Set to Permanent

11632050455_5237618f3f_z.jpg

Select (14) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschließen

Set to Active

11632293853_94ae671d75_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Useful feature? Who leaves the car with the windows open and when your driving with your arm out the window do you want the car shutting the windows on its own? When would you use it really?

Useful feature? Who leaves the car with the windows open and when your driving with your arm out the window do you want the car shutting the windows on its own? When would you use it really?

It only works when the car isn't running, it's there in case you forget to close them.

it's there in case you forget to close them.

I'd be more worried about undesirables getting into my car than the interior getting wet due to rain...

I'd be more worried about undesirables getting into my car than the interior getting wet due to rain...

True, though i never even open my windows while driving, never mind parked :D

Very useful if the panoroof will close if raining.

• Like 1

I find it a very useful feature as we have a secure car park at work, so in the day if it is sunny I can leave all 4 windows down an inch, lock the car and have the alarm enabled still and if it does happen to start raining the windows will close.

Saves coming back out of work to a car that is like an oven to get in to!

we have a secure car park at work

Secure car parks are only as secure as the people you let into them.  Do you really trust all of the other people who use that car park?  Or put another way - would you leave your wallet on your desk at work whilst you wander off?

Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate - not having a go at you or anyone else.  It's just I never leave my windows open when I leave the car unattended... anything that gives an insurance company any sort of wiggle room is a bad idea in my experience.

Secure car parks are only as secure as the people you let into them.  Do you really trust all of the other people who use that car park?  Or put another way - would you leave your wallet on your desk at work whilst you wander off?

Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate - not having a go at you or anyone else.  It's just I never leave my windows open when I leave the car unattended... anything that gives an insurance company any sort of wiggle room is a bad idea in my experience.

The armed guards and killer attack dogs would get them first. :)

I only leave the windows down an inch at most, the alarm and immobiliser are still set and the deadlocks are on. So, if anyone stuck their hand through the very small gap it would trigger the alarm. Not much different to the window being smashed and the alarm being triggered.

If you don't want to do it, then don't, it is a personal choice, and I choose to.

I have a secured carpark at work. At the end of the day there isn't much in the car to nick anyway. We just leave my wife's mx5 with the top down in the summer, pretty much wherever we park. Beats someone slashing the £400 roof to get into it.

• Like 1

VCDS Beta 14.6.0 can now code the RLFS on the MQB platform.

You need to code it to 06885D.

Works fine - tested after 5 or so minutes, locked with windows fully down.