Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

23 minutes ago, WayTooTall said:

That looks to be the set I bought. I went with the LED upgrade, but they didn't send the bulbs, so not sure how good they are or if they are worth the extra. 

Given that everyone seems to run them at quite low brightness anyway, no need to spend a lot on the bulbs. Think I run at 20% if that.

Ideal, thanks. Will get them ordered tonight. My 1 upgrade per month plan has disappeared in the rear view mirror tbh and I’m going mental without a radio still! Making me a bit delirious it is haha.

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

Same, mine are at 10% anything more is way too bright at night with LEDs!

This is the thing, not sure if I really want them as ambient lighting really, or if I just want them when the doors are opened. I’ll order 20 or so white LED’s so I’ve got plenty for this and some for the Citigo too and then get 4 purple ones for the footwells and see how I feel. If I like them, they can stay, if I don’t, they can be matched back to white :)

Couldn't stomach £40 for Bold Sport lights plus delivery so found a set on AliExpress for £14.50 and they come wrapped in cloth tape. Gives me extra in the budget to upgrade the bulbs to genuine VAG LED modules should I choose. As ever with AliExpress, dunno when they will get here, but saving £25 plus is worth the wait IMO. Ordered 20 white LED's to do the Octy and Citigo interior lights with leftover and ordered 4 purple ones for the footwell lights as £3.99 can't be sniffed at, if I don't like them, I have plenty of white ones to change them too. At least they will be here in a couple of days, so I can scratch the modding itch again :D

5 hours ago, Bigtow said:

Thanks for this great guide quick question I have had my kit turn up today it all looks to be genuine parts or very good quality copies but has come with two separate looms one long one short any ideas if I just use the short one for the passenger side and the long one for the drivers side also they are separate with a connector pin on each one and I am guessing that there is only one socket on the bcm plug so will have to cut and join the two together?

Wow, nearly 4 years since I did this retrofit!  I would say yes, combine the reds as there is only one pin in the bcm.  The browns go to earth. I replaced the Skoda with a Mazda 6 last year. And have just fitted the oem footwell lights to this car as well. I find the low ambient light more pleasant during the dark winter months. Good luck with the fit!

On 05/03/2018 at 15:05, Bigtow said:

Still in Adaptations

Go to

(4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30

Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘Footwell light’ from the dropdown menu

I can't find this setting anywhere I have even tried looking for the German translation of it I have followed everything else exactly but this is holding me back and they are still not working?

1 hour ago, Bigtow said:

I can't find this setting anywhere I have even tried looking for the German translation of it I have followed everything else exactly but this is holding me back and they are still not working?

Leuchte30FR is will be listed if you scroll through the list after going into Adaptations on the 09 controller. Then if you go into Leuchte30FR then you should have Lichtfunktion A 26 listed in there. That's where you need to change the setting.

1 minute ago, ahenners said:

Leuchte4 30FR is will be listed if you scroll through the list after going into Adaptations on the 09 controller. Then if you go into Leuchte30FR then you should have Lichtfunktion A 26 listed in there. That's where you need to change the setting.

Sorry just re read my post I have found the euchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 option what I can't find is the option to change it from Nicht aktiv to foot well light or even the German translation for it sorry for the confusion or will I find it in the section you mentioned?

1 minute ago, Bigtow said:

Sorry just re read my post I have found the euchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 option what I can't find is the option to change it from Nicht aktiv to foot well light or even the German translation for it sorry for the confusion or will I find it in the section you mentioned?

AHH apologies, the bold quote made it sound like you couldn't find the adaptation channel. Are you able to screenshot what you have under Lichtfunktion A 30?

The German translation should be fussraumlicht, do you not have this option when you go to change nicht aktiv?

43 minutes ago, ahenners said:

AHH apologies, the bold quote made it sound like you couldn't find the adaptation channel. Are you able to screenshot what you have under Lichtfunktion A 30?

The German translation should be fussraumlicht, do you not have this option when you go to change nicht aktiv?

I will go and see when I can just looking after my girlfriend at the moment as she's not well

Quick update been back out and double checked the wiring and coding and they are now working they don't seem as bright as I thought they would be but will check again when it's properly dark. Thank you for all your help you are all fantastic and

6 minutes ago, Bigtow said:

Quick update been back out and double checked the wiring and coding and they are now working they don't seem as bright as I thought they would be but will check again when it's properly dark. Thank you for all your help you are all fantastic and

Glad you managed to sort it. Are your bulbs Halogen or LED? Have you adjusted the brightness under the infotainment "light" settings?

12 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Glad you managed to sort it. Are your bulbs Halogen or LED? Have you adjusted the brightness under the infotainment "light" settings?

They are led. I have them set to full brightness on the infotainment unit at the moment but need to wait until its properly dark to see how they look

hmmmm still not impressed the interior lights in the roof console are brighter than the footwell lights and drown them out even when the door is open and they should be at full brightness. need to go back through the coding to see if I have set the value too low so any pointers as to where to look would be great  

7 hours ago, Bigtow said:

hmmmm still not impressed the interior lights in the roof console are brighter than the footwell lights and drown them out even when the door is open and they should be at full brightness. need to go back through the coding to see if I have set the value too low so any pointers as to where to look would be great  

Check the value under Dimmwert AB30 for Leuchte30FR LC72

• Thanks 1

On 05/03/2018 at 19:00, SashaGrace said:

Couldn't stomach £40 for Bold Sport lights plus delivery so found a set on AliExpress for £14.50 and they come wrapped in cloth tape. Gives me extra in the budget to upgrade the bulbs to genuine VAG LED modules should I choose. As ever with AliExpress, dunno when they will get here, but saving £25 plus is worth the wait IMO. Ordered 20 white LED's to do the Octy and Citigo interior lights with leftover and ordered 4 purple ones for the footwell lights as £3.99 can't be sniffed at, if I don't like them, I have plenty of white ones to change them too. At least they will be here in a couple of days, so I can scratch the modding itch again :D

Link for aliexpress ones? 

Ethan

• 2 months later...

This is an excellent guide, thanks a lot. I will give it a go at the weekend, already got the hardware from Boldsport. 

Can anyone say whether it is still pin 72 for the Facelift (manufactured October 2017), and that the coding is still the same?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by edition82

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

Done my retrofit today. I have a problem: the light are working, they turn on when i open and close my doors and when i unlock the car, when i turn on the headlight the footwell light are dimmed at the rate that i set in VCDS.

The infotaiment menu  has the footwell light option with the light percentage but when i click it it say "FUNZIONE ATTUALMENTE NON DISPONIBILE" in english is more or less "FUNCTION NOT DISPONIBLE AT THE MOMENT" any suggestion?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Scoptus said:

Hi Guys!

Done my retrofit today. I have a problem: the light are working, they turn on when i open and close my doors and when i unlock the car, when i turn on the headlight the footwell light are dimmed at the rate that i set in VCDS.

The infotaiment menu  has the footwell light option with the light percentage but when i click it it say "FUNZIONE ATTUALMENTE NON DISPONIBILE" in english is more or less "FUNCTION NOT DISPONIBLE AT THE MOMENT" any suggestion?

Thanks

Fixed! I just leave the car off for a few hour and now everything work like a charm

30 minutes ago, Scoptus said:

Fixed! I just leave the car off for a few hour and now everything work like a charm

Prob just needed to reboot, after every change via vcds its a good idea to reboot the HMI and change the next variable or test that the change was saved.

Finally had a go at the coding for this. I can make the setting appear in the head unit no problem, but I can't get long coding options available to do the codings. I'm using obdeleven. There are long coding options in other systems (engine, brakes, etc. But not in central electrics). 

Does anyone have any hints here? The car is a 2017 facelift. 

Maybe I need to find someone local with vcds to have a look? 

Cheers in advance 

Installed this in a 2016. Everything works, they go to 100% when I open the door, unlock and all that. I have adjustment settings for footwell lights in the infotainment; but it doesn´t work! I can´t adjust the brightness of the LED´s, nothing happens when I move the slider. Instead the footwell lights follow the instrument lights´ brightness. The coding is done correct in the adaption "Leuchte30FR LC72 ". In there they are clearly set to footwell lights. I don´t get it...

• 3 weeks later...

Honest truth, mine are still in the box and I haven’t looked at fitting them. I need to repair my faulty interior light first and then once I’ve done that I’ll get around to fitting them. Any 501’s that are quite thin will fit as the fixing is the same as the ones in the door reflectors and the boot lights etc.