Limited Edition Leather -

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jsut to point out, the ebay versions are not the same as the original versions. So you would be buying replicas.

care to explain

If you were going to fake something, why would you limit your sales to such a niche market

Also spares sets would have been produced for warranty and replacement. And some sets might not have met the quality control standards

I bought two sets of these and recieved them last week! I've had a vrs le before with genuine leather and these look and feel exactly the same also what was slightly disappointing but does make me think they are 100% genuine skoda items is where the tab which would have the number and words limited edition on it's been removed as you can see where it was!

• Like 2

Hey all , Skodaguy that sounds like good news, did you recieve bolsters ? When you looking at fitting ? I've been back onto Autokit Int this morning to try and clarify somer if not all quieries, a lady took my message and someone will get back to me today. Looks like a group buy is highly likely !

Yeah I like the seats what are already in but the suede and mesh trim is a nightmare to clean after kids have been in the car, clogged with crisp remanants, smeered with chochalate an I'll not even mention the projectile milk vomit that took place on Xmas morning that took me 2 hours of constant cleaning out the mesh in the seats ! Leather just needs a quick wipe over ! That's the reason why I'm plucking for it !

Hi guys, just seen this post re LE Seat covers for sale, i own an Le Estate, with these seats fitted and reckon that they look genuine to me. The only thing that concerns me for you guys that are interested is that, i had a seat reclining ratchet fail on my drivers side front seat also the foam base had collapsed which were both replaced under warranty by D M Keith in Leeds ( Top outfit been very good for me ). When this was done there a few problems as i was told that the seat frame was different to standard Vrs in that leather was bonded to the foam on the seat frame, not just a cover fitted over! So the dealers had to get a complete new seat frame as well. Never saw the parts but this was what i was told, they certainly had the car for more than a week whilst the correct bits were sourced. It was further complicated by the fact that i was not prepared to have a replacement leather cover fitted, i wanted the original re-fitting as i didn't want it look newer than the others! How it was resolved i do not know.

I am just telling this as i remember it, it may, or may not be useful to some people! I would like to add that the seats are by far the most comfortable car seats that i ever had in 45 years of motoring. If anyone wants shots of my Estate seats to check/reference, please get in touch.

Regards Toddie

Hey Brimma, looks like a few more of us may have it soon ! Albeit you had it years ago :) Toddie I'm passing through Leeds on sat morning maybe to see Gathy delivery of the seats covers, maybe worth seeing them against your interior to compare ? If there are that many purchasers of this interior, I might just keep mine standard to be different haha ;)

Jsut to point out, the ebay versions are not the same as the original versions. So you would be buying replicas.

That's what I said before . It's just replica covers it's not the originals

TBH I don't know what all the fuss is about, I've had LE leather in the JPS for years

:)

Always ahead of the curve Bryan, always ahead :D

• Like 1

Right gents, I have just recieved a phone call from Neil @ AutoKit International. He has confirmed the following;

The Kits Are Original

They produced the kits for Skoda

They are selling them due to end of warranties and no longer need to be kept in stock

The kits do Not come with Bolsters, but, if I can give him approx 20 sales we will recieve a discount.

He is gonna ring me back tomorrow with a price for the matching bolsters.

I will try put something in group buy this evening if you want to put your names down. I can pass names and numbers over to him and we can all ring up and pay individually.

Thanks all, Davey

Im nursing a semi-on waiting for them to arrive.

All the parts add up to re-trim a standard vrs to make a limited edition trim,my standard centre consoles black leather with white stitching,my headrests are already black leather and the rear seat bolsters are with white stitching,they could quite easily have been given a contract to run a 700-800ish production run as the dealers are obliged to supply parts for a number of years afterwards.

Also they have the proper airbag labels on with the right stitching etc and plastic extrusions to fit

I personally bought them with a gut feeling they are the real macoy but as long as they are somewhere near they getting fit cause limited edition trim is bloody nice and will get rid of my stupid light grey Alcantara that i hated in my old vrs and again in the FL

anyway who cares

if your fitting them yourself with no real technical knowledge,dont

you need new upholstery clips and special tools to refit the clips,also upholstery adhesive etc.its not for the technically inept

will will let you all know how hard it is when ive done it (or sent them back cause they rubbish copies)

Do the math...they probably got paid by Skoda to produce 500 sets plus xx amount for warranty/snagging.

Held the stock until warranty time expired and sell on xx sets at a sensible £200 each that is around £20k on top of the original payment.

I see no reason to doubt there authenticity. If my interior was not so new and changing it would probably devalue my car for resale, I would jump at them!

not long now > theyve just updated my ebay to dispatched and the tracking says they are currently in Bangladesh  WTF ? NOOOOOOOOOOO  ive been bum raped lol

They have loads of sets so don't panic buy....they will put the price up  chillax till Ive got them and fitted them 

Hence i have taken one for the team ! then you can panic buy lol

Not necessarily. When I did the heated seat retrofit on my leather seats I had to remove the covers. When I replaced them I used small plastic cable ties instead of the metal rings. They don't move on the supports so there wouldn't be any movement of the cover on the metal supports. Plastic ties are far easier to work with and don't require the same fiddling about with long nosed pliers to fix.

Mike

yeah arrghh john wayne....  exactly what im gonna do if i cannot get them back on with my stilsons.