We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

Just looked at this thread.  Haven't had chance to read it all but really interested.  Would love to know if people have ran this on their VRS manual diesel for a while? I am looking at both economy and the extra BHP. Thanks.

Andrew, what sort of power does 1-2 give you on the new tuning box for the Vrs 184, I can't seem to run any of the plus 1 maps

So it looks like we have 2 options for the vRS 184 engine:-

CRD2+ 230ps 470nm

CRD-T 240ps 500nm

My question would be is the CRD-T worth the extra £50?

I realise it has more control by connecting to the boost but is this what most people are going for?

The quoted performance figures don't show a great difference but that may not tell the whole story.

Which is easier to fit and quickly remove - 3 plugs v 1 plug etc?

Also, do both boxes still require a connection to the battery?

Just want to get it straight in my head which is best before I part with my hard earned dosh!

Also, do both boxes still require a connection to the battery?

The more powerful box has 2 wires with 2 plugs at the end of each - a male and female. It takes no more than 5 minutes to fit and no connection to the battery.

• Like 1

So it looks like we have 2 options for the vRS 184 engine:-

CRD2+ 230ps 470nm

CRD-T 240ps 500nm

My question would be is the CRD-T worth the extra £50?

I realise it has more control by connecting to the boost but is this what most people are going for?

The quoted performance figures don't show a great difference but that may not tell the whole story.

Also, do both boxes still require a connection to the battery?

Just want to get it straight in my head which is best before I part with my hard earned dosh!

Hi i got the new CRD-T (Trevor) and very pleased with and over the period of use (say 3 years on this Car) well worth it 

Cheers

• Like 1

I've been considering the CRDT for a while, but haven't gotten any answer on whether the DSG will handle it or if it will lower the torque.  I was speaking to another dealer in Sweden selling DTE boxes with the config 225PS/450NM and claims this will work with the DSG, so I'm leaning towards ordering from them. It has 3 places it mounts to the engine, like the CRDT.

Anyone with a DSG and CRDT box from DTUK who can shed some light on this matter? Will the DSG automatically protect itself by lowering the torque or will it run with 500nm?

The more powerful box has 2 wires with 2 plugs at the end of each - a male and female. It takes no more than 5 minutes to fit and no connection to the battery.

Hi i got the new CRD-T (Trevor) and very pleased with and over the period of use (say 3 years on this Car) well worth it 

Cheers

Thanks for the replies. Trevor has been ordered  :clap:

Trevor arrived today. Very quick delivery!!

But I want to make sure these are the correct sensors to connect into:-

20141004_172916.jpg

20141004_172900.jpg

If these are correct, I am having trouble removing the rail sensor as I cannot find any clip to release it?

Anyone any ideas?

The clip is on the other side of the plug, give it a squeeze

Tried squeezing from the other side i.e the underside as viewed from the photo but it still wont pull off!

So I've tried squeezing my rather large hand and fingers underneath that connector closest to the rail and press up as hard as possible whilst pulling the connector with other hand and it still wont budge. Tried clipping Trevor connectors together and they are very tight to come apart also. Cannot see how I can get the purchase on it from underneath to get them apart. Engine is still a little warm - Could this make any difference?