New Golf R

alex_e3

Cheers Keith...that link saved me making a mess of the search criteria ;).

The first link took me to VW UP's and then I messed up the search.

Still no idea what the inner light is meant to do, it just seems to glow. Dipped/main and flash are all on the outside unit.

Cheers Keith...that link saved me making a mess of the search criteria ;).

The first link took me to VW UP's and then I messed up the search.

Still no idea what the inner light is meant to do, it just seems to glow. Dipped/main and flash are all on the outside unit.

Side light,/parking light, switch on ignition, then switch off & flip indicator up & the left front & rear parking lights should illuminate.

I have the single U DRLs on my GT spec & centre "dot" on the inner unlit "U" is the side light/parking light..........

• Like 1

?

Can you no longer just put the Indicator stalk up or down to have a Side light on front & rear and one number plate bulb as 'Parking Lights'?

Those were the days George! K.I.S.S or Simples!

• Like 1

Dropping my daughter off today I was facing straight at a plate glass window and my lights were on (grey day here).

Noticed the dipped beam is on the outer of the 2 lights and then flashed main beam and the outer light unit shutter lifts to give full light.

What are the glowing inner lights in the other bit for/doing?

Sounds like youve got bi-xenons? Thats generally how they work.

Otherside could be anything.. Or nothing. Just to for appearance.

Not pointless for everyone, but can see what they're trying to do :)

Suppose it gives them some nice low mileage motors to shift on after the lease, if you keep to that annual limit!

If the mileage penalty payments aren't too bad then it might still be a decent deal for a higher annual mileage :)

Think I might just have got a colleague to get an R on a Contract hire deal. He just needs to persuade his partner that she can get the baby and all the associated paraphernalia in it :D

Update: the real cost of the deal was over £100 a month more than advertised, so unless someone knows of a genuine 'super' deal on the lease/hire  of an R I think he might go elsewhere.

Edited by Lady Elanore

Think I might just have got a colleague to get an R on a Contract hire deal. He just needs to persuade his partner that she can get the baby and all the associated paraphernalia in it :D

Update: the real cost of the deal was over £100 a month more than advertised, so unless someone knows of a genuine 'super' deal on the lease/hire  of an R I think he might go elsewhere.

Hatch or Estate for baby stuff?

He saw a cheap deal for the hatch and I said that there was a lot of chat about these deals on here and that he should have a test drive and see how it goes. Turns out the deal was nowhere near what was advertised so he told them to get knotted (or words to that effect). So any links to genuine deals on the R would be gratefully received. I'm interested in real deals that have actually been taken up, not just links to web pages as he can find these easily. I'm wondering if the deals we have all seen are not entirely true? I'm sure I've read on here that some peeps took the offers up (I'm on so many sites these days I lose track........nothing new there though)

He saw a cheap deal for the hatch and I said that there was a lot of chat about these deals on here and that he should have a test drive and see how it goes. Turns out the deal was nowhere near what was advertised so he told them to get knotted (or words to that effect). So any links to genuine deals on the R would be gratefully received. I'm interested in real deals that have actually been taken up, not just links to web pages as he can find these easily. I'm wondering if the deals we have all seen are not entirely true? I'm sure I've read on here that some peeps took the offers up (I'm on so many sites these days I lose track........nothing new there though)

Check out Orangewheels https://www.orangewheels.co.uk/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/custom/vw-golf-r.html

https://www.orangewheels.co.uk/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/custom/vw-golf-lease.html

Do you know if anyone on here has used them ?

Those links don't give me a lease deal either?? Just discount price :(

Edited by Lady Elanore

Do you know if anyone on here has used them ?

Those links don't give me a lease deal either?? Just discount price :(

Seem to recall someone on here buying a R Hatch or a R Estate.

"Orangewheels has negotiated some of the biggest discounts on the whole new Golf 2016 range available anywhere in the UK S, SE, GTD, GTI, petrol or diesel, through our supplying UK Volkswagen main dealers we can supply you some of the best VW Golf lease prices or Solutions PCP deals and low rate finance. You buy direct from the UK main dealer for total peace of mind with nothing to pay Orangewheels. Just select the new car spec you are interested in, and our system will let you add the colour and spec you want, and we will contact you to discuss a personalised leasing or solutions quote, or give us a call and we can arrange a new Volkswagen Golf PCP deal for you over the phone, whichever you would prefer."

Or may be give then a call.

Terms & Conditions

Privacy Policy

Edited by vrskeith

G2L have a cheapish deal, abeit a 9 + 23 5k deal.

9 + 23 x £193.

Might be worth asking what the excess mileage is, could be a good deal if 6p like they were earlier in the year :)

http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_volkswagen_golf_2.0tsir300ps5dr-instock_16166_leasing.php#.VhuywqNdH08

That's the business rate, but the personal rate is still pretty good if the mileage penalty charge isn't too steep. He won't look at it though if I can't convince him that I know of someone who has used them.

Seem to recall someone on here buying a R Hatch or a R Estate.

"Orangewheels has negotiated some of the biggest discounts on the whole new Golf 2016 range available anywhere in the UK S, SE, GTD, GTI, petrol or diesel, through our supplying UK Volkswagen main dealers we can supply you some of the best VW Golf lease prices or Solutions PCP deals and low rate finance. You buy direct from the UK main dealer for total peace of mind with nothing to pay Orangewheels. Just select the new car spec you are interested in, and our system will let you add the colour and spec you want, and we will contact you to discuss a personalised leasing or solutions quote, or give us a call and we can arrange a new Volkswagen Golf PCP deal for you over the phone, whichever you would prefer."

Or may be give then a call.

Terms & Conditions

Privacy Policy

Keith, he isn't interested in just web deals, he needs to know that someone has successfully used them and is happy with the service provided. He really will not countenance me just giving him links he can find himself. If someone on here has used a Lease deal or similar, then I can show him the page and he may well investigate further.

Anyone? I know there has been an awful lot of talk and posting of deals over the months, surely someone put there money were the collative Brisky mouth is?? :(  I could go to a Golf site, but apart from I'd have to join to ask the questions, I don't really know (in an internet stylee of course) anyone on those sites.

Keith, he isn't interested in just web deals, he needs to know that someone has successfully used them and is happy with the service provided. He really will not countenance me just giving him links he can find himself. If someone on here has used a Lease deal or similar, then I can show him the page and he may well investigate further.

Anyone? I know there has been an awful lot of talk and posting of deals over the months, surely someone put there money were the collative Brisky mouth is?? :(  I could go to a Golf site, but apart from I'd have to join to ask the questions, I don't really know (in an internet stylee of course) anyone on those sites.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.orangewheels.co.uk

Not sure if this is any good to you.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews263120.html

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/42983/we-bought-discounted-cars-from-orangewheels-and-are-very-pleased-

Edited by vrskeith

• Like 1

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.orangewheels.co.uk

Not sure if this is any good to you.

I would rather speak to someone, even if it's by this thread, than just point him to a another website. I had hoped a trusted member would appear with the news I wanted ;( mind you there is still time :)

I might suggest he looks at the M135 if nobody comes forward :D

Wish I could help more. FWIW I used Leaseplango, and they have been excellent. They have a Driverline that you call and they sort everything out from booking in services to mobile tyre replacement. All included.

The down side is the price has gone up somewhat.

Now at 6 + 23 x £357 inc Vat - with full maintenance & tyres.

The tyre replacement includes punctures etc (I've already had one repaired & one replaced - no quibble)

http://www.leaseplango.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-hatchback-2-0-tsi-r-5dr?mileage=25000&term=60&maintenance=False