I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

I locked my 2012 Yeti parked  in a friends driveway with the windows wound down.

We went out and  a storm came in started to poor down heavy rain I was worried that the interior of the car would get  wet.  Came back and all the windows had automatically closed interior dry as a bone... A cool feature!

• 1 month later...

I had my hazard lights on following a crippled car at 30 mph on a dual carriageway. Put my left hand indicator on to pull into a planned stop at next lay-by, hazard lights self cancelled to give correct indication for the pull in, when in lay-by, hazard lights returned. Clever stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new Bolero has a fast forward / rewind feature on media tracks.

The thin green line that shows the progress of a track gets a blob at the end of it when you get your hand near the screen.

Put your finger on the blob and drag to the right or left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just discovered that as well as the fog lights coming on when cornering , they also come on when you put the indicators on (left for left fog , right for right) . I love discovering new Yeti stuff (well new to me anyway)  :sun:

I've just discovered that as well as the fog lights coming on when cornering , they also come on when you put the indicators on (left for left fog , right for right) . I love discovering new Yeti stuff (well new to me anyway)  :sun:

They come on in reverse as well!

• Like 1

With auto lights, if the switch is all the way to the right, the cornering function is cancelled but cornering fogs still work.

• Like 1

With auto lights, if the switch is all the way to the right, the cornering function is cancelled but cornering fogs still work.

You sure?

Yes it's correct :thumbup:

• Like 2

On my old 2011 Yeti the cornering feature worked in both positions. You could select bend lighting on or off in the display menu.

My 2014 Yeti is different and bend lighting only works in the auto position. 

On my old 2011 Yeti the cornering feature worked in both positions. You could select bend lighting on or off in the display menu.

My 2014 Yeti is different and bend lighting only works in the auto position. 

I didn't know this either but I tried it last night and you're absolutely right... on my 2016 Yeti the lights only steer into corners when on Auto. Have them on manual and they are just like any other car and stare fixedly straight ahead, unlike my 2010 Yeti which would steer with the switch in either position. I can't think of a reason for the change, but i guess there must be one!

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating....

Did you know that if you remove the parcel shelf, turn it round so that what was the tailgate edge is pointing away from you, you can stow it vertically behind the rear seats. You can even secure it there by clipping it in place using the usual "hinge clip" retainers & it wont rattle!

This sounds good , but I can't seem to get it to work , is it the same with or without the spare wheel ?

I think I tried this some time ago and it needed the seats to be slid fwd a bit as it seemed to wide(long) to just drop in.

Also I tried (messed about) when the seats were removed the shelf looks like it should fit over the seat fixing brackets to complete the floor. It sort of does but it can still slide around as doesn't lock in.

This sounds good , but I can't seem to get it to work , is it the same with or without the spare wheel ?

I think I tried this some time ago and it needed the seats to be slid fwd a bit as it seemed to wide(long) to just drop in.

Also I tried (messed about) when the seats were removed the shelf looks like it should fit over the seat fixing brackets to complete the floor. It sort of does but it can still slide around as doesn't lock in.

The seats need to be upright (ie not reclined) but they can be slid back as far as they will go.

When in position, what would normally be the top surface of the shelf is vertically against the seat back, so the underside takes any damage from stuff in the boot. The shelf will only fit if you turn it round so that the edge that used to be against the tailgate becomes the edge pointing down towards the floor, leaving the flappy bit at the top and facing the back of the car.

It fitted ok in my previous (2010) Yeti and still does in my 2016 Yeti, both of which had spare wheels, so it should fit cars with & without a spare, though i don't know about cars with the variable height floor.

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 1

Travel at speeds in excess on 90 mph for a short amount of time Yeti will turn its headlights on when auto headlights are active.

Doubtful benefit - not unlike a Peugeot RCZ I used to own that deployed a rear spoiler when you exceeded 85 mph - It tells the police that you are speeding!  :-)

The seats need to be upright (ie not reclined) but they can be slid back as far as they will go.

When in position, what would normally be the top surface of the shelf is vertically against the seat back, so the underside takes any damage from stuff in the boot. The shelf will only fit if you turn it round so that the edge that used to be against the tailgate becomes the edge pointing down towards the floor, leaving the flappy bit at the top and facing the back of the car.

It fitted ok in my previous (2010) Yeti and still does in my 2016 Yeti, both of which had spare wheels, so it should fit cars with & without a spare, though i don't know about cars with the variable height floor.

Here's how it looks in place. ( Note that with a spare wheel & raised floor, you need to ensure the bottom of the parcel shelf is tucked between the seat backs and the upstand of the floor):

IMG_0547_zpsdlfwtqmj.jpg

And the locating clip:

IMG_0548_zpsojdye7zl.jpg

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 3

I didn't know this either but I tried it last night and you're absolutely right... on my 2016 Yeti the lights only steer into corners when on Auto. Have them on manual and they are just like any other car and stare fixedly straight ahead, unlike my 2010 Yeti which would steer with the switch in either position. I can't think of a reason for the change, but i guess there must be one!

If I remember correctly, the FL B-Xenon equipped Yetis have Skoda's AFS II (Adaptive Frontlight System) which does far more than the original set up - ie cornering headlamps only.

With AFS II there is also beam control depending on speed and conditions such as a longer beam at higher speeds in clear weather (wipers off) and reduced beam length in rain. Also below 36 mph, the offside light angles towards the opposite kerb.

I presume the thinking is that if you put the lights on 'manual' it may be daylight so the lights are on to be seen rather than to see with.

It still dumbfounds me why the lights 'on' indications on the FL are incredibly nonsensical!  

• Like 1