Richard's GT-R thread, old and new!

BossFox

Trading in a nice year old 650s Spider and adding £120k to it. No thanks. :D

I agree totally. They are not worth the premiums they command. However. If you got the chance to drive one on a track, it would be an excellent experience.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone explain why "giving people marks out of 10 for vapourising tyres" is considered to be a sport?

{mild o/t} I have no issues with marks for part or all of a sport as long as ordinary people can understand the marking (eg diving or ski-jumping). {/end}

Bloody hell, those cars look awesome. I love how much you love Skylines! Lol

Your garage is like real life game of Gran Tourismo!

Thanks.

I have told myself it's sensible because they are not depreciating.

So you get to enjoy them while rising value covers running costs.

Well that's my story anyway. :D

• Like 3

I'd fight you for that honour Charlie! My favourite car in the best colour!

Thanks for the update Richard. You're living the life we all dream of and by knowing you, and your threads, I'm vicariously living it with you. :D

Edited by Skoda_Saint

GTRs.jpg

I don't recognise the green one in the middle.

It seems to have been modified slightly, raised suspension, new wheels, off road tyres, one-off body kit, oversized exhaust and, if I'm being honest, a slightly agricultural front splitter.

Judging by the lights on the roof it has been used as a pace car in the past. Was this another Japanese import or a barn find?

Torque figures are through the roof none the less :D.

• Like 4

attachicon.gifGTRs.jpg

I don't recognise the green one in the middle.

It seems to have been modified slightly, raised suspension, new wheels, off road tyres, one-off body kit, oversized exhaust and, if I'm being honest, a slightly agricultural front splitter.

Judging by the lights on the roof it has been used as a pace car in the past. Was this another Japanese import or a barn find?

Okay, I've been doing some research and I believe that it's a special edition John Deere GT-OOH ARR!

Blue one isn't by any chance on a 16 plate and screaming down the M11 on Monday night was it? If it did, sounded wonderful and looked so much better with a BMW trying to keep up with it.

No, they stopped making the R34 GT-R around 14 or 15 years ago.

Probably the newer big one.

Yeah I know when they stopped making them. Could have been a private plate though. Think it ended in CDJ?

No it couldn't, because the one thing you can not do is put a so-called private plate on a car that was first registered (anywhere) before the first date that the plate could have been issued.

No it couldn't, because the one thing you can not do is put a so-called private plate on a car that was first registered (anywhere) before the first date that the plate could have been issued.

Yup. Cant perceive the car to be newer than it is.

All sorts seems to happen on import though eh :D.