What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Following a very tidy Triumph Herald on the way home from work today. Nice twin exhaust with a decent note to it, even though it wasn't exactly brisk :)

Twin tailpipe makes me think it may have been a Vitesse rather than a Herald.

• Like 1

Pulling onto the A441 in Redditch after weeks of moaning about surface dressing to find that, for once, resurfacing has been done right.  Chunk by chunk, the dual carriageway is being ripped up at night at the moment and replaced with beautiful, smooth, unbroken tarmac.

It definitely brought a smile to my face to put my foot down into a bend that would have previously given me whiplash and getting nothing but traction instead.  And the smooth hum of a proper road is certainly preferable to the rumble of what was there before.

Hugely impressed with the pace they're working at and still achieving such a great new surface.  Such a pity it creates such a strong contrast to the miles of gravel they are laying down across the rest of the borough.

Twin tailpipe makes me think it may have been a Vitesse rather than a Herald.

That looks more likely - it didn't sound like a four cylinder anyway!

• Like 1

It's a beautiful day after work today.

What made we smile whilst driving

The strength on the octavias air con

The stunning women wearing almost nothing (although sorry van man behind me. Start stop and a very pretty redhead walking on the pavement whilst I was at a red light did mean I was rather slow off the mark. Although I think he was just as distracted)

Driving through Edinburgh reminded me what proper drivers are supposed to be like. The standard of driving is just so much better than round Bonnyrigg.

After spending the weekend driving down south, well Alton Towers and Blackpool (hey everything from Stirling on is 'down south' to me), I cam to the conclusion petrol is too cheap in England.

Average speed on the M6 must have been 80-90mph.

Enjoyed not one but two rather forceful drivers that came past me going considerable faster than me (and I'm keeping up) getting a chat from plod further down the road.

• Like 1

Is it me or as I'm getting towards the big 5-0, I'm finding 80 is fast enough on the motorway!

Just you haha.

Nah. Depends what your drivin i guess. My cars happy at 80mph, but cruising at well over a tonne is no problem on the bike/other cars so it makes 80 feel slow.

Just my opinion anyway.

I used to ride a Gixxer 750, but injury saw to that and I sold it.  :(

£3k worth of M2M BKS race leathers & gloves, Shoei X-Spirit helmet & Alpinestars race boots + undersuits, all sitting here on the wall doing SFA! 

The look on SWMBOs face when I presented her my Saab she asked to borrow. She had an accident, of sorts, with a roundabout last week.

b108455.jpg

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 2

The look on SWMBOs face when I presented her my Saab she asked to borrow. She had an accident, of sorts, with a roundabout last week.

b108455.jpg

But she cant keep right, the steering wheel is on the wrong side! Haha.

• Like 1

But she cant keep right, the steering wheel is on the wrong side! Haha.

But the wheel is on the right side. Its you crazy lot that do it wrong. :D

Edited by DaKKs_152