Little Niggles

As much as I'm loving the vRS there's a couple of little niggles that I've noticed over the last few weeks, I've spoken to the dealer who assures me they'll get fixed as soon as I can spare the car.

Just interested to see if anyone else has any minor (ie not octavias bursting into flames ;) ) issues?

Mine, so far

• Headlight washers sticking out - seems to be getting better with use
  • GPS "shark fin" on squint - picky I know but it annoys me every time I go into the boot

Just a couple of minor niggles, one I posted last week regarding the Bolero having a mind of its own, now the drivers side window will not go up without the anti-jam kicking in and leaving the window open by 4inch, therefore have to play with it manually for it to close, and this morning the steering wheel buttons refused to work! The car is booked in to the dealers on Friday to 'run diagnostics' hopefully nothing too major. Had an FL vRS before this one and it didn't have a single problem in our custody, so I'm a little disappointed with this one so far because of the niggles - but I'm not loosing faith just yet, I have confidence in the dealer and I'm sure he'll get it fixed :wonder:   

[quote name="gullyg" post="3524299" timestamp="1385512072"

Mine, so far

• Headlight washers sticking out - seems to be getting better with use
  • GPS "shark fin" on squint - picky I know but it annoys me every time I go into the boot

Fingers crossed no problem with headlight washer jet covers, but I also noticed early on that the shark fin is slightly off square. Don't bother looking now but someone at the factory should have gone to Specsavers!!

Just a couple of minor niggles, one I posted last week regarding the Bolero having a mind of its own, now the drivers side window will not go up without the anti-jam kicking in and leaving the window open by 4inch, therefore have to play with it manually for it to close, and this morning the steering wheel buttons refused to work! The car is booked in to the dealers on Friday to 'run diagnostics' hopefully nothing too major. Had an FL vRS before this one and it didn't have a single problem in our custody, so I'm a little disappointed with this one so far because of the niggles - but I'm not loosing faith just yet, I have confidence in the dealer and I'm sure he'll get it fixed :wonder:   

Reset the windows?

I think you open the window and hold the window button until you hear the window click, then you close the window and hold the button until you hear the window click.

Fingers crossed no problem with headlight washer jet covers, but I also noticed early on that the shark fin is slightly off square. Don't bother looking now but someone at the factory should have gone to Specsavers!!

Sharkfin on my MK2 is slightly off centre too; i suspect its just how they are.

I think you open the window and hold the window button until you hear the window click, then you close the window and hold the button until you hear the window click.

Page 47 in the manual.

Thanks/tacker, I have now read page 47 and carried out the suggested solutions and I either have the window that will close but the one touch operation doesn't work, or it reverts back to the one touch op, but the anti-jam kicks in again. Now I'm not convinced I've got the procedure correct, but have been trying for the past fifteen minutes and still no joy, cheers for the help/tips, I'll leave it now for the dealer to sort out.

Someone mentioned ocd earlier.

Sorry but that isn't acceptable on a £24, 000+ car.

If I fit a radiator that cost only £41.00, my customer will expect it to be perfectly level and in the exact position that it should be.

If my sharkfin is off centre, it's going back. Simple as that.

Wonder if this is a common niggle.

Someone mentioned ocd earlier.

Sorry but that isn't acceptable on a £24, 000+ car.

If I fit a radiator that cost only £41.00, my customer will expect it to be perfectly level and in the exact position that it should be.

If my sharkfin is off centre, it's going back. Simple as that.

Wonder if this is a common niggle.

Two sides to the coin. Bear in mind that the dealer will have to pull apart a fair amount of trim and drop the roof lining to slacken it off and reposition it. Personally id rather put up with it being slightly off centre that having the car pulled apart for something that is respectfully quite trivial and common but its a personal decision.

• Like 1

the fin is off center to assist with high speed cornering... it points left on right hand drive cars and right on left hand drive cars....

honest.... just check the technical update on www.skoda/nowayisthatcorrectbutiwillcheck/01/04/2013.com    :think:  :giggle:

Edited by Wasp27
  • Like 1

Agree with pipsyp, not worth pulling things apart. Only very slightly offset & you can only tell when standing directly behind it.

Trivial so just get on with life & enjoy the car.

Got it booked in with dealers on the 9th Dec, next date they had a courtesy car.

Not looked at the shark fin - With my OCD, I'll have to get it fixed, but don't want it tearing apart.. So I'm simply not going to look at it.

I have had my Mkiii estate diesel for just over a week now and i have two minor niggles:

1 - Headlight washer covers don't fully retract (very common on these forums)

2 - My front passenger door doesn't always open and i had a warning light come on the dash yesterday saying 

something like "check door lock" or "check door deadlock".

Anybody had the No 2 issue? or know what it might be?

Thanks.

Keith

2 - My front passenger door doesn't always open and i had a warning light come on the dash yesterday saying

something like "check door lock" or "check door deadlock".

It wasn't "check safe locking" was it? That's normal and comes on every time you take the key out of the ignition.

• Like 1

It wasn't "check safe locking" was it? That's normal and comes on every time you take the key out of the ignition.

Yes i think thats what it was. Defo doesn't come on every time i turn the ignition off or take the key out?. Very strange.