Delivery times

The wait is not only for the UK market. I've ordered mine 4/11 and was qouted april-maj delivery on a fairly standard Combi Elegance 1.4TSi DSG!. This is for the danish market, and others who have ordered and voiced their opinion on the VAG forums are also qouted 5-6 months delivery time. I visited 5 dealers and all said 5 months+

Now Skoda have said they wanted to increase their production over the next couple of years dramatically but it seems they are having a hard time with it, and i don't know how they could have been caught off guard like this. Basicly they have nearly doubled sales of the Octavia in Denmark for the last 12 months, but the production facility hasn't been upgraded for the demand that has been worldwide.

My dealer flat out said he would have no answer to BW or Provisional until atleast end of january...

I've just spoken to the dealer....

I placed the order with my Lease company on the 10-09-13

They accepted the order on the 13-09-13

Forwarded to the Skoda dealer 20-09-13

Accepted by the Factory on 15-10-2013 (almost a month later!)

Currently showing on the system as build week 12.

I guess that from build to delivery to me is another three weeks????

If that is the case the time between pressing the go button and receiving the car will have been 30 weeks.

Edited by freddyg

So you would not mind when the food you order at the restaurant takes longer than the estimated 45mins. No reasonable explanation as to why it is taking so long and all the other customers who arrived after you are already tucking in to the same and similar dishes. When you ask, you are fobbed off and they consider it rude when you keep asking as to why your meal is taking so long!

Two hours later and you would still be sitting on your hands doing nothing to complain?

That depends on how hungry I am, how busy the restaurant is, what I'd have ordered and the current company. Sitting opposite Penelope Cruz - I may be able to wait longer than two hours.

That depends on how hungry I am, how busy the restaurant is, what I'd have ordered and the current company. Sitting opposite Penelope Cruz - I may be able to wait longer than two hours.

Tummy is rumbling and I'm sat opposite Fat Heather from Eastenders, in a packed TGI Fridays waiting on their best burger 'n' chips!

I'd be getting my coat, not hers.  :giggle:

Well the build weeks just keep going further out for me, first it was BW 51, then 2, then back to status 0, now week 7. I wouldn't have minded so much if they had been upfront about it from the off. I very much doubt it will be week 7 anyway, but considerably later if it goes to form.

The dealer was careful to say that prospective build weeks can fluctuate. No kidding!

Just got told I've got a BW of wk7. Ordered a blue vrs petrol manual hatch on 1st sept, order was accepted on 2nd. My BW's have been all over the place too, week 43 then 46 then 03 then it slipped off the system and now 6 weeks later it's wk7! That's 24weeks from order to built, not a happy chappy...

At last a provisional build week…….I ordered VRs estate in candy white TDi back on 26th September. Order accepted in factory 2nd October, now the news i've been waiting for…….provisional build week 10….. WTF!!!!!!!

Anyone got any better news on their wait?

At last a provisional build week…….I ordered VRs estate in candy white TDi back on 26th September. Order accepted in factory 2nd October, now the news i've been waiting for…….provisional build week 10….. WTF!!!!!!!

Ordered a week after you, not yet accepted by factory... dealer gave 12 week (so week 2) date. No updates, no idea, but two weeks ago still wasn't properly on the system. Dealer should be straight up about quotas if they are getting excessive, just as Skoda should quit all this smoke and mirrors crap. They should be completely transparent and explicit, and there should be a method that they use to justify - not just a de-facto "oh it's this component this week that we're short of.." Just glad I re-commissioned the old omega on a hunch as I'd be stranded now.

Ordered a week after you, not yet accepted by factory... dealer gave 12 week (so week 2) date. No updates, no idea, but two weeks ago still wasn't properly on the system. Dealer should be straight up about quotas if they are getting excessive, just as Skoda should quit all this smoke and mirrors crap. They should be completely transparent and explicit, and there should be a method that they use to justify - not just a de-facto "oh it's this component this week that we're short of.." Just glad I re-commissioned the old omega on a hunch as I'd be stranded now.

Quite agree with you. SUK (how apt) told me today that my order placed 21 August accepted at the factory 02 October, build date week 9/ 2014. So, delivery around 30 weeks from order!!! Seriously thinking of binning the order and buying anything not VAG group.

The car lottery has gone mad!   I feel for you having to wait that long, was there not something in the pipeline already?  I ordered the same, a VRS tdi white estate on November 12th but managed to get one in the system (that was going to be used as a demonstrator for the dealer) with black pack, spare wheel, sunset glass and cruise.  It's being built this week... maybe it's built now? Still, for some the wait works, like those with a guaranteed px price or those wanting the new reg.  There are plenty of stories of cars being delivered early... hope you get the result you want.

We should have a topic on how long people have had to wait from ordering to taking delivery. Would probably ease the frustrations of the folks who have only been waiting for a short period.

The excitement of getting my new vRS had completely diminished leading me to write a strong letter to SUK, which I must say resulted in great financial benefits, like they always say if you don't ask you don't get.

Anyhow ordered mine mid July and last week the dealer rang me to say that it was due to be built this week.

Now I'm getting excited again.

I ordered the same car on 9th Nov but as yet have no build week or in fact any information. The only call I did receive was from a rival dealer trying to offer me a different deal! I would have only gone for a different deal if they managed to get a car earlier!!

I haven't called SUK as I'm in two minds, I want more info but then again do I want the bad news of a long wait. I ordered a white tdi estate black pack sunset glass with cruise so nothing too extravagant on the extras. Not sure if anyone has the same supposed dealer customer care that I should receive contact every other week, we'll 4 weeks without a word so far.

I am hoping there is good news out there on people who are happily driving round in their car, just haven't seen much!

My 2.0TDi Elegance estate was built week 48 (last week) and is currently somewhere in transit.

Originally ordered about mid-August but was held up with the Front Assist issue.

I have been allocated a Registration Plate by the dealer, so hopefully delivery is imminent  :happy:

Just had a look on the Track my Skoda website and my Race Blue vRS (no iffy options ordered) ordered on 20th October has a provisional build date of WK12 2014.  Looks like it will be April before I get mine.  I am happy to wait a bit longer to make sure I get a '14' plate on my car though I am hoping it does move too far forward or I will have to MOT my current car again. :-(

I got a provisional build week 4 almost immediately after placing the order (Nov-7th).  I did order from a largish dealer, and I made it clear that I wasn't overly concerned about when I received the car provided it arrived before the expiry of my current Alfa PCP (July'14).

I ordered mine last week and have a provisional build date of Week 8 which would be great but I'm not holding my breath! If it arrives in March that would be perfect as my current PCP ends then.

I ordered a Candy White VRS Estate TDi DSG with Silver Seat Stitching, Winter Pack, Cruise control, Black pack, Sunset glass, Panoramic Roof, Variable boot floor, colour maxidot, simply clever pack, spare wheel.

Ordered a Black VRS DSG Estate on October 2nd still not even got a provisional build date from SUK. Just rang the dealer to complain and they have a July registered Ocatavia III VRS, DSG, black, low mileage, ex demo for £10K less so order cancelled and pick it up on Thurs hopefully.

Ordered a Black VRS DSG Estate on October 2nd still not even got a provisional build date from SUK. Just rang the dealer to complain and they have a July registered Ocatavia III VRS, DSG, black, low mileage, ex demo for £10K less so order cancelled and pick it up on Thurs hopefully.

Thats a big drop in price for a 5 month old car... :wonder:

I ordered a Candy White vRS TSI Hatch with black pack, cruise control, canton, sunset glass, winter pack, kessy and colour trip on the 23rd Nov, was informed by the dealer today (A shock in itself to get a call back so soon!) that its provisionally put down for build week 4 which would mean a mid to late Feb delivery. I was originally quoted 12 weeks delivery with the more likely outcome of an end of March delivery by the dealer so I'm not holding my breath especially when my Fabia vRS was delayed 4 times and took 6 1/2 months to get to me!