Metal Grey?

Hi Dex, my build week was 11, week beginning Monday 12 March.

It's been around 2.5 weeks delivery and will be three days to sort out the registration, paperwork and money transfer before I can collect it.

Congrats....

Mine seems that will be delivered in september sometime.

And I orderd just 2 weeks after you did.... :)

So... keep calm and wait for your skoda!  :wall:

Looking at the bright side, at least I will know how my colour looks like. :giggle: 

Edited by cip

Sorry to here that CIP, hopefully you get some news soon.

I have a feeling my good order time was because the garage had a number of pre-orders already in the system.

You couldnt walk in the showroom or the inside parking area last night as it was crammed full of newly delivered cars..

I went in yesterday to sign the new registration paperwork but unfortunately the workshop & PDI area was already closed & locked so I couldn't see the new car... :(
I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait until Thursday when I pick it up...

Hi Gabbo, please add some pictures to this thread so that we can see the Octy in Metal Grey.

Regards

Edited by Joe3

For sure.... I'll add as many pictures as I can tonight from the dealer when I collect it..

They have a very nice white lit delivery room so I'm not sure how this will affect the colours but we will be taking her for a nice trip into the mountains this weekend so will also try to get some nice scenic shots in the natural sunlight..

Very excited now...

Here she finally is... Collected it last night & very very happy.

I'm very glad I chose this colour, its a bit more understated that the Blue or Black.

In the metal it looks exactly like the Audi or Passat grey (I guess it should because its the same paint code).

Its not at all blue or green looking like the Superb pictures of the metallic grey.

Appologies I didn't have much time to take some nice pictures but I'll take some more at the weekend in the mountains & upload them to Flickr or Google.

post-113376-0-66949200-1396595361_thumb.jpg

post-113376-0-14987700-1396595363_thumb.jpg

post-113376-0-90315800-1396595381_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've been following this blog nervously in trepidation ever since I put my order in at the end of Jan for the Octavia Vrs estate in metal grey.

Thanks for posting Gabbo - I'm now over the moon with the colour choice. The colour does look very close to the the UK car configurator and in my opinion, it looks extremely smart, classy even! 

And here are some other shots taken in a different light at the dealers just before collection.

Gabbo,

That is a Classy looking motor, in my opinion.

Enjoy!!

Yeah, I am very happy with the colour having done the same as you Jon and ordering without seeing one in the metal.

And after 350km so far I am absolutely loving the car in general.

Build quality is good, ride is smooth & comfortable & I've really happy with the options I took, particularly ACC and the Columbus nav.

(Im glad I waited for the ACC because the controls on a separate stick are a real big plus for me over the standard cruise).

I'll post a few more pictures after the weekend, I'm hoping for some nice sunshine.

• Like 1

Nice. I'm picking up an SE TDI estate in metal grey early next week. I too was nervous about the colour until I saw the photos. This is my first Skoda and I can't wait.

Edited by Dan25730

I ordered my Metal Grey Estate TSI140 w ACC, Xenon, Electric Boot, etc (More or less everything except the NAV -Already have stand alone) mid March - and was told that the expected production date was about 6 months  away - resulting in delivery to me in Sweden around mid October. To say that I was somewhat disappointed is an understatement...

Today I got a real surprise when the leasing company mailed a note that they've got a preliminary delivery date around the first week of June! Curious, I phoned the dealer, who informed me that they had got a preliminary Build Week from the factory of Week18 - that is end of April/ beginning of May. According to the dealer the BW is locked around two weeks before actual production, so in about two weeks time I COULD get a firm confirmation!

I'm delighted - but somewhat apprehensive still.  :happy:

Anyone else have had their Production Date brought forward that much?

Thanks Gabbo for the posting the photos. I have long been waiting to see the VRS in Metal Grey and your photos have confirmed my choice of colour was the right one.

I am waiting on a hatch with black pack and anthracite wheels so really excited to see what this combination will look like.

Enjoy your new car. Very jealous!

• Like 1

Vejbyj, I think the production is starting to get back to normal levels now.

I was original told my collection date would be June but was brought forward to March build.

It seems to be happening for some people but others who ordered last year are still waiting for theirs.

There doesn't seem to be any logic in it....

And here are some other shots taken in a different light at the dealers just before collection.

Hi Gabbo,

Happy driving Mate, what a great car! Just like many others I have also ordered without knowing what Metal Grey looked like, but it seems like we have all picked the right colour!

Please post some of your photos on the "Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!" thread to ensure the Metal Grey owners (and soon to be owners!) are the envy of all readers on this forum!

How on earth, did you make the days go by waiting on your car, as I also still have a long wait ahead?! I started with a build week 16 when ordered, but are currently on build week 20 (early May)! I definitely feel like a small boy waiting to get a new toy.

Enjoy your drive this weekend and we are looking forward to the photo's in the sun!

My current car is a Graphite Blue Golf MK VI - which I really like, and from the your photos, it looks like the Graphite Blue is very similar to the Metal Grey, which is what I hoped for!  All good then, just need the new car to be build and delivered!

I ordered my Metal Grey Estate TSI140 w ACC, Xenon, Electric Boot, etc (More or less everything except the NAV -Already have stand alone) mid March - and was told that the expected production date was about 6 months  away - resulting in delivery to me in Sweden around mid October. To say that I was somewhat disappointed is an understatement...

Today I got a real surprise when the leasing company mailed a note that they've got a preliminary delivery date around the first week of June! Curious, I phoned the dealer, who informed me that they had got a preliminary Build Week from the factory of Week18 - that is end of April/ beginning of May. According to the dealer the BW is locked around two weeks before actual production, so in about two weeks time I COULD get a firm confirmation!

I'm delighted - but somewhat apprehensive still.  :happy:

Anyone else have had their Production Date brought forward that much?

Vejbej,

I ordered on 3 March and I was quoted a build week 16, two weeks after paling my order! I did take this as a very optimistic quyote from the dealer and thought I will just see what happens without getting to excited, as others on the forum are quoted 26 weeks for delivery of a VRS now! My build week has now been moved back to week 20 (early May), so in theory I am no closer to taking delivery of my car. A colleague of mine has ordered his VRS Late November 2013 and is one of those still without a build week - which sucks and I really feel for the man! He is now considering to cancel his order after 5 months as Skoda is not coming up with the good for him! I think during November and December of last year Skoda was inundated with orders and simply could not process and manage all the VRS orders. I get a feeling from reading some threads on the forum that Skoda might be catching up now, but I do not see new VRS's delivered to the dealers and that is not a good sign. All of this is making me stay open minded about the quoted delivery times, and therefore I will not get too excited until I am given a confirmed build week. We will just have to sit this one out and see what happens either by the end of May or then again it might be end of September! Who knows....?

Thanks for pics Gabbo, saved my day/week/few months :)

Ordered Metal Grey vRS end of January and finally can see some live pics from actual car.

THANKS!