We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

Why would you do this? It's like buying a DVD player without a TV, totally pointless. Unless of course the delivery time on a box is really sloooow.

“Judging a person doesn’t define who they are, it defines who you are.”

There are only two kinds of people in the world: fans and haters.

No true fan would ever express a criticism of these devices; conversely no hater could ever seek to engage in a good-faith debate about them either.

As for ordering it now, really? Why should any of you be concerned? I was merely expressing my confidence in DTUK's product.

No true fan would ever express a criticism of these devices; conversely no hater could ever seek to engage in a good-faith debate about them either.

As for ordering it now, really? Why should any of you be concerned? I was merely expressing my confidence in DTUK's product.

I'm sorry but what a complete load of tripe. 

I have one of these boxes, and so do a couple of the others above, who dispite the problems we've had with the boxes we (most I think) still love them. This has nothing to do with being a fanboy or hater. It was simply pointing out it is a very strange thing to do.

A sceptical person may wonder why someone would register on this forum for the sole purpose of saying how great the box is when they haven't even fitted it to a car and they won't even get that car for another 4 months. Especially as Andrew has even said he's seen great differences in the tollerances of these engines.....you may be endorsing a product you won't be able to run.

• Like 1

Wow.  Deep indeed.  

Most intelligent people are rarely so black and white as to be purely a fan or hater of anything.  People are complex and most are capable of seeing shades of grey where they will like some aspects of things but not others, rarely is something all good or all bad.   Except of course where there is an interest in promoting something that way for marketing purposes or to try to discredit others. 

Either way, the accountant in me says that taking a few hundred quid from an account to have a product sitting completely unusable on the side for 3/4 months makes no sense whatsoever and I stick by that.  But, as above, each to their own.  

I'm now looking in the mirror, wondering if I am a fan or a hater?

Does that mean I'm a fan or hater full stop? or can I segment all things in my life into being a fan or hater of?

If it's the latter it's going to take me a very long time to work through this :(

So back on topic still loving my box on 1 +1. Thought I could feel a slight erratic pull this morning with the car fully loaded with 5 adults but nothing major.

Also I was one of the lucky winners of the Pedal Boxes through the DTUK competition, so will be keen to try that out this weekend  :happy:

• Like 1

Also I was one of the lucky winners of the Pedal Boxes through the DTUK competition, so will be keen to try that out this weekend :happy:

Completely forgot about that competition and keep meaning to call Andrew about testing one out....I'm not jealous at all....really....

• Like 1

if you bought your box before the 15th of september feel free to send your kit back upto us and ill reflash it with the new map

Hi Have posted today for reflash map 1. Thanks Mark

I never saw any graphs, but it looks to me like map 1 and 2 pull very strongly from the start (too strong to just floor it) but in higher gears dont make much difference and still give large turbo lack.

I cannot say that is my experience on Map 1 +1. Yes 1st gear is difficult to get the power down and 2nd needs a bit of caution to stop the TCS flickering, but 5th and 6th are like night and day compared to standard IMHO

Hi 

Will be interested to see how you find Map 1 Mark - Let us know how you get on.

hi

just refiited after re flash of map 1 and 10k service and 1 +1 so will advise on it compares with 3 +1

cheers

• Like 1

In what speeds?

6th now pulls strong from 50-60mph whereas before the tuning box I would tend to have to drop down to 5th when the car was full with 5 adults sitting behind something slow moving on the motorway and on a slight incline.

Also the pedal box may be helping.

Slight side note DTUK have got a black monday £80 off offer, promo code BLK80

Or use code BRI80 at any time for £80 off for forum members... besides, it's not Monday.  It's definitely black outside, but I'm pretty sure it's not Monday.

• Like 1

I have been running both Crdt and pedal boxes on mine for a year now with mixed results. Has anyone else noticed an electronic alternator whine through speakers when they have fitted the pedal box? This happens whether the radio is on or not...This is common to bad earthing on car audio systems, but can't see why this should effect this application.

I cannot say that is my experience on Map 1 +1. Yes 1st gear is difficult to get the power down and 2nd needs a bit of caution to stop the TCS flickering, but 5th and 6th are like night and day compared to standard IMHO

I have 150PS engine so I am not sure if the power curves are even the same for different engines..

• 2 weeks later...