The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Boring? - some people I know say that about the Octavia.

LED DRL's - they are standard on the FL Elegance & L&K.

Not so much boring as conventional.  Designed to fit into a range of existing models, not to stand out.

• Like 1

The best IMO is the (real) metal one they fitted to the Urban model. Sort of a carbon finish but in metal not plastic. Wonder if available as a spare part from Skoda?

Should be available; you just need to get the correct part no from your friendly, neighbourhood dealer.

Guy

As a first-time Yeti buyer (and someone who initially thought / hoped they were going to get a pre-FL model), I have to say that I would still have bought the Yeti with / without the Facelift. For me its the flexibility of the vario seating and the 'square' rear styling drew me to the Yeti in the first place - whilst you may get more coupe styling from some of the other SUV's on the market, you loose the flexibility to carry something tall right across the (relatively) flat load area.

Whilst I'm commenting - just came across the following video of the FL in action on You Tube (a bit boring for first 30 seconds) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDa1O_9LZQ8#t=57

• Like 3

Thanks, Truthseeker. I hope you're right. If it turns out to be as reliable as my trusty Roomster, I shall be well pleased. Styling fashions come and go but reliability is, for me, the thing that matters above all others.

Hi fellas, I have a question I want to ask on behalf of a friend of mine. He is getting a yeti as his next company chariot. It'll be a 1.6 TDi greenline (as befits the silly tax rules in the uk) and he was given a build date of October 30th.

Now the question is will this be a face lifted version or not? He is hoping for it not to be as he rather dislikes the new snout. If the new brochure has only just come up for grabs maybe he'll be on the tail end of the last batch of originals. Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks

Alex

The word around is that FL production begins the 45 week of November so unless something extraordinary has happened it seems your friend will be another happy smiling Yeti user! If anyone knows different feel free to correct me though.

Just spoke to my dealer and my F/L Yeti 1.2SE has moved from Week 51 build date to Week 14 (that's first week in April) :sweat: . No one seems to know why yet but 7 months from order to build seems excessive! Dealer chasing up with Skoda. Just hope existing car keeps going that long.

Just spoke to my dealer and my F/L Yeti 1.2SE has moved from Week 51 build date to Week 14 (that's first week in April) :sweat: . No one seems to know why yet but 7 months from order to build seems excessive! Dealer chasing up with Skoda. Just hope existing car keeps going that long.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a shortage of 1.2 tsi engines .

VW group seem to fit it to everything these days.

In the Yeti you can have any kind of petrol engine you like......as long as its a 1.2.

( 1.8 tsi L&K excepted.)

Rant over. :blush:

Oh no. Mine is wk 50 build (1.2TSI Elegance DSG). Will not be a happy bunny if got to wait until April, and if so may cancel and go elsewhere. Ringing the dealer now.

Thanks for the update.

My L&K 170 has gone from wk 2 to wk 6. Ordered beginning of Oct, so looking at 5 months for delivery.

Not impressed either, and no reason given yet.

When were you told this mate ?

And that's the second review I've seen saying that the Outdoor's only avaliable in 4WD.  It isn't - at least I hope it isn't, or there's going to be a problem supplying my 1.2 TSI Outdoor!  I wonder where they're getting this information from?

The road tests were done in CZ. The journalists were probably given that information in a briefing over there. The information is correct for CZ and other European countries. I think the UK is an anomaly in letting you have a 1.2TSI Outdoor.

The road tests were done in CZ. The journalists were probably given that information in a briefing over there. The information is correct for CZ and other European countries. I think the UK is an anomaly in letting you have a 1.2TSI Outdoor.

Could it be that it is only the 1.2 TSI Outdoors that are having their build weeks put back because of this anomaly?

Could it be that it is only the 1.2 TSI Outdoors that are having their build weeks put back because of this anomaly?

Good point and could be the reason, however, the 1.2 engine is also fitted to the City/Urban version so can't be engine availability issues assuming City 1.2s are not affected as well).......but hey what do I know.