Tyre fitters who do not mark your alloys (and those to avoid)

Gizmo

I was very pleasantly surprised when a puncture forced me to use them

Kwikfit

Knights hill

West Norwood

London SE27

They were very careful and took excellent care of my Gemini alloy wheel, this was despite a busy Sunday with customers arriving after me being told the wait was at least an hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for the Fareham branch of Pro-Tyre never had a marked alloy and only ever issue was resolved quickly and with apologies. They had managed to fit one of the Goodyear Eco-Grip tyres the wrong way round on my wife's Mini Cooper S.

Taken my last three cars there without any issues. 

• 5 months later...

Just had some tyres fitted at Wheels UK, who are now in Coventry. Been going there since 2004 for wheels and tyres, never had any problems. They do refurb's as well, they did mine two years ago. post-51841-0-04386300-1440153141_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Castle tyres near Bingley , always take utmost care , no marks http://www.castletyresbingley.co.uk/

+1. 

Took my set there and it turned out the refurb job was shoddy (got a refund from ebay in the end so happy days!), didn't charge me to remove the tyres on the basis I was going to bring them back after getting them done properly. Went back when they were done and they did them there and then as I'd come from the city centre and couldn't practically leave them.

No issues if you buy the tyres online either.

Only down side is they are in Bingley :(

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

F1 Autocentre in Harrow. Did my xtremes with no marks. Although they did not clean off the excess lube that they used, but I did that myself.

Hi There,

how have found your extremes condition wise - I have only driven 50 miles and I have a slight nick already in the front drivers side wheel low profile tyres I guess and rubbish roads even though I drive very carefully and avoid potholes where I can.

John

Hi There,

how have found your extremes condition wise - I have only driven 50 miles and I have a slight nick already in the front drivers side wheel low profile tyres I guess and rubbish roads even though I drive very carefully and avoid potholes where I can.

John

Over 2.5k no real issues apart from a weird kerb/stone chip after 1 week of ownership. To which I'm not really sure how it's happened.

And I also drive on some terrible roads.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Recommended:

DCM Tyres in Shaftesbury - http://www.dcmtyres.co.uk/index.html 

Used a few times now, never had any problems and a decent all round service

Pros:

Cheap

Quality of service is good

Able to walk in without appointment

Cons:

First time I used them they poked there head round the door to ask what car it was, I later got the car back to find a party had gone on in the glovebox as they clearly tried to look in the manual :D

Not Recommended:

Kwik Fit Bournemouth (Castle Lane) - https://www.kwik-fit.com/locate-a-centre/bournemouth-castle-lane-west-plus

Went to get a tyre puncture seen too and they used what I can only think was a scourer to take the wheel balance off, took away a good chunk of the paint, took a month to get back after complaining and was phoned from a mobile (not slating there, we do the same at work, however only if we've tried contacting on numerous occasions on a landline first) and the chap said I had his mobile and would offer a discount next time I go back (yeah lol, like I'll go back) and they stole my bloody valve cap! (I got it back :peek:) 

Pros:

Cheap puncture repair (£25)

Happy for me to leave the wheel (was loose) with them for a day

Guy in charge was friendly and approachable 

Cons:

Replaced my valve cap with a cheap one :(

Damaged my wheel by taking the paint off

Edited by Hyphons

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can recommend Addison Tyres in Tipton, Used them many times including 4 Wheel alignment on one of my previous Cars.

They also offer:

'Hunter Hawk Eye' Premium 4 Wheel Computer Wheel Alignment system

complete premium wheel refurbishing service for car and motorcycle alloys

Also do Oil Changes and fit exhausts.

I can vouch for Tyre service and the 4 Wheel Alignment having had both done.

http://www.discounttyresuk.co.uk/#

Addison Tyre Centre

52A High Street

Princes End

Tipton

West Midlands

DY4 9HP

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 11:32, NZ100 said:

Just had some tyres fitted at Wheels UK, who are now in Coventry. Been going there since 2004 for wheels and tyres, never had any problems. They do refurb's as well, they did mine two years ago. post-51841-0-04386300-1440153141_thumb.jpg

Just had my wheels repainted again here, no problems with taking off and putting back on tyres, they take there time doing the job. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

One to avoid. F1 Autocentre in Enfield, North London. Jacked up my classic mini by the floor pan total disregard for the correct jacking points. When I asked what they were doing and pointed out the damage they couldn't see what the issue was, and just changed single jack for double beam thing. Didn't get anywhere with them trying to sort out the damage.

Recently bought new tyres through Black circles.

Chose a mobile fitting service as I was swapping wheels over (new tyres going on brand new bare wheels) so taking it to a garage would have been a pain loading up the car with my new wheels then putting the old (19"!) wheels in there.

I used Jazz Tyres based in the York area.

https://www.facebook.com/jazztyresmobile/

Two young very friendly and professional lads turned up. I was concerned at first when I saw them get out the van (don't judge a book by the cover and all that) but they were very polite and professional.

Took great care of my brand new wheels and not a single mark on them. All weights placed neatly out of sight.

Were also all to happy to help with swapping my wheels over and removing the hub adapters I had fitted.

On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 13:34, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Another vote for the Fareham branch of Pro-Tyre never had a marked alloy and only ever issue was resolved quickly and with apologies. They had managed to fit one of the Goodyear Eco-Grip tyres the wrong way round on my wife's Mini Cooper S.

Taken my last three cars there without any issues. 

... and another for Fareham protyre. Last 4 cars, the only issue was on the last change, they forgot to refit the nut covers and I didn't notice until I'd driven away. Not a biggie and I should have checked before driving away anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Eastbourne Tyres get the thumbs up from me :thumbup:

Been going there for years and never had a problem.  Have just replaced my fronts with ZV7's.  As I wasn't sure, they said to try them and if I don't like them, pop back and they'll replace them with the PS4's I went in for.  Kudos.

Gaz

• 10 months later...

AMS Tyres & Autocentre

Devon, Exeter

3 Trusham Road, Marsh Barton Ind Estate, EX2 8NW

01392 424 666

Highly recommend. Excellent service, knowledgeable and friendly. Never marked any of my wheels. Been going there for a few years now. 

Recently brought a full set of Toyo Proxes T1-R's (£218 from link) They fitted / balanced for £15 a corner and free disposal of old tyres.

Cupid.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.jefferiestyres.com

Jefferies tyres in Bromsgrove have been fantastic. I have used them four times and they even commented on how nice my ATS cups look haha. My father in law has used them for years and years and never had problems. 

Somehow they get tyres stupidly cheap, I have just had a set of Bridgestone Turanza T001 Evo tyres fitted. They got all four in and fitted them for less money than I could get four and fit them myself at work.

Just had some more wheels done at Wheels UK Coventry.

They have always done a good job here, and i've been going to this place since 2004. 

20180406_103734.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm due to be wanting some new summer tyres fitted next month, did anyone have any recommendations for places around the newport area of the country? First time I've had a car worth looking after properly so don't want my wheels damaged!