Has anybody got anything good to say about the mk3?

Love mine, covered just over 4000 miles so far and find it;

Very comfortable

Rattle free

Loads of room

Economical (tdi)

No oil usage to report (I had a Mk II Fabia VRS :) )

I have no issue with the position of the handbrake, in fact I prefer it to be offset the way it is

The heated screen is great apart from the stone chip I've picked up but that is hardly Skoda's fault

Car arrived ahead of schedule after ordering soon after the books opened for the VRS in July, complete with ACC

ACC is interesting, and gave a false positive as crisp packet blew across the road, but thats technology for you

Not expensive in comparison to other cars available offering a similar package in my opinion, and certainly not with the internal space I wanted/need.

Couple of disappointments such as no rear mud flaps (its a VRS they don't fit apparently :think: ) and the n/s headlamp washer does not quite fully retract after use. And yes the fuel tank is a little small, but I can still do 450+ miles between refills which is 50% more than I could reasonably get out of the Fabia.

Other than that I can't really think of any other disappointments

I'm well pleased with my mk3 VRS estate DSG. Covered over 2 miles now with no problems!

Love driving it, feels like a great car and I've had plenty of other brands (ford/VW/BMW/Mazda etc).

One of my favourite points is unlocking it at night when the lights come on!! People stare at it as it looks so good in my humble opinion!!!

Very practical motor, plenty of poke and great family car!!! ????

• Like 1

Easily the best car I have had so far and the first auto.  The added technology just makes driving the car easy and enjoyable.

I have a car that once I engage the ACC, have the auto lights switched on, wipers to 1 and the headlights set to auto all I have to do is steer and apply the breaks where and when the ACC does not.

I get 32 as average around town. Get a steady 37-38 on long runs at 75/80. Chuffed really considering the oooomph

So how many miles do you get before you fill up?

I am worried that I would end filling up twice in one day if I was doing one of my 350 miles or so trip which I do not have to do in either of the mark two VRSs.

Can the Mark 3 be vented some how to get another 5 litres or so in the tank? 

Like most iterations of a vehicle the new car overall will be a better car than what came previously, I love my MK2 but have to be honest if I could justify the cost of swapping it for a MK3 now I most likely would.

Also ive been a bit pedantic about little things not being quite right with my MK2, but nothing I couldnt just live with if I had to, out of all the VAG cars ive had in recent years to date its been the best and most reliable of the bunch. You have to expect some minor issues buying a model that is so new and is a risk of early adoption.

I had an early MK6 Golf which was replaced some years down the line by a car 12 months newer and the later car felt so much better bolted together it was unreal. Build integrity of the O3 will improve as time goes on for sure.

Edited by pipsyp

Moaning about the cost of windscreen wipers is hardly a criticism of the car, I'm sure that if I'd bought a Golf they'd cost a lot more.

I like my Octavia III and it's always getting compliments. It's an attractive car and has a lot of creature comforts without being flashy or vulgar. 

In short, my TSI DSG VRS estate is awesome!

Extremely practical, good noise insulation, quite powerful but easy to drive, extremely high tech if you go crazy on the options like I did. It can cruise easily and happily at speed with ACC, it can park itself extremely well in town, the estate's panoramic sunroof is extremely nice. Oh and the boot is extremely large, in fact larger than most cars in the upper segments.

PS: Did I use enough "extremely" to convey my point? :P

• Like 1

My Mk 3 Octavia Elegance is brilliant. One of the best cars I've owned for what it does. The other week I did go and look at the latest Golf, just out of interest, and for all the praise it has had heaped on it by the motoring press I thought the interior was nowhere near as good as the Octavia - all for thousands more....

Fuel economy better than I'd hoped for and on a par with the Toyota Yaris 1.4 D that preceded it which was a pleasant surprise, ride on the torsion beam suspension very good and having driven the Audi A3 sportback with the 184 bhp diesel and multi link suspension couldn't really tell much improvement over the Octavia. Refinement wasn't much better either. Yes the interior fit and appointment is in a class above though. Can't think of a better car for the money or near it, the nearest better car is probably the BMW 320D.

Edited by Timoctav

I have the tdi DSG estate and it is the best car I have ever owned.

Agree with one of the earlier posts. It is a car that I want to take for a drive just for the fun of it!

I love the low down grunt and the smooth dsg combination. Same road tax as my old Roomster - just mad.

What MPGs are people getting from the petrols?

With the 4x4 I only get 20 mpg (12 l/100km) in town and 35 mpg (7 l/100km) on motorway. Only 1500 km driven. Heavy right foot and completely oblivious attitude towards consumption due to exhilarating acceleration and beemer eating stoplight performance (especially in wet/snow conditions). Must refuel twice as often as in previous Mondeo TDCI, but 4 times the fun!

• Like 1

I'm getting around 400km range from my TSI DSG VRS in the worst possible combo (city driving, slow traffic, lots of traffic lights and short trips - <4km). I have very little mileage so far though (750km), so it will improve but not by much. I still love the car though! :)

Like most iterations of a vehicle the new car overall will be a better car than what came previously, I love my MK2 but have to be honest if I could justify the cost of swapping it for a MK3 now I most likely would.

Also ive been a bit pedantic about little things not being quite right with my MK2, but nothing I couldnt just live with if I had to, out of all the VAG cars ive had in recent years to date its been the best and most reliable of the bunch. You have to expect some minor issues buying a model that is so new and is a risk of early adoption.

I totally agree with you.

The problem with the car is that it is a big expenditure and people expect for this to get something flawless. I mean, if my Samsung/iphone is slow or crashes or smth else is wrong (which happens), I wouldn't care that much, cuz it does not spoil the family budget as the car does :) 

That is to say, the new model is more expensive than the old one and it is justified - more equipment, safety, space, refinement and performance for your money. However they have skipped on some details - for example the door protectors and the netting system for the boot were standard on my mk2 Elegance. Now they are not and I will have to pay extra for accessories on top of the higher price of the new model.

And don't let them fool you, VAG group is making profits on this, as the average costs savings on Mk3 compared to Mk2 due to the new MQB platform is 17% (this has been disclosed to me by a Manager at a Skoda dealer).

Bottom line, the producer is gaining more than we are with the new model due to cost savings combined with higher price (compared to the old model). Not that this has stopped me from ordering... :)

More than happy with mine, yes I have moaned about noisy wipers, but dealership has changed blades, & adjusted arm, that aside car is awesome & I am very happy & proud of it!!

I was told there are sailings from Emden most days (they can fill them as they are filled with cars from all Volkswagen Group manufacturers). So by rights, once a car is in Emden, it shouldnt take long at all. Just depends how long SUK want to keep the car sitting in the docks.

I just love mine to bits, best car ever!

Never mind the fact that the power delivery is so smooth and suspension so good that I just know that unless I'm ultra careful I'm going to get a speeding ticket or flashed by a camera.

I was on the A3 earlier and I was stunned to see it doing nearly 85, when it only felt like 60-70 mph. :blush:

One one minor gripe and that's a common one with the headlight washer not seating back properly, other than that it's one hell of a car! 

blue_big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-r4861b

• Like 4

TheWanderer,

Whilst testing the 1.6TDI, I noticed how easy it wasto go fast. You just never realised you were going that fast. Certainly better than my current car in that respect, and thats a petrol!! It is nearly 8yrs old though.

I've had my Mk 3 vRS Estate for just over three weeks and in that time I've done 2,400 miles. The car is phenomenal, I've got the DSG gearbox which is brilliant. The only problem I have is that it gets dirty too quickly.

• Like 3

Had my vRS (dirty) Diesel estate for a whole week now and the only problem I have found so far is that everyone wants to sit in it and look at it becuase it is awesome to look at. It drives like a dream and really is not that bad with fuel consumption (just driven from the UK to Germany on 1 tank - 550 miles)

Really glad I went for the vRS and Skoda, they have done a great job

:rock:

Oh and it goes like **** off a shovel

Yep,love everything about my vrs tsi estate, almost 3k on her now and goes like a dream. I've driven a lot of motors and drive audis in work, this is the best car I have owned and thoroughly enjoy driving it. It's one of those cars I just want to go out and drive for the sake of it

Totally agree!!

I am relatively new to posting on this sight, and am probably going to be slated for posting this. However here goes.

I have noticed that in the past few weeks this sight has turned into a moaning forum to debate every tiny snag or annoyance, such as whats that squeek, my windscreen has glare, wipers cost money,etc etc.

Trouble is most of the people on here who are moaning and criticising the car have never even sat in one, there's a hell of alot of 'web warriors' on here....