The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I saw a FL City version today at the roundabout on junction 3 of the M3. It was white with CZ plates. Looked much better than I thought with all the colour coded bumpers and sideskirts. It had some kind of bike holder on the back so couldn't really make out the new design bootlid panel. I'd like to see one in jungle green in the 'flesh.'

Just seen a Skoda facebook page showing one of the first FL outdoors going down the line following a Superb, dated 11th November; still not taken by the new front bumper.

TP

You didn't see my comment on that photo when it was published before then TP?   :giggle:   I said YOU would love that one since it does not have the LEGO above the fogs yet.  

• Like 1

Pics of the Chinese stretched Yeti interior showing the extra rear space:

skoda-yeti-stretched-china-21-660x414.jp

From:  http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/11/19/stretched-skoda-yeti-hits-the-china-car-market/

I'd probably have a Chinese Yeti+ if it were available here - the extra length would make it easier to get bikes in the back and you can have a spare wheel whilst retaining a flat load space too.

This weeks copy of Autoexpress 1296 carries an excellent first drive of a 1.2 TSI Yeti.It is a RHD version and is not the Outdoor version, 4 out 5 .

Tony

Here is the link:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/yeti/84580/skoda-yeti-2014-12-tsi-review

Edit: Must have the wrong link as this one is LHD.

Correct link please manxskoda?

That's a good review - particularly of the 1.2TSI

Most 1.2 pre  F/L owners realise that the 1.2 is a cracking motor and I have no doubt that the new F/L owners will be just as pleased when theirs turn up.

Not having read the data on the new model I can't  really comment on performance but as its the same engine I imagine most things to be very little changed and it appears this review is almost identical to many that were written about the Mrk1.

I could have ordered a F/L version but prefer the original so managed to source a late 13 model but  had it not been available I would have no doubt been almost as happy with the new model. :happy:

I saw a FL Elegance at SMC Exeter, as has been mentioned previously.It was parked in the rear compound, with a Fabia between it and an original Yeti.

Sadly I found it disappointing. There is such an incoherence of the now very angular and agressive front end and the rounded and smooth sides.Front is also busier than the original (which I found too busy anyway !). It looks just as it is, a new front end with a different design philosophy grafted onto a previous one from the A post back. An unhappy marriage and sad.

Looks like after two originals the next will have to be a MK 2.

It looks just as it is, a new front end with a different design philosophy grafted onto a previous one from the A post back. An unhappy marriage and sad.

That was always my chief complaint about the styling of the pre-FL model. Plus ca change...

(Doesn't stop it being a good overall package, but just a shame that even pre-2009 they had to have two design teams working on the same car. IMO of course.)

My yeti has been built and is at the port waiting to be shipped !!!!!!!!!!

Heheeeeeee, should be in it by Xmas :-)

Gotta say, my dealer has been ultra patient with my constant nagging ,,, proper boy like excited now !

This is the first UK test of the Outdoor, as all the other Autoexpress test drives have been done using the LHD versions in Europe.This must be in this weeks edition,as not in any previous editions.

Tony

Auto Express review of the FL outdoor 4X4 TDi : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/yeti/84836/2014-skoda-yeti-4x4-review

They continually compare it to the new FL Qashqai, which let's face it, will be huge seller. But why always follow the crowd?

This paragraph from the review convinces me the reviewer knows nothing about the FL Yeti! 

The main difference between this updated Yeti and the old car is that it’s now available in rugged Outdoor trim, as tested here. This means that as well as the Yeti’s new, more traditional front end, you get underbody protection at the front and rear, plus silver door mirrors.

The pre FL Yeti had 'rugged outdoor trim' as standard unless I'm mistaken!! And what's that underbody protection he's babbling about - does he mean the Rough Road Pack which is an optional extra?

I stopped reading when he said the interior is bland and low-rent compared to the new Cashcow. Bland it may be to some eyes compared to the gaudy interiors of some modern cars but low-rent .......never in a million years!  

I stopped reading when he said the interior is bland and low-rent compared to the new Cashcow. Bland it may be to some eyes compared to the gaudy interiors of some modern cars but low-rent .......never in a million years!  

I stopped reading here:

"The handling is safe rather than exciting and the ride is firm, without being uncomfortable."

Huh?! The Yeti has been lauded in every test for years now for its no lean in corners amazing handling...  and now all of a sudden due to some LEGO plastic out front and LED rear lights the handling is totally transformed into being just "safe". What utter rubbish.

• Like 3