New Golf R

alex_e3

Its not hard to guess who the Insiders are that give the stories to Auto Express and the others.

If the Volkswagen Group spent as  much time getting the Current Models and the Face Lift Models sorted , after sales etc as they do Spinning the Media on upcoming models they will be selling & Delivering less lemons, have less Warranty Expenses, and people might have more faith in the Reliability of the Brands.

If the Volkswagen Group spent as  much time getting the Current Models and the Face Lift Models sorted , after sales etc as they do Spinning the Media on upcoming models they will be selling & Delivering less lemons, have less Warranty Expenses, and people might have more faith in the Reliability of the Brands.

I thought VW was meant to be a good brand? My mk IV Golf was an excellent, if uninspiring car.

Edited by Lady Elanore

'Meant'.

Volkswagen Group, VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Bentley etc.

They do lovely cars, but with decades of vehicle building it would be good if the sorted out new technology before launching,

then where there are snagging faults, fix them, get the Technology Perfect, then introduce more New Technology.

They have Euro 4 & Euro 5 Engines failing because of the usual Penny Pinching on important Mechanical Components, 

and Software, and its just not in their Corporate Mentality to ever just own up.

Even on the smallest of failures early on, and then the Dealerships can deal with things.

Currently i see Skoda UK are sending out cheques for £100 to people that have bought cars and where there 

is some mix up on the Emissions or VED.

Waiting to read something from Skoda UK on what this is about, or is it an Internet Myth.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/news/skoda-news

The only one of the main 4 I've owned that was totally trouble free was a Seat Toledo. The 3.0TDi Audi only had one fault, a £7,000 repair bill on a broken Sports Diff. If reliability is suspect, perhaps making a 400+bhp 2.0 family hatch might not be their best idea.

It is not like they are going to be selling that many,

and they will have all the Journalists that kneel at the mighty VW bigging them up.

(they expect that of them anyway, greatest thing since sliced bread!)

Then just think how much coverage the VW Golf R 400 gets just on Briskoda.

As much as the Golf R & RS3.

To make everyone aware - I have a MK7 GTD and have been told about a recall for the 'rear spoiler supports'

The black parts which support the rear spoiler attached to the glass were apparently bonded with the wrong substance. Mine is going in next week to be fixed.

Just had mine re-bonded today. Dealer also washed and vacuumed before handing it back. 1.25 hrs. Job didn't need doing but they have been told to by VW UK.

Thanks George, just for the Golf R record - Evo test :http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/16456/audi-rs3-vs-volkswagen-golf-r-evo-deadly-rivals

The difference is even more marked on the country roads A,B &C in Wiltshire.

Would the Golf R Estate be quicker?

Edited by vrskeith

Only if you paid £45k for your RS3.

The tester wasn't biased,he was just outlining that Evo had voted the R as hatch for 2014 and was using as a bench mark. Hence the new more powerful,more expensive hatch on the block was being measured against their insight and ultimately performance on the track.imo.

But as you know Kenny,I'm biased as F.

Edited by vrskeith

Lol you might be you might not mate lol.

I want a review based on the cars ability, practicality, performance etc. summer use at the end and then take its into account. Not in the first 20 seconds mention oh 10k more then a bit late oh 10k more lol

I don't buy cars based on only cost. Not on bloody lap times lol

But then others do so each to their own. If one car was the best for everything and for everyone then we would all have the same car.

My last car was great but it wasn't the worlds fastest 0-60 nor did it track well and oh it was more than a Dacia

New Car Deals

Helping you find the best deals on new cars direct from UK main dealers

0800 612 7844

mon - fri 9:30am - 6:00pm

New Car Deals
About Us
F.A.Q.
Insurance
Contact Us
Testimonials
How We Work

Your Brand New Car Price - Enquire Now (It's Free!)

Volkswagen GOLF 2.0 TSI R 5dr DSG Petrol Estate  £33,586 

Winter pack - Golf (when ordered with Bi-Xenon headlights)  £380

Vienna leather - Black + heated front sports seats with lumbar support  £1,895

Discover DVD navigation pro with 8.0'' colour touch screen, European map data, 64GB hard drive + voice control  £2,090

18" Cadiz alloy wheels + anti-theft wheel bolts  FREE

Special metallic - Lapis blue  £610

Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £38,561 

Our Discount Price [on the road]   £31,764  

Saving £6,797 

Thinking of buying in the next few days?

Basis for a good deal?

Edited by vrskeith

Ordered mine (well, it's for the mrs) last week.

5dr, manual, white, 19inch prets, DCC, discover pro nav and dynaudio. Reckon it'll be here march time which is fine by me.

• Like 1

They certainly know how to milk the delivery times then!

tbf i dont really want it until then. give me time to sell my 63plate octavia estate early next year, hopefully at a point where it wont cost me to move it on. (pcp, no deposit, so probably currently in neg equity)

• Like 1