What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Had a similar experience about 12-months ago in my Beemer - heading down a slip-road onto the A46 Warwick by-pass. Floored it to get up to speed to join the carriageway, and BOOM! Followed instantly by distinct loss of torque.  No warning lights and still running, so carried on 3 miles at greatly reduced velocity to my appointment. Subsequent investigation revealed I'd split apart the upper and lower halves of the plastic moulded inlet manifold / plenum chamber.

Turns out that as the plastic manifolds reach an age, this is not that uncommon.  Like your vRS, the fresh, unmolested manifold from a scrapper now has a row of stainless self-tappers along its joint flange to prevent future recurrence.  Historical fault codes for "low boost pressure" cleared, and everything good as / better than new. Used the excuse to give the EGR a good old scrub out, but it was pretty good anyway.

Made me smile when I discovered the split, but the moment of the exploding manifold, I suspect the look on my face would have been more "What the feck was THAT?"

My hose come off the bottom intercooler pipe, its a little 90 degree bend. The one side blew off about 6 months ago so i knew what happend as soo as it went which is why i laughed straight away. It was the other side of the bend this time. Got the car home, up in the air, bottom tray off, drilled a couple of pilot holes, self tappers in and away i go again. The whole fix took 10mins and is as good as new. Yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A VW Golf parked on a bend today causing no end of aggro for vehicles travelling in both directions, when there were plenty of parking spaces along the road. So why did this make me smile? It was the sight of the drivers wing mirror in a million pieces on the road next to it which made me think "that'll bloody teach you!"

Edited by flying pig

More just after driving...but still made me smile

Whilst Hunt Junior was a fellow three year old's party yesterday, I nipped to Halfords and bought a few things including another bucket for '2 bucket washing'.

I then collected my wife and Sam' from the party, Sam' being thrilled with his party bag, and took them to a local farm/play ground. When we arrived we got out and Sam, seeing the red bucket in the boot asked if he could have it to carry his party bag in.

Me (without thinking about the obvious): Yes ok

Sam': in small voice: Thank you daddy.  *scampers off stage left with mummy*

Me: Close boot, look up to see Sam' arrive at the play area, empty bag from bucket, fill bucket with sand.

:wall:

But he was chuffed!

A mate of mine a few years back who wrote off his company car late one night driving home across Salisbury Plain, near Tidworth. Ran slap bang into the side of a tank at a crossing. His accident report when it came into the company fleet office read like:

Was the other vehicle displaying lights? - No, it was a tank!

What damage did the other vehicle sustain? - None - it was a tank! Oh - may have scratched the paint a little?

Did the driver of the other vehicle admit any liability? - He said they felt a slight noise, so stopped to investigate.

Please give the other driver's insurance details: - When the occupants were all carrying machine guns and had a 60mm gun pointing at me, I didn't like to ask too many questions!

Hahah ! One to tell the grandparents

JRJG

Friday afternoon- heavy but moved with only a single stop encountered. Must have been a right shunt somewhere south on the M5! 

I finally got my car service car back! No more ****ty old Caddys and electric golf cars. Took them four freaking weeks to properly replace the clutch. 

My baby is home again!

IMG_20140520_100001575_HDR1_zps75d24b60.

Edited by DaKKs_152

The overwhelming joy of just being in rural Herefordshire with all the lambs, calves, lush greenery, endless blossom and birdsong.

Superb Hereford beef, excellent Tyrells crisps and the best ciders in the world.  Heaven.

It's amazing we found a way to make a living somewhere so lovely.  I have to multi-task and be a jack of many trades to keep money coming in consistently; today a couple of school bus runs from the hamlets to the village schools in a wonderful £80k exec minibus and achingly beautiful scenery.

Hard to not keep smiling!

• Like 1

The overwhelming joy of just being in rural Herefordshire with all the lambs, calves, lush greenery, endless blossom and birdsong.

Superb Hereford beef, excellent Tyrells crisps and the best ciders in the world. Heaven.

It's amazing we found a way to make a living somewhere so lovely. I have to multi-task and be a jack of many trades to keep money coming in consistently; today a couple of school bus runs from the hamlets to the village schools in a wonderful £80k exec minibus and achingly beautiful scenery.

Hard to not keep smiling!

I know I love it around here such a great area!
  • Like 1

The Clio sport that rocketed onto the a1 from ft kinnaird (50mph) behind me. Made me smile wondering if he thought the "brisk" acceleration was all my vrs had - it wasn't was foggy and also my engine wasn't warm so didn't want to rag it.

He was right up behind me coming up the slip and then went straight into lane 2 at well over the speed limit.