my new vrs estate is now home but....

I have had my mk3 octavia vrs estate in race blue (petrol) since 1st August and I love it .. It was the display car in arbury Skoda and with 0% finance I couldn't resist it

Oh and who was asking about the iPhone ?? I have a iPhone 5 and it connects and charges just fine ;-)

• Like 2

Far left button is for the traction control ritchie & I like the wolf in sheeps clothing look sotonjoe.

cant beat the look on peoples faces when you disappear away from them!

I wasn't trying to pee on your fire my friend, just saying I think they're too run of the mill. Hope it goes well for you.

Trouble is i'm used to the cornering lights as had them on my old fl & they are really useful in the back roads round this way. That & its not the point that some bits are missing but the fact that the dealer didn't tell me, they just said it was standard spec & they was desperate for sale as fiqures are low because people dont want a 13 plate apprently

True but id almost suggest they are utterly pointless given the car already has factory cornering bi-xenon lamps. Each to their own but i found them of no use on my Golf and not missing them at all om my FL vRS.

RE the vRS button surely it still has a driver mode selection (eco, normal or sport) button. Its more or less the same thing anyway.

I also guess its the price you pay for buying one of the first available cars, personally Id be revelling in being one of the first to have one, also you'd be waiting months for a factory order like many others are currently.

The difference between the normal Driving Mode button and the VRS Mode button is just the logo. There's nothing to worry about, you're not missing out on anything. If it really bugs you, just order the button and replace it. ;)

And keep the goodies (pics) coming!

The mode button gives you 4 options ... Normal Eco sports and a custom one ... My previous Occy had cruise control so miss that but the lane assist is good just takes some getting used to and also has stop/start tech which works well.. Not had a problem with DAB radio .. It's my first vrs all my other skodas have been elegance models .. In all I love it ;-)

What's ur opinion on the new car? I still don't see any video reviews online.

Tbh it's my first vrs my last car was a 1.6d estate elegance so I'm new to sporty models so that's all I can compare it to!

But I must say its the best car I have owned. The only 2 things I miss are cruise control and of course the fuel consumption ...

But I do like the fact it turns heads when I'm driving it and people are always coming over to admire it ;-)

Edited by smokeygoose

hi just thinking ab buying a set 17s for my nk 11 octavia estate will theses wheels fit the new octavia estate aim only thinking

of keeping the old estate for about 12 mouths so i was going to fit theses on the new one thanks pete

Gleemin & smokeygoose ,congratulations !

4 pictures are not enough...  :nerd:

Could you please post more pictures, opinions, etc? My friend is getting ready to order one and he would love some first impressions... And lots of pics!  :p

True but id almost suggest they are utterly pointless given the car already has factory cornering bi-xenon lamps. Each to their own but i found them of no use on my Golf and not missing them at all om my FL vRS.

The effectivness of cornering fogs varies massively car-by-car.

Not much good on my Octavia vRS (same fogs/location as the Mk6 Golf), very good on the Yeti (nice and high in the bumper) and very good on my Superb (low in the bumper but big lenses), I also drove a Superb with the cornering bi-xenon headlights (mine has standard non-xenon headlights) and it's cornering fog lights were still quite effective, so a blanket "they aren't very good" isn't fair.

It'll be interesting to see how good they are on the Octy MkIII vRS, the foglights look like the light is reflected in two different directions...

Cornering fogs are for low speed manoeuvres -very useful on country lanes in the dark when people have those little rocks on their driveways for example, and the bendy xenons are for higher speeds and operate at a greater distance. The fogs on my elegance are different from the VRS so don't know how the beam compares.

A lot of the stuff on my car is activated on the stereo screen by pressing the 'car' button and going through the menus rather than on the maxi-dot, the stalks and steering wheel remote controls do not adjust these settings.

Where is the owner of this very nice VRS? We need more pics and impressions. Stop slacking! :)

Probably out and about enjoying his new wheels. I know I would be if I was in the same boat. Taking piccies of my stationary car would be way down the pecking order!

U bought a superb what the hell have i missed? What happens to a yellow mklll Vrs :(

Ahh, It was a decision made in a very short time. vrs has gone to a new home, don't make me feel guilty selling it, it was one of the best cars I've ever had, but I have a new friend now, a v6! :) 

• Like 1