Enabling cornering fogs with VCDS - updated for vRS

1 minute ago, Badlammy said:

Hi, anyone succesfully activated the cornering fogs for MY18 RS245? I followed the steps but still could not.

When you're testing it, make sure your light switch is on 'Auto' and it is nighttime.

Sounds daft, but it caught me out when I activated on another member's car

On 10/12/2018 at 06:53, vfrguy said:

Hi

I did it on my MY17 VRS 245, using OBDEleven PRO

The link to the thread with the OBDEleven screenshots is here,

The steps in the obdeleven do not work as well. In fact, it caused light error on fog light.

Please from doing on a MY18 RS245, not sure about other rides. 

Hi

Is your car LHD or RHD?

The screenshots are for a LHD (I think), I had to alter them a little for my RHD VRS

If yours is RHD, I can send you the screenshots

4 hours ago, vfrguy said:

Hi

Is your car LHD or RHD?

The screenshots are for a LHD (I think), I had to alter them a little for my RHD VRS

If yours is RHD, I can send you the screenshots

Mine's a RHD...THANKS!

Hi

OK here are the OBDEleven screenshots from what works on my RHD MY17 VRS245.

I have also posted my notes from when I coded my car, it works on mine, good luck!

Central Electrics-Adaptions

Leuchte 2SL VLB10 Changed Lichtfunktion B2 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelicht Rechts’ (same side as A2)

Leuchte 3SL VRB21 Changed Lichtfunktion  B3 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Rechts (same side as A3)

Leuchte 4TFL LB4 Changed Lichtfunktion  B4 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Links (same side as A4)

Leuchte 5TFL RB32 Changed Lichtfunktion  B5 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Links (same side as A5)

‘Static AFS Light’

Changed ‘Abdimmgeschwindgkeit from 0 to 50%/S

Changed ‘Maximaltemperatur’ from 0 to 100 C

Changed ‘Obere Grenztemperatur’ from 0 to 95 C

Changed ‘Untere Grenztemperatur’ from 0 to 80 C

Also changed ‘Obere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle’ from 40 KPH to 80 KPH (top speed at which cornering fogs work)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

25 minutes ago, vfrguy said:

Hi

OK here are the OBDEleven screenshots from what works on my RHD MY17 VRS245.

I have also posted my notes from when I coded my car, it works on mine, good luck!

Central Electrics-Adaptions

Leuchte 2SL VLB10 Changed Lichtfunktion B2 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelicht Rechts’ (same side as A2)

Leuchte 3SL VRB21 Changed Lichtfunktion  B3 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Rechts (same side as A3)

Leuchte 4TFL LB4 Changed Lichtfunktion  B4 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Links (same side as A4)

Leuchte 5TFL RB32 Changed Lichtfunktion  B5 from nicht active to ‘Abbiegelichct Links (same side as A5)

‘Static AFS Light’

Changed ‘Abdimmgeschwindgkeit from 0 to 50%/S

Changed ‘Maximaltemperatur’ from 0 to 100 C

Changed ‘Obere Grenztemperatur’ from 0 to 95 C

Changed ‘Untere Grenztemperatur’ from 0 to 80 C

Also changed ‘Obere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle’ from 40 KPH to 80 KPH (top speed at which cornering fogs work)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks. Will give it another shot when I have the time and update back.

By the way, the notes do not quite tally with your screenshots, but I get the principle of what you are doing.

Hi

You are absolutely right! I should stop writing these things late at night! 

The screenshots have just been taken off my car, so I hope they will work for you.

Good luck again!

8 hours ago, vfrguy said:

Hi

You are absolutely right! I should stop writing these things late at night! 

The screenshots have just been taken off my car, so I hope they will work for you.

Good luck again!

I tried according to your latest screenshots...

And it works! Thanks a bunch. 

Hi

Pleased it worked for you, I knew we get there in the end!

I think the first set of screenshots are for a LHD car, because I got the foglight alarms after I used them, but I managed to work it out.

Cheers

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Could anyone help me to activate my cornering for lights? I have tried the usual way which I did my previous Octavias (2013,2016 and 2016) but it didn't work. Coding was accepted though Via OBD11. 

BTW, Car is Octavia 2017 1.4TSI 150BHP with split headlights (LED Head light and tail light)

Also I want to activate both of the rear fog lights and turn light (when boot lid is open).

thank you in advance. 

• 1 year later...

Skoda Octacia III RS 2019 model 2020, I wanted coding the cornering but no succes. I did all combinations, which I know (and did before on other cars  up to 2017 2018...), and which are here showed too, including RS modifications, including the temperatures 100 95 90 etc, but these lights still not works. The car have full led lights with led fogs + virtual cockpit. Looks that this unit needs something new coding...