I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

Try the warnings the other way round i.e. the Winter Tyres warning lower than the Speed Warning. I have set mine to 95 and 100 and love trying to hear ping      pong in the shortest possible time.

I might just be joking, mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over two years of Yeti ownership and I've only just found out that the air recirculation button is actually three-way not simply on or off.

There's on, where it's recirculating. There's off, where the air flows from the outside all the time.  And there's 'A' for auto, where it constantly monitors the air quality and automatically switches to recirculation if it drops below a certain standard.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PaveyArk said:

Over two years of Yeti ownership and I've only just found out that the air recirculation button is actually three-way not simply on or off.

There's on, where it's recirculating. There's off, where the air flows from the outside all the time.  And there's 'A' for auto, where it constantly monitors the air quality and automatically switches to recirculation if it drops below a certain standard.

I noticed this a while back - but I'm not convinced "A" mode actually does anything...

46 minutes ago, muddyboots said:

I only noticed recently that the rear seats slide backwards and forwards :D

Hope you also noticed they can only be removed if they are in the fully rearward position ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muddyboots said:

I noticed this a while back - but I'm not convinced "A" mode actually does anything...

It does on mine.  I can hear it change into recirculation mode occasionally, and then back again a bit later.

9 hours ago, muddyboots said:

I only noticed recently that the rear seats slide backwards and forwards :D

I've just given it a go on the front ones, and they do the same too.  Gosh, aren't Yetis amazing!  :-)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CJF said:

OK so why when I accidentally hold the "unlock" button do the windows open?

Most new cars do the same. Very handy in hot weather to cool the car down.

44 minutes ago, CJF said:

OK so why when I accidentally hold the "unlock" button do the windows open?

Also if you press and hold the "lock" button the windows will close.
And if doing that with the windows closed after about 2 seconds the mirrors will fold.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Also if you press and hold the "lock" button the windows will close.
And if doing that with the windows closed after about 2 seconds the mirrors will fold.

As long as you have electrically folding mirrors fitted! 

The ability to open the windows from a distance is a boon on that one day of the year the sun shines, as it lets out all the warm stuffy air that has built up inside the vehicle whilst you've been away.

I just wish I remembered  to leave the glasses storage holder open so that I no longer burnt the bridge of my nose or the sides of my head when I swapped over  to my sunglasses. 

1 hour ago, Fin69 said:

As long as you have electrically folding mirrors fitted! 

The ability to open the windows from a distance is a boon on that one day of the year the sun shines, as it lets out all the warm stuffy air that has built up inside the vehicle whilst you've been away.

I just wish I remembered  to leave the glasses storage holder open so that I no longer burnt the bridge of my nose or the sides of my head when I swapped over  to my sunglasses. 

Incorrect. It works on any Yeti with electric windows. Certainly used it on my old one.

27 minutes ago, Robjon said:

My Yeti has electric windows.

But unless I am doing something wrong (or something on the car has failed) then my Yeti does not have electrically folding mirrors.

I was replying to CJF who has an SE L Drive that does have folding mirrors.

Edit: Yeti's that have folding mirrors will have the fold position at about 7 o'clock on the mirror switch.

Mirror_switch[1].jpg

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 1

And anyone who doesn't want the open/close window function via remote, can have it disabled by anyone with VCDS.

I've found it quite handy on a few occasions, or when you might have forgotten to put a window up before switching off the ignition.

On 02/04/2014 at 10:34, lfc958 said:

P.S.

Along with cornering function, Fog Lights should also come on, when engaging reverse, if headlights on & on auto ( Don't need auto lights to do this a little VCDS magic can activate this function as done on my Octy vRS)

Rear-Wiper should wipe when engaging reverse, if auto wipers are on.( Don't need auto wiper for this - Just put wiper up to timed mode, engage reverse & this will happen - std on my Mk1 Fabis vRS ( previous car) & Current Octy vRS )

A few surprising & not so surprising warning pings:-

Driver seatbelt not on - Activates over 10 mph & gets louder till it becomes very irritating ( Should have belt on anyway)
Outside temp reaches below 4C
Washer bottle low.
Fuel on reserve
Bonnet / Boot / Doors left open for longer than approx 3 mins.
Radio left on after key is turned to off but left in ignition at approx 55 mins will warn it is about to shut off.
Some will ping when a bulb is out along with dash warning light.

Switch to shut off internal alarm after remote locking the car ( so pets can be left in car without deafaning them)

Just a few remembered.

(I AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO THIS!)

If for some lazy unreasonable unsafe reason you cant bothered to belt up then that annoying beeping can be deactivated if you just push the seatbelt release button once

Edited by Yetski
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robjon said:

Apologies Urrell - I was responding to Graham's post in which he infers any Yeti with electric windows also has electrically folding mirrors.

Not what I said.

Fin69 said that the remote window opening/closing only worked if the car had folding mirrors. I corrected him and stated that any Yeti with electric windows had the remote feature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Not what I said.

Fin69 said that the remote window opening/closing only worked if the car had folding mirrors. I corrected him and stated that any Yeti with electric windows had the remote feature.

Actually, that's not what I said, either.

Reread my post again with the quote from Urrell. 

He states after two seconds of depressing the button, the mirrors will fold, hence my comment "only if you have folding mirrors fitted."

I discovered a blind spot in the rear parking sensors.

Apparently it is blind to supermarket trolleys side on to, and central to the car.

I didn't hit it, as I knew it was there before I started to reverse. It surprised me that the sensors didn't see it.

I managed to get to about a foot from it before there was any reaction from them.

Just done part of a journey with the car bonging at me and telling me on the maxidot to put the dsg in P everytime the car came to a halt!

Was begginning to think I needed to call for assistance. Then noticed whilst the car was in motion that the drivers door symbol was showing as open but no bonging for that. Quick re- closure of the door properly and the warning stopped.

So what I thought was a gearbox fault being suggested by the maxidot was simply a door slightly ajar, yet the door open warning was overwritten by the demand to go into P everytime I stopped.

Not that clear to my mind.