will be 220ps 2wd, XDS but no proper diff options or any of the fancy electronic trickery the MK7 GTi will be offered with.

• Like 1

100% agree the vRS will be 220ps 2wd, XDS but no proper diff options or any of the fancy electronic trickery the MK7 GTi will be offered with.

+1

How much heavier is the new car? Is the new vrs going to end up no faster than the last?

Should be about 100 Kgs lighter due to the MQB platform. This affect acceleration more than top speed ie Petrol VRS should be a sub 7 sec car to 100kph.

Top speed around 155 mph for the petrol version maybe 145 mph for the diesel though in theory they could be higher if geared for it. The VRS run out of revs in standard form as they are quite low geared annd would VAG allow the Skoda to do over 155 mph due to not being limited from the factory when Germany cars are ie to 250 kph?

People are assumimg it will be 100kgs lighter. Id be very happy if that was the case but the VRS wont drop much weight at all due to it using the multi link independant rear suspension setup. Most of the weight saving from the new platform comes from the torsion beam setup fitted on the lower spec models only.