Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

On 22/03/2021 at 08:10, slipshot said:

You are correct my man...  they had it traded in because the previous owner developed back problems and the seats no longer for him.  Good enough reason to sell - for me!

Well I can say I gave your car a good test drive before it was sent.  Haha.

As for the the previous owner...  what did you mean by 'seats on longer for him'?   I'm guessing a typo but I'm curious because I'm tall and am finding the Skoda to be way less comfortable than my previous cars.  Apart from that I love it!

15 hours ago, rdomain said:

Well I can say I gave your car a good test drive before it was sent.  Haha.

As for the the previous owner...  what did you mean by 'seats on longer for him'?   I'm guessing a typo but I'm curious because I'm tall and am finding the Skoda to be way less comfortable than my previous cars.  Apart from that I love it!

Sorry - was a typo - the seats did not help his back problem, probably exacerbated it, so he sold it for a Passat.  How tall is tall?

7 hours ago, slipshot said:

Sorry - was a typo - the seats did not help his back problem, probably exacerbated it, so he sold it for a Passat.  How tall is tall?

I'm 6 foot 6.  I don't really get back pain though.  It's mostly my driving leg as it feels like it doesn't get to relax easily.  The discomfort has improved so I'm hoping I'll find a solution which will solve everything.  Really don't want to sell it just yet!  haha.

Hi,

New to this forum (first post), but i was part of an old Rover owners and tuning forum years ago called Rovertech. (If anyone on here remembers it).

I have a 2018 Octavia vRS 245 estate DSG.

I came across the forum looking to retrofit a reversing camera, so far i like what i see and thanks in advance for any help given so far or in the future. 

20210414_151939.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 12:33, TrinityJay said:

@Blairyc and I are Down Under, tyre 'season' types are far less of a thing here :) We generally fit what you would consider summer tyres year round. The Eagle F1s will sort it out I'm sure 👍

Yay for the Aussies 😀

• Like 1

Hi, new on here. Always loved the vrs and finally been able to get myself one, really enjoying it so far.

Just had a couple of questions although appreciate they may be covered in other threads. 

My ambient lighting lets me change the  strips on the door but not the buttons below the touchscreen, has there been update which I could plug into the car on a stick which would allow me to change this?

I also have the chrome trim around my grill and would really like to change it to a black one...but I’m somewhat wary of doing it, is it something to only be taken on by the brave?

Thanks 

4AE23E5E-8392-4BA3-97B7-B45574B983AD.jpeg

Hi, you can fairly easily remove the chrome trim around the grill by levering it out, but expect it to break as the locking tags are designed for it to stay in place. Fitting the black trim is a piece of cake, it’s just pressed into place, the tags are designed for a one way operation, no tools are needed for fitting. It makes a lot of difference to the aesthetic of the vehicle. I bought my grill from SuperSkoda together with black “Skoda, Octavia and vRS” badges for the rear, again they look really good on a white car. I bought from SuperSkoda before Brexit so prices may no longer be competitive. Having said that, they are genuine Skoda parts in the main. 

Hope this helps, enjoy your vRS.

On 27/04/2021 at 17:44, BigBute said:

Hi, you can fairly easily remove the chrome trim around the grill by levering it out, but expect it to break as the locking tags are designed for it to stay in place. Fitting the black trim is a piece of cake, it’s just pressed into place, the tags are designed for a one way operation, no tools are needed for fitting. It makes a lot of difference to the aesthetic of the vehicle. I bought my grill from SuperSkoda together with black “Skoda, Octavia and vRS” badges for the rear, again they look really good on a white car. I bought from SuperSkoda before Brexit so prices may no longer be competitive. Having said that, they are genuine Skoda parts in the main. 

Hope this helps, enjoy your vRS.

Thanks, have to say I’m in love with mine already. As I’ve only just got it I’m too scared to tackle the grill just yet but agree the black trim looks so much better so I definitely want to try and do it. 

13 hours ago, Tonythesmoke said:

Sounds like superskoda now kopacek are no longer shipping to the uk, can anyone can confirm? Also read some bad customer experiences of orders unfulfilled since brexit happened 

Posts I've seen on here suggest that Kopecek will ship 'small' items still and the problem is only with 'large' items.

You'll need to contact them to ask whether the items you want to purchase can be shipped to the UK at the moment.

Loving my Octavia 3, but just one niggle.  If every other manufacturer can have the wipers parked below the bonnet level, yet still be able to lift them to clean the screen, why do Skoda have to have this awkward ‘service’ position for the wipers?

(apologies if this is in the wrong thread)

Edited by Baxlin

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/12/2020 at 20:17, srh007 said:

Hi 👋🏻,

I’m a new Skoda owner and have VCDS. Being based in West Wales, if you need a hand with VCDS coding, just let me know 👍🏻

How west is west? As in how far from Haverfordwest? 

Good afternoon All,

New owner here based in aberdeenshire ,scotland of a mk3.5 Octavia VRS estate in Meteor gray.

Comes with a few goodies but only had it 2 weeks so still getting to grips with it. 

Will be retro fitting a reversing camera :)

skoda.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2

On 06/05/2021 at 09:55, FrankNicklin said:

All about reducing drag/road noise etc, but easy enough to activate. How often do you change wiper blades.

Not very often, but I clean the screen regularly, and lift the wipers.  But never mind...

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting from Estonia!

I'm new here and like to share with you my octavia vrs. I own this "wolf in sheep skin" over a year and really enjoing. 2.0TSI little bit modified 330hp :)

20210605_215324.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Paulie-vRS said:

Hello Skoda enthusiasts 

Here is my MY18 Octavia vRS on the day I first laid eyes on it 2 weeks ago 😊

E024AC01-022B-4B1C-A796-09D7558D4088.jpeg

Great colour. Never been a fan of the VRS wheels though. Enjoy.

Hi, Just broke my Skoda virginity. Bought a 2015 Octavia Elegance 1.6tdi 4x4 estate. Wanted the cheap tax (£30 a year) and 4x4 as I live in rural Argyll up in Scotland. Well pleased so far. 

IMG_20210803_152027.jpg

• Like 1