Show your Octavia III Dashcam setups

Firstly, yes Mods I know there's twenty billion dashcam threads but i thought it would be nice to have a specific O3 thread showing what people are using, how they installed it and what's the best place to locate it.....

I am looking into getting one myself but want something that's going to be discreet in my vRS which isn't easy as the Lane Assit camera takes up the best location.  So how's everyone fitted theirs?  :)

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance but the whole dash cam thing has passed me by, exactly what are they for?

Is it to record any potential accident footage to support insurance claims?

I have two blackvues - front facing directly beneath the front sensor is a 400. Hardwired by boss and Taylor into the fuse box behind the glovebox.

Rear facing at the top of the rear windscreen is a 380 hard wired by Taylor into the fuses within the tailgate of the boot (if that makes sense)

• Like 1

And what if the accident turns out to be your fault?! Do they have an instant erase button?! ;-)

You admit liability and act with honesty and integrity.....don't you ??

• Like 3

You admit liability and act with honesty and integrity.....don't you ??

Hahahhahaha, wohoohoo, hahaha, cough, cough, ack.....ack....ack, ugh,ugh, ugh, ah, ah, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

.........sorry are you being serious? cameras are only for your own evidence :D

C'mon guys this thread is for showing peoples dashcan setups, there oare ther threads where you can discuss the pro's and cons.

you lost your sense of humour?

I'm as interested as the next guy but let's lighten up a bit :)

Hahahhahaha, wohoohoo, hahaha, cough, cough, ack.....ack....ack, ugh,ugh, ugh, ah, ah, hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

.........sorry are you being serious? cameras are only for your own evidence :D

Ohhhh I see now, that explains all the points on my license and high insurance....

Speaking of which.  SWMBO recently reversed from the side of the road into a vehicle parked in the middle of the road.  Yes she should have checked her right hand mirror, but seeing nothing behind in her rear view she drove slowly backwards.

She hit the other vehicle (driver has mobility issues from a previous accident) who admitted to seeing her reverse but "didn't have time to reverse her own car"..  My question was why didn't she sound the horn?

After a little swearing and checking the damage the other driver got out of the car to check her damage..  She got back in the car and phoned her husband to inform him. After hanging up she complained of neck pain.

SWMBO phoned me - I told her to call an ambulance and the police (as her husband was on his way).

As soon as the ambulance arrived her "neck condition" had worsened but when the ambulance crew said they were calling the fire brigade to extract her from the vehicle by removing the roof, she soon got out on her own and onto a stretcher.

She is now claiming whiplash against SWMBO - even though SWMBO was doing about 5 MPH and the other driver saw the collision.

After we explained all this to the insurance company - they have basically said they will fight it, but it's likely to be SWMBO's fault as we cannot state the other driver was moving at the time of the accident (which would be a 50/50).

TBH a few things strike me as wrong.

1. Why was she "parked" in the middle of the road behind SWMBO.

2. Why didn't she sound the horn.

3. Why did she opt to get out of the vehicle once she found out how the fire brigade remove people?

SWMBO's insurance company are currently reviewing the video footage from her car along with the ambulance report.  I am so glad I got her this camera, without it we wouldn't have a leg to stand on - as it stands we can at least prove she is claiming more damage thanshe suffered.

Apparently she can no longer drive due to the incident, but has been seen (and I have a blurry image at present) of her driving her husbands car picking her grand kids up from school.

Sorry for the hi-jack.  Back on subject

Hopefully it will be sooner that all new cars are fitted with camera's.

• Like 1

And that's why these cameras are so useful. There is no backtracking on what is said at the scene if the footage is there.

So often I hear one person say sorry it was their fault at the scene then when the insurance company get involved it wasn't their fault at all.

Come on guys get some pics up lol

I really want to have these installed in my and SWMBO's cars but I wouldn't be allowed to drive to my place of work with them in as I'm sure a lot of others would not be able to.

Can they be easily wired in the mk3 with some sort of switch for turning them on and off? I wouldn't want to have to plug them in to 12v, would want them hard wired, and definitely wouldn't want to have to unplug a cable from the unit itself as the first time I touched the windscreen doing it it would bug the life out of me until I cleaned it :-)

• Like 2

Ok well I only got pics of the front one lol anyways here you go:

My view of the front one (yep its totally hidden behind my mirror and you can also see the rear set up) and yes I was stationary at traffic lights with engine off before anyone starts lol ;)

1506633_10152417284598453_91615284073289

Here it is behind the rearview mirror

1017754_10152417284603453_20122019164069

This is all you see of the cables

1017754_10152417284593453_75456095142188

• Like 2

I'm still in the process of fitting mine so I'll post pics and samples when it is completed, just waiting for delivery of a couple of bits (Piggy back fuse and additional 12v socket).  Camera is fixed behind the rear view mirror same as LadyVienna.

My camera is a E-Prance 0801

• Like 1