What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Brilliant - must be quite an event driving one!

Did you check to see if it was a new old one or an old old one? :)

New old one - on a '12' plate.

Sounded lovely - he opened it up a bit on a short section of dual carriageway and it had a lovely rumble with a sharp crackle over the top...   you could also smell it - and also looked great chrome vee twin up front the rest all black with a silver and red stripe over the top and tan interior.

I used to have a friend that raced Morgans but this was something special...

• Like 1

A Cayenne Xclusive passed me earlier today. I hadn't realised just how many aftermarket body kit suppliers there was out there!

Think they are based in Sheffield so seen a few around...

A Cayenne Xclusive passed me earlier today. I hadn't realised just how many aftermarket body kit suppliers there was out there!

Plenty for the Cayenne.

Soo many standard options to. The theory is that theres no two the same....

Theory...

One of these trundling through Sheffield in traffic today driven by an older gent with is wife - both tweeded up with flat caps etc...

Followed it for a few miles in the MX5 as it was going the same way and don't think I've ever seen as many people stop and stare at a car before...   the driver must've been loving it!

See plenty of them at work lol

Still a good seller, mainly overseas. Very clever mix of tradition bits (sliding pillar suspension) and modern parts (2.0 V-Twin, Mazda MX-5 gearbox).

Saw my first ever real life delorean today parked at jctn14 services on the M7/M8 motorway.

Went to see Billy Elliott at the BGE theatre, that made me smile while not driving? It was fantastic, waaay betrer than i thought. Id say the level swearing had a few people regretting bringing the their small kids to see it (aged 4+ from what i could see)

• Like 2

Found out what happens when you arrive at a toll plaza with no cash (i had 3cent in the ashtray) and the card system is out of order.

You get asked if you have anything... even sterling :D

Then you sign an IOU with reg number on it and promise to pay by phone or at the plaza within 7days

Then i passed 3 old MG's being driven in convoy, roofs down despite the weather by guys in their 60s, wearing lots of wooly layers and hats :D gave em a little tootle as i passed

• Like 1

Heading home after collecting the indian for dinner - weathers been ****e today, but brightened up while i was driving down -

I was at the traffic lights when a woman with her 4/5yr old daughter came around the corner.

The little girl stopped in a puddle about 1/2" deep in her wellyboots, and did little tap dance for about 10secs finished off with "jazz hands" then kept walking with her mam

I laughed the whole way home :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy are you going to love this one!

Driving the town service bus around Whitby today, and had a real arrogant sod in a BMW stop in front of me blocking the road, get out, and started banging on the bus window and shouting the odds. Asked me how much f-ing road I wanted, to which I very politely told him I wanted ALL of it, because I wasn't the bloody idiot driving the wrong way up a one way street..........

Realising how much in the wrong he was, he told me to f-off, jumped back into his Beamer, bounced it up a high kerb and promptly ripped the front spoiler off it. But he carried on, went round me on the footpath and obviously thought that was the end of the matter -- until he met a police traffic car that was 5 vehicles behind me. Never stopped smiling all day after seeing that............. :devil:

It was worth being spoken to like that just to see the end result!

Mike

Haha brilliant. Instant karma.

Driving the town service bus around Whitby today, and had a real arrogant sod in a BMW stop in front of me blocking the road, get out, and started banging on the bus window and shouting the odds. Asked me how much f-ing road I wanted, to which I very politely told him I wanted ALL of it, because I wasn't the bloody idiot driving the wrong way up a one way street..........

Realising how much in the wrong he was, he told me to f-off, jumped back into his Beamer, bounced it up a high kerb and promptly ripped the front spoiler off it. But he carried on, went round me on the footpath and obviously thought that was the end of the matter -- until he met a police traffic car that was 5 vehicles behind me. Never stopped smiling all day after seeing that............. :devil:

Mike

:D 

Have you got dash cam footage? 

Mike

One of the best ive read in a while :D

Driving the town service bus around Whitby today, and had a real arrogant sod in a BMW ...

Mike

There's a reason why the Germans say that BMW is "Bayerische Mist Wagon".

A happy day and a sad day today...

happy 'cos I'm in the MX5 and it's sunny and will be home late so a sunny drive in hood down and a dark drive home hood down.

A sad day as the tax runs out tonight so I need to decide whether to SORN it over winter...

• Like 1