Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Hi all, my first Skoda, Tsi Manual, leather with heated seats. Arrived here from a Cooper S. More room needed for the family and biking. 

Rear debadged and interior lights upgraded to LEDs so far. Potential lower and of course remap or tune box on list. She's a beaut, very impressed 😃

IMG_20200731_203325~2.jpg

IMG_20200731_203300~2.jpg

• Like 2

On 18/07/2020 at 18:56, BBDom said:

As long as you're happy with it , that is all that matters :)

If we sat side by side stuck in traffic on a dual carriageway, there would be no difference at all :)

Welcome to the Octavia club :D

Cheers Dom.  Having had it for getting on a month now I'm pretty impressed at how much poke this 1 ltr petrol actually has.... once the turbo kicks in of course

• Like 1

66 plate Octavia 150 SE L DSG owner for a week based in South Wales. First time I’ve had a Skoda and also first auto box. Driven a couple of hundred miles over the week and love it! Still find myself going to press the clutch in when slowing/ stopping but getting better lol. Very impressed with the fuel economy so far especially given I’ve been playing with both sport mode and acceleration (& it’s alleged my right foot can be heavy on an empty dry dual carriageway), but still getting 47mpg - which is virtually the same as I was getting out of my 1.6l diesel Hyundai i30!

I’m not one to do many modifications, I’ve put on a rear seat cover (matches the paint colour) to protect them from the dogs and might get similar for the front (I’ve Dryrobe covers in my van which I love so may get the same) but that’s it!

FA5FEE1D-5E88-4042-97BB-B04713E0D4A6.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Proud owner of Skoda Octavia 105 SE 1.6TDCi Mkiii. I think these cars look great and perform great from an economic point. Only changes I will be making is tinted rear windows, wind deflectors and possibly door handle lights. 

The kit these cars come with is enough to make any short or long journey comfortable and the storage space blows my mind... I've gone from stacking my boys buggy in the boot of our Seat Leon to laying the whole lot out in the boot of the Octavia. 

Hopefully will have some updated pictures for you all after the windows are done on 14th September. 

IMG_20200830_172527_139956103668227.jpg

• Like 1

Thought I'd look for a little bit of appreciation for my second vrs I've had since October. 

Hatchback Diesel, my first one, financially written off in a crash was the estate and had the 19" extrem alloys that I miss a lot but also really like the 18s when the light hits them just right. 

My second has a lot of features the first didn't, a pan roof, canton sound and subwoofer, full leather with grey trim and heated seats I didn't have before. Haven't don't much messing with the car other than a vrs rug in the boot, a dog guard that might interest some people and I've added the honeycomb centre caps and nut covers pictured that I like but amn't too happy with the how the quality has lasted either. 

Point Blur_Aug082020_135040.jpg

IMG_20200902_201743.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CathalD said:

Thought I'd look for a little bit of appreciation for my second vrs I've had since October. 

Hatchback Diesel, my first one, financially written off in a crash was the estate and had the 19" extrem alloys that I miss a lot but also really like the 18s when the light hits them just right. 

My second has a lot of features the first didn't, a pan roof, canton sound and subwoofer, full leather with grey trim and heated seats I didn't have before. Haven't don't much messing with the car other than a vrs rug in the boot, a dog guard that might interest some people and I've added the honeycomb centre caps and nut covers pictured that I like but amn't too happy with the how the quality has lasted either. 

Point Blur_Aug082020_135040.jpg

IMG_20200902_201743.jpg

Those alloys 😍

I suppose I should add my name to the list. 

I picked up a 17 plate petrol VRS on Tuesday. Manual and meteor grey. 

Are separate threads on your car, with pics, allowed or is it the done thing to update here on your thoughts on the car and questions? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phil7 said:

I suppose I should add my name to the list. 

I picked up a 17 plate petrol VRS on Tuesday. Manual and meteor grey. 

Are separate threads on your car, with pics, allowed or is it the done thing to update here on your thoughts on the car and questions? 

There is another thread for posting pictures but from what I can see in this thread you can post your thoughts and a few pics alongside specifying what you own. 

• Like 1

With my children finally exiting private childcare I no longer needed to drive the motoring equivalent of purgatory (Kia Ceed SW) as my family car but still needed a lot of boot space. I also wanted some pace with decent handling whilst not being too expensive to run.

My original budget was up to 10k but I somehow ended up with rampant budget creep and ended up looking at mk3 Octavia estates. I also considered the Leon Cupra estate and Golf R estate but the greater space and more staid image of the Skoda appealed.

Spotted this a week or so ago at a Skoda dealer in the New Forest and put a deposit on it as it was almost in my ideal spec being meteor grey with black pack+, front parking sensors, low mileage and the silver interior stitching. Being Skoda Approved I paid a fair whack but I'm happy with the service I got and the 12 month warranty etc. I picked this up on Tuesday and have been enjoying driving it since then, including a 150 mile journey back from the dealer.

Initial thoughts are mainly positive but with some negatives.

Let's do the positives first:

I love the colour (but realise it's a bit marmite).

The car is in excellent condition.

The ride quality on the 19s is surprisingly good

I think it's a handsome car for a family estate

The boot and rear space

The car feels very good for the quoted power and torque figures 

Handles well enough

Glad I went for the manual gearbox

Negatives:

I'm not a fan of the alloys which I think are overly large and a bit garish. I may change these.

Also not a fan of the fake exhaust tips and fake engine noise in sport mode.

Booms a bit at motorway speeds
Not much steering feel

Wheel hop...

Before I bought it I thought about a stage 1 remap and fitting an underseat sub but I don't think either are must haves. I will probably get the underside and cavities dinitrolled as I plan on keeping the car for a long while. 

Anyway, enough rambling, here's a picture

cropped.jpg

• Like 2

Damn you people and your wagons! The only missing piece of my RS puzzle!

1 hour ago, phil7 said:

I love the colour (but realise it's a bit marmite).

Haha never heard it used as an adjective before, but the meaning is obvious. Wonderful! Mine is in the quite similar steel grey, and FWIW in the space of a month I've had probably 6 or 7 different people comment on how nice it looks :) 

You can claw a little bit of steering feel back by setting it to "sport" in the drive settings. I don't think it does much aside from reducing the assistance (outside of parking), but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrinityJay said:

Damn you people and your wagons! The only missing piece of my RS puzzle!

Haha never heard it used as an adjective before, but the meaning is obvious. Wonderful! Mine is in the quite similar steel grey, and FWIW in the space of a month I've had probably 6 or 7 different people comment on how nice it looks :) 

You can claw a little bit of steering feel back by setting it to "sport" in the drive settings. I don't think it does much aside from reducing the assistance (outside of parking), but it's better than nothing.

My preferred mode is Sport as I like the extra weight in the steering and the sharper throttle response. Less keen on the fake engine noise but I'm sure I can get rid of it when I learn how to configure the Individual driving mode. 

2 minutes ago, phil7 said:

when I learn how to configure the Individual driving mode.

It's dead simple, will take you all of 30 seconds. Push the vRS button, select "Individual" on the display and then hit the "Change" button on the top right. I have steering set to sport, but drive set to normal as I find the throttle mapping a little twitchy otherwise (in manuals that's all it changes), and the sound generator on eco. Some people disable the sound generator entirely but I think it's mild enough on eco.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrinityJay said:

It's dead simple, will take you all of 30 seconds. Push the vRS button, select "Individual" on the display and then hit the "Change" button on the top right. I have steering set to sport, but drive set to normal as I find the throttle mapping a little twitchy otherwise (in manuals that's all it changes), and the sound generator on eco. Some people disable the sound generator entirely but I think it's mild enough on eco.

Excellent, thanks. Can the sound generator be disabled entirely from the info screen? 

• 2 weeks later...

Been on here since mid July so thought I should add myself to the register. Bought my first Skoda earlier this year and instantly fell in love with her. Octavia III vRS Combi 2.0tdi 4x4. Perfect balance for me between being a sensible family bus alongside plenty of poke for a bit of a hoon when I want it. Great spec car; black pack, winter pack (I’m up ridiculously early for work most days and those heated seats and front windscreen are a God send) with one previous lady owner and just over 24,000 miles when I got hold of her. Only thing I really wish it had was folding mirrors but hey I’m happy. Plenty of modding plans in the works too including a stage one remap just for that little bit extra grunt 

F3507D3D-A895-4099-A7FD-45C96D1BABDF.jpeg

• Like 1

I've had mine since start of September - 2017 facelift VRS TDI 5 door in Meteor Grey with black pack plus and pan roof. The colour, black pack plus &  pan roof were all a must have for me. Unfortunately this restricted the choice to just 1 in the country at a Skoda dealership which luckily turned out to be a good one. Originally set out to get a wagon but saw this and loved it. 3 years old and unmarked.

Skoda are currently doing 2 years warranty, 2 free services, 2 years MOT cover & 2 years breakdown cover so a no brainer.

20200915_190648.jpg

Edited by weyland
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HBCDestroyer said:

2014 1.6TDI Elegance - Happy just to keep clean and tidy as already very good looks with no scratches or dents and only 31K on the clock. Plan is maybe DRL's and some wind deflectors.

20200712_091627.thumb.jpg.f2a650333b7f51c65687af5e9a62c2e8.jpg

V.nice. I'm considering DRLS and maybe bigger alloys on mine above now... Just when you think you are done with the changing things 😂

19 hours ago, GlitchGolder said:

V.nice. I'm considering DRLS and maybe bigger alloys on mine above now... Just when you think you are done with the changing things 😂

Yeah it's never ending, expensive but good fun though! :D

19 hours ago, GlitchGolder said:

Bigger alloys eh? I'll have a set of genuine 19 Xtreme in anthracite up for sale soon...😉😅

Here's mine 1.4TSi SE 14,000 on the clock when I bought it a month ago. Nice car only had one small scratch in the laquer low down on a door and a few stone chips otherwise just like a new car- I didn't expect anything less with such low mileage. One thing that really lets it down is the boominess from the cabin and rumbling from suspension through the body. I have spent the last few weekends adding sound deadening pads to the boot and wheel well plus fitting a new spare wheel with accessories kit and all this has helped reduce the boominess to a point where it no longer hurts my ears driving to work on country lanes- when I bought the car I tested it on dual carriageway and did not notice this noise issue. I've also replaced the tailgate stoppers for the modified spring type and this made an immediate difference to the boominess- it still affects the car and the only other thing I'm going to do is buy Goodyear all season tyres for the front and get rid of the current Hankooks which I'm hoping will reduce the current tyre noise too.

IMG_20200816_084758102.jpg

Edited by Michaeldavis39
Forgot to add something
  • Like 1