Delivery times

I ordered my blue Tsi vrs hatch manual petrol on 1st sept, got a build week 4. The car was built on sunday 19th (which is technically week 3) and has arrived in the uk today :rock: . So, any ideas how long it takes to get to the dealer? Is it a case of waiting for a transporter to be booked to take it there (rainworth skoda in nottighamshire)? And would people think it silly me picking up the car as soon as possible rather than waiting for the 14 plate in march?

They quote 2 weeks delivery from factory to dealers and then a week for the dealers to do the PDI 'n' stuff, as for delivery, take it when you want to although, SUK do state "weather dependant" only you know what the14 plate is worth to you.  Mine has always been quoted as 14 plate and although, its worked out quicker than expected the very earlist my BW4 can be is the 1st of March so, I've got no choice.

Regards

T

well I've spoken to the dealer and he said I could probably pick the car up in two weeks but he has no problem with me waiting till march, so as I've already waited nearly 5 months I may as well wait one more...Now I'm gonna have to speak to Pw Pro about getting it detailed (they use swissvax crystal rock to wax the car so they must be good!)...

I ordered (vRS TSI hatch) on 19th of December.  Currently got a provisional bw13, which I make starts 24 March.  So with 2 weeks to get to the dealers, who quote a further 2 for PDI and registration, I'm looking at Monday 21st April.  That will be just under 19 weeks order to collection.  The actual collection day I'm not so fussed about, I am however trying to work out when to put the aging mondeo up for sale.  I'd like to sell it before the current tax runs out at end of March, but don't want to do that and not know how long I'll be managing without for.  I'm hoping my BW goes confirmed in early march I guess.

Ordered 28 Sept 13, got call today saying being built this week (BW5) ready (hopefully) for a pickup 01 March 14 - that's 23 weeks total assuming 01 March collection

ordered VRS Hatch with not many options on the 23rd Nov, dealer quoted late January/ early Feb when buying.

rang SUK before Christmas and was told BW12, then BW13 and now they are saying BW15. I have a bad feeling that every time I call SUK it will just get pushed back. has anyone actually received a lone car after 18/20 weeks? if so was it arranged by the dealer or by SUK?

rang SUK today for the latest update, provisional BW10 now. at least its going in the right direction :-)

Just rang skoda today also.

They told me that the factory was close for 3 weeks over xmas, and dealers had not been passing it on.

No wonder they are back logged. 3 weeks off at xmas. Need to change job and move abroad.

Any one else heard this?

Nope, not heard that one but, I just got BW6 CONFIRMED so, 1st of March delivery (weather permitting transport) Ordered the 28th Dec. so, a good 9 weeks waiting only but, it is an Elegance and not one of the troublesome VRS's.

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim

The factory I understand closes WK52 & WK1 for the festive break.

Oh and I,m sure they have another two week shutdown in the summer around the end of July

TP

Correct, pretty sure its the end of July.  When you go into a dealer they usually have a calendar from Skoda on the desk and it shows the closed weeks by them being shaded in a different colour to show planned factory holiday times.

I'm in Switzerland and I ordered a vRS Estate TDi in week 4.

I was told I could have up to 6 months delay when i ordered.

I was given my provisional build date on Friday as the week beginning CW14.

I'm hoping that things are finally starting to come through factory now and my doesn't go back.

Spec:

Metal grey vRS manual TDi

Columbus Nav + Bluetooth and phone support

Adaptive Cruise

Parking sensors front and back

corner fog lights

From UK

I ordered a VRS estate petrol  early November. Told last month provisional build wk. 12. Today told wk. 21, but it is coming down. Wonder if they mean they are speeding up or as each day passes I am getting closer to wk. 21 :wonder:

I ordered (in Sweden) a VRS TSI Estate with lots of options 25th of October.

The build week had just been set when I called a week ago, just floating around before that. 

He told me that the car now has provisional build week 09.

My guess is that if I'm lucky I might pick it up during W11.

That would be a wait of 20 weeks. But I believe it when I see it.  :notme:

In Sweden the RS (vRS) model has sold more than the Swedish quota permits, hence the delays.

I was told that if you order a vRS today the wait time is between 6 to 8 months.  :whew:

Back on 9 Jan I said in my post, VRS ordered 31 Aug was provisional Wk 21. That went to Wk 25 then back to Wk 11. Spoke with SUK yesterday only to be told no provisional date and that my order didn't get accepted until 5 Nov (not the 2 Oct SUK had previously told me), as my dealer had used up their quota and weren't able to order for 9 weeks! So here I am 22+ weeks from order, 18 weeks from being told that my order wasn't accepted until 2 Oct and now 13 weeks from when it actually got accepted. All of this the dealer denies any knowledge of!! Needless to say the phone call to the dealer was not pleasant.