Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

Being lucky enough to get these factory fitted I don't expect much sympathy  :p but I find LEDs in these are too bright and not very controllable.

Plus the fact you need a specific shape of LED to work as the lamp design is a bit rough and ready and the "cage" around the bulb interferes with some of the LED designs.

I am just wondering if coding Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30 from 18–2*5W to one of the LED options might make it work better?

Tempted just to stick some "ice white" normal w5w s back in at least the theatre dimming works better.

It probably depends on the LED. Currently they are set to 90%, but my feeling tells me that in milanj case they should be set to close to 50%, because they are really strong...

Mine are set at 20% as the dimming value with VCDS and 20% in Infotainment and are just about right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine are set at 20% as the dimming value with VCDS and 20% in Infotainment and are just about right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So I was to conservative :D :D :D :D . Good thing that they can be adjusted, so everybody can find the correct luminosity for himself. :clap:

I might give that a go, Just not coding anything at the moment until we get some response from RossTech, don't want to be the guinea pig that finds out it cant read 09 as well as 5f on MY16

09 is ok. I am not aware of any problems and I did code quite a few MY2016 cars.

• 10 months later...

Fitted the BoldSport kit over the weekend. All went well until I realised that they hadn't upgraded the lights to LED as I paid for. So if you do get the BoldSport kit and pay for the LED upgrade, open up on of the bulb holders and check what bulb has been installed.

Now trying to get some of my money back, either directly or through Paypal.

• 5 months later...
On 25/05/2014 at 21:20, steveb1970 said:

First part:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to

(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung

Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’

(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system (under lights))

Still in Adaptations

Go to

(4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30

Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘Footwell light’ from the dropdown menu

Next

Go to

(1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30

Change this value from ‘not active’ to ‘18 – 2* 5W’

Next

Go to

(6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30

Change this value from ‘0’ to ‘89’ or whatever value you want up to 100 I guess (this is where we set the highest brightness level)

If you just go back and make the changes here without exiting i.e. staying in Adaptations, you can do all in one go otherwise you have to go back in.

That’s it for adaptions – now go into;

Coding – Long coding (I used the latest vcds Beta 14.5.3 as this shows the labels for the Bytes – the 12.12 version just show tick boxes).

Go to Byte 5 and ensure Bit 7 is ticked – Footwell lights installed.

Today i fitted my footwell lights all boldsport but with the optional 6000k led lamps . When i got the kit connected  i connected everything up and tested in home with a 9v battery to make sure all was fine which it was  . Fitted and routed the cables today and connected to the bcm pin 72 then started the coding. I couldn't find (8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung as per the instruction but i guess as mine is a newer car i just found light configure which was in english footwell lights. I activated this and commenced with the other adaptions which were all there as per the instructions. I have the option under lighting on my amundsen to adjust footwell brightnes but no light at all . i double checked that i connected to pin 72 on the bcm. I have placed a multi meter on the first connector from pin 73 and earth and no voltage at all. ANY IDEAS ANYONE.........?  Oh build is MY16 AND BRAND NEW VCDS 17.1.3 

Edited by arnold

I found this on a Golf Forum if anyone has a newer vehicle. It looks like more coding is needed. Someone maybe able to advise but the way i read it you have to connect to pin 58 or is the coding just changed as below. Im really confused now. Any help would be appreciated. 

Ok just to update, after multiple unsuccessful attempts to enable the footwell lights, it appears that there are additional "Fussraum" settings that may need to be enabled to get it working. However these parameters could not not be enabled via VCDS., not sure if these are locked or the current VCDS do not support. 

As a alternative solution to get it work, I am using this settings and works perfect for me. thought, I may share it and will be useful for those like me. 

Here is the Adaptation to make it work - 

Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30 = 100
Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert CD 30 = 100
Leuchte30FR LC72-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 = 2
Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30 = 36 - LED Kleinleistung 
Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 = Always 
Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 = Footwell light 
Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion B 30 = Terminal 58xs dimmer 
Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion C 30 = Interior Lights

The trick lies in Lichtfunction B & C (Last 2 lines). With the Headlight/Parking Lights on, Footwell Lights/Bulb is powered by Terminal 58., as per the dimmer settings. 

With Doors open, Footwell Lights is powered by the Interior Lights in Full Brightness. 

• Like 1

Have you changed the long coding on 09 module as well as per the instructions? If yes try reverting back.

Footwell light bits are disabled on Byte 5 and 17 on my controller and my footwell lights are factory fitted.

Not sure if it helps...mine is MY2014 and my footwell lighting works even with those bits enabled. But one of them generated some general fault code as I remember.

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, aki78 said:

Have you changed the long coding on 09 module as well as per the instructions? If yes try reverting back.

Footwell light bits are disabled on Byte 5 and 17 on my controller and my footwell lights are factory fitted.

Not sure if it helps...mine is MY2014 and my footwell lighting works even with those bits enabled. But one of them generated some general fault code as I remember.

I might give that a go then . Thanks Its doing my head in.  ive run a scan and get no controller faults on module 9 but ill give anything a go.

Its all working now. Just no dimming via head unit but close enough. It would appear the chap on the VW forum is spot on with his settings for newer cars.

The lights come on when the door opens and stay on when the headlamps are fired up.

Edited by arnold

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/02/2017 at 03:54, arnold said:

Today i fitted my footwell lights all boldsport but with the optional 6000k led lamps . When i got the kit connected  i connected everything up and tested in home with a 9v battery to make sure all was fine which it was  . Fitted and routed the cables today and connected to the bcm pin 72 then started the coding. I couldn't find (8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung as per the instruction but i guess as mine is a newer car i just found light configure which was in english footwell lights. I activated this and commenced with the other adaptions which were all there as per the instructions. I have the option under lighting on my amundsen to adjust footwell brightnes but no light at all . i double checked that i connected to pin 72 on the bcm. I have placed a multi meter on the first connector from pin 73 and earth and no voltage at all. ANY IDEAS ANYONE.........?  Oh build is MY16 AND BRAND NEW VCDS 17.1.3 

Go to

(8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung

Change value from ‘not installed’ to ‘installed’

(This puts the footwell light % setting in the infotainment system (under lights))

For my MY16 greenline, the German words are in English

Fussraumbeleuchtung is footwell light. 

Thanks to all for the guide. I managed to do this retrofitting. It was really tough.

Hello,

Hello everyone! This is my first post.

I have one question. I have Octavia III MY2016. I will buy this kit:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS-LED-Footwell-Light-Cable-For-VW-Golf-Jetta-MK5-MK6-Passat-B6-Tiguan-Skoda-Octavia/32351894871.html

but this led lamp have only 1 led diode per lamp? I thint even when the brightness set up on 100%  infotainment, light will really low? Is maybe truth?
How many led diode have yours lamp? Please advice. Sorry for my english 

Thank you for reply.

Edited by jackfrost

6 hours ago, jackfrost said:

Hello,

Hello everyone! This is my first post.

I have one question. I have Octavia III MY2016. I will buy this kit:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/4PCS-LED-Footwell-Light-Cable-For-VW-Golf-Jetta-MK5-MK6-Passat-B6-Tiguan-Skoda-Octavia/32351894871.html

but this led lamp have only 1 led diode per lamp? I thint even when the brightness set up on 100%  infotainment, light will really low? Is maybe truth?
How many led diode have yours lamp? Please advice. Sorry for my english 

Thank you for reply.

You should be able to change the lamps so dont worry . I had the boldsport kit which is pricey for what it is and bought leds and 2 are faulty already  after less then a month so i changed the leds, The boldsport kit is nothing more than cheap Chinese rubbish . if i were to buy again i would go for genuine 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. A few days ago I received my ... cheap Chinese rubbish lamps. Looks good. I will write when I install this one.

1.thumb.jpg.cf7696ed8e900757fe7ed6d423283e3f.jpg

2.jpg.48e908c657f83dd243b8bba8c67b7ce1.jpg

Edited by jackfrost
pics