We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

Well we took our Skoda out today and it's been full if surprises..

As mentioned in the past we've never ever been able to run on anything other than plus 1... Today we've been using the same kit, same car, same map 4 on plus 2 and plus 3 without a fault code in site anywhere :(

Were planning on taking some VCDS logs later this week or next to see if we can make any sense if it all

What power do plus 2 and 3 give you?

What power do plus 2 and 3 give you?

I'm not sure as I was never able to run them on the road or the dyno in the past..

We do plan on taking the car back again to the dyno over the coming weeks

Well we took our Skoda out today and it's been full if surprises..

As mentioned in the past we've never ever been able to run on anything other than plus 1... Today we've been using the same kit, same car, same map 4 on plus 2 and plus 3 without a fault code in site anywhere :(

Were planning on taking some VCDS logs later this week or next to see if we can make any sense if it all

I'm intrigued by this as you seem to be now having the opposite effect to me!!!! Perhaps seasonal temperature and atmospherics aren't to blame?... It would be great to get back to 4+2 at least! Keep up the good work...

Out of interest, what made you try the leap to 4+2?

Edited by SteveWCombivRS

Steve or goes against everything else I have known for the last 10 years, typically customers do need to turn systems down during the warmer weather .. I don't know what to make if it tbh..

• 2 weeks later...

Think I may have to ditch my tuning box. My car refuses to accept any map setting on 4 and now I've been advised by DTUK to drop to map 3 and try variables of that which I'm guessing aren't as powerful. I'm getting the glow plug warning light constantly now which puts the car into an emergency mode with no power. And now I've got a exhaust inspection system light which won't go out and came on with the glow plug system light earlier today on the motorway.

Also I've got this "pulsing" feeling when trying to cruise on the motorway at 60-65. It's like the box is turning on and off very quickly and can't make up its mind. I've just been told that I'm in too higher gear (6) which is what's causing it and I should be cruising in 5th gear at that speed. The problem is that will then make me cruise at 2,000 revs (rather than 1600/1650) which will cause me to burn ALOT more fuel rather than be more economical.

It's a shame as some days it's great but I can't keep pulling over to turn the car on and off just to get power back in addition to not being able to cruise at 65 when I want to save fuel.

I removed the box earlier today and other than the still lit exhaust light which I will get read later this week hopefully, the car is running fine so it's definitely the box.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

I think they meant their box is triggering at that speed which is causing the 'pulsing' or surging feeling and the only way of stopping it is to have higher revs.

Getting the codes read on Sunday so hopefully find out exactly what's going on.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

No I've been told to run map 3 and so forth and see if that works.

I can't remember what the manual says as I can't find it but do you know if the lower the map the lower the power?

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

Think I may have to ditch my tuning box. My car refuses to accept any map setting on 4 and now I've been advised by DTUK to drop to map 3 and try variables of that which I'm guessing aren't as powerful. I'm getting the glow plug warning light constantly now which puts the car into an emergency mode with no power. And now I've got a exhaust inspection system light which won't go out and came on with the glow plug system light earlier today on the motorway.

Also I've got this "pulsing" feeling when trying to cruise on the motorway at 60-65. It's like the box is turning on and off very quickly and can't make up its mind. I've just been told that I'm in too higher gear (6) which is what's causing it and I should be cruising in 5th gear at that speed. The problem is that will then make me cruise at 2,000 revs (rather than 1600/1650) which will cause me to burn ALOT more fuel rather than be more economical.

It's a shame as some days it's great but I can't keep pulling over to turn the car on and off just to get power back in addition to not being able to cruise at 65 when I want to save fuel.

I removed the box earlier today and other than the still lit exhaust light which I will get read later this week hopefully, the car is running fine so it's definitely the box.

James I'm not sure who you've spoken to but we can certainly check the box for you, but it could well be an issue with the car as I know of several golfs and Audi 2.0 150/184s that have had problematic boost sensors.

As you know we have our own Skoda Octavia so if there's an issue with the kit them it should cause the same issues on our own car.

As no one else has mentioned any exhaust issues at all we need to know what that's all about, also not being funny here but from day one I did advise you not to run the box on anything higher than plus 1.. I'm not saying it's caused an issue but the kit has been used over and above my recommendations. But let's not forget that here to help you as much as I can, but as previously mentioned there may well be an underlying issue with the car that the box is highlighting.

Has this surging sensation just started? It's not been there from day one?

I honestly think it sounds like a boost sensor issue that has been reported in the past, yes it's a brand new engine and it should be right but there could well be an issue with a batch of sensors.

For the record VAG have listed a revised turbo for the new S3s throughout Europe as the compressor wheels are failing!!!

Early adoptees are always the ones that have the head scratching moments, but touch wood both our octavia and s3 have been superb.

So as per my pm let's find out what your fault codes are, and well lol at testing the box for you as if it's a box issue it's going to take a wobbler on our car too. Either way I'll work with you as much as I can to get this sorted for you.

Thanks got your PM. It was a youngish sounding chap from DTUK. I called the number at the top of your website.

I'm getting the codes read on Sunday so will get back to you then. The problem I see though is that the faults are only logged when the box is fitted. If running the car standard I'm not getting any which essentially tells me if there is a 'fault' with any part of the car then it doesn't affect the drive if the car is standard so not technically a fault if you get what I mean?

The exhaust is a new one though and it is the first time that error has come up but came up exactly the same time as the usual coil one lit up.

I read your recommendation on here but as I've said previously, the manuals you distribute in the packaging say the opposite and actually say to increase the setting if the car is ok with it which is what I, and others, have done and on the first sign of a problem reduced it. If there was a warning inside saying do not go above a certain setting then there is no way I would have.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

Thanks got your PM. It was a youngish sounding chap from DTUK. I called the number at the top of your website.

I'm getting the codes read on Sunday so will get back to you then. The problem I see though is that the faults are only logged when the box is fitted. If running the car standard I'm not getting any which essentially tells me if there is a 'fault' with any part of the car then it doesn't affect the drive if the car is standard so not technically a fault if you get what I mean?

The exhaust is a new one though and it is the first time that error has come up but came up exactly the same time as the usual coil one lit up.

I read your recommendation on here but as I've said previously, the manuals you distribute in the packaging say the opposite and actually say to increase the setting if the car is ok with it which is what I, and others, have done and on the first sign of a problem reduced it. If there was a warning inside saying do not go above a certain setting then there is no way I would have.

It does actually say not to adjust it until you contact ourselves, and I did mention a couple of times about settings on here, but hey I'm not pointing fingers :) and I'm used to customers not listening to me, and to be fair Steves car has ran on higher than recommend settings for a while without issue.. As we're dealing with mass produced items as we can give are auggestions and guidelines as I'm often proven wrong where settings etc are concerned :)

Any update on this? Mine has failed on me about 6 times on me under hard acceleration on 4+1 now and I am also now starting to think about reducing the setting....

I'm running with the box off for now and all is well (no more faults). We are just trying to narrow down what it could be.

FYI: I had the codes read last weekend and yesterday and I am getting the following with the coil light coming on (last week and this week)

4795 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)

P0101 00 [096] - Implausible Signal

Intermittent

4817 - Leak in Air Intake System

P2279 00 [096] - -

Intermittent

5169 - Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31)

P0238 00 [032] - Signal too High

Intermittent

And this week when the exhaust light came on aswell there was the codes above and an additional one:

5244 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)

P0193 00 [032] - Short to Plus

Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 1

Mileage: 8061 km

Date: 2014.07.17

Time: 16:45:54

I'm not sure as I was never able to run them on the road or the dyno in the past..

We do plan on taking the car back again to the dyno over the coming weeks

Any news ? would like to see what we can expect from the 4+2 and 4+3 maps ! 

Any news ? would like to see what we can expect from the 4+2 and 4+3 maps !

The fact that Andrew's car will not run on anything over 4+1 is well documented, so he we won't be able to give you this information...

Do you have marters in your neighbourhood?

That could be the cause of the short to plus and the leak in your air intake.

Problems can always be caused by something that has nothing to do with the box.