Unusual unmarked police cars

I saw an unmarked police car a couple of days ago. It was slightly odd, in that it was a white Volvo V70 estate! A double-bluff?

What other unusual unmarked cars have you seen? Cars that you wouldn't have expected to see used as unmarked?

I saw an unmarked police car a couple of days ago. It was slightly odd, in that it was a white Volvo V70 estate! A double-bluff?What other unusual unmarked cars have you seen? Cars that you wouldn't have expected to see used as unmarked?

There was one of those on the m1 past Nottingham a couple of years back.

Purple Citroen DS3 with Pink Roof & Mirrors, 2 up with Police Women wearing Hi Viz Stab Vests.

Nipping on south of Perth on the A9, doing a bit of Tail Gate/Bullying overtaking, like they do in training.

I suspected it was a Police person driving a private car to work rather than a Police Car.

But maybe somebody knows.

A90 South of Aberdeen, Citroen DS 5 metallic Brown, (sporty) 3 up with 2 wearing Hi Viz vests, 

at speeds over 100 mph, doing bullying overtaking without lights flashing,

not Sure if 'Police in training',

or 3 Fork Lift drivers on their way home.

Anyway, good if a covert car, but possibly only useful for sedate pursuits.

Scotland has the Ryder Cup, Commonwealth Games and a Referendum commng up in 2014

and Police Scotland have lots of interesting new Vehicles, & Police in Training.

A few White Passat Unmarked arround, possible ARV's.

If you are out spirited driving in Scotland, take care who you start to play with if they start tailgating you.

Any colour of Audi, BMW, VW, Skoda, Volvo, Ford, Citroen, Peugeot etc could be officers of the law,

or a Travelling Salesperson that drives like them.

A dark green Chevrolet Conversion Van, based off the plates, a 1992. An honest to god, E39 M5. And I think the absolute most baffling was, while not a car, a Honda Goldwing, I think it was, with a side car. Kinda threw me when he flashed me with stop lights.

The local station has a Passat R36 as well. Now that bloody thing is fast. Fortunately the driver is completely incompetent behind the wheel, so all that power is wasted when he cant drive it properly. I even saw it in a ditch few months ago. The bloke was pretty damned surprised when I helped him and called an ambulance, considering we hate eachother's guts.

I saw an unmarked police car a couple of days ago. It was slightly odd, in that it was a white Volvo V70 estate! A double-bluff?

What other unusual unmarked cars have you seen? Cars that you wouldn't have expected to see used as unmarked?

All our traffic cars are either V70s or Insignias round here

Edited by matt1chelski

Seen a Vauxhall Zafira vXR on motorway hard shoulder having stopped someone it was a silver grey, and also seen a couple of X5 s.

Approx 2 years ago there was a Leon Cupra R toying with boy racers ( the stupid boy racers) And getting a few of them.

• Like 1

It's worth noting that a lot of unmarked cars fitted with blues and twos won't be police but rather fire service officers, senior paramedics, basic doctors and NCA to name just a few.

It wasn't unmarked but I saw a fully battenberged up VW Tiguan in Inverness last night that had pulled over a Range Rover. Never seen the police using them before

I think it is a Touareg... and not a Tiguan

white and silver plod cars without markins are quite common round here. Including Volvos.

I always just thought they were being used while they were waiting to get the stickers on.

Edited by Aspman

One of my neighbours was traffic (old house) and he brought home some fun cars... most memorable was the orange focus ST, had launch control, was fast as anything...

Octavia vrs facelifts were common round here too, and once saw a mk2 focus RS booting round the M25 too.