Show your Octavia III Dashcam setups

I see your point - Ill try to point it down a bit. The low sun doesn't help - I've also uploaded a couple more from last night and this morning.

The morning sun really does highlight the reflections

Morning low sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGTfyu7Xu8

Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv4Y8jBa9ng

I have my hard wire kit turning up today - where is the best place to get the ground from?

I bought myself a couple of these:-

https://www.accidentcameras.co.uk/in-car-cameras/high-definition/ac-f600.aspx

£25 each. May not be all singing and dancing but with hardwire kits, memory cards and an extra/different bracket for the rear, the whole lot cost £90 delivered.

Have been using front one for a couple of days just in the cigarette socket, very small and discreet and a nice matt black finish to them.

Hope to get them installed over the weekend.

Hope they serve you well! If they do would you please do a YouTube upload for comparison? May out one in the Mrs car at that price.

My mini 0806, plus hardwire kit probably cost me around £90 as I already had a memory card. Talking to people at work some are sceptical but we have an internal forum where people often ask for witnesses to accidents, I think it's a small price for the peace of mind.

Couple of notes, over 10k people work on my site and we aren't allowed cameras so the 0806 is perfect as I can put it in my pocket lol.

Guys

Tried to hard wire mine in this morning and use the Rear Wiper Fuse, but on the L&K theres not enough room to get the piggy back fuse in, the fuses either foul the ones to the left or right (I guess these are for some of the extras that come on the L&K?).

Any ideas which other one I could use?

Pic attached of the fusebox!

post-134252-0-87626000-1461405546_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Did my dash cam install today, i should have taken more/better photos so apologies in advance for not doing so.

post-3894-0-34628700-1461421699_thumb.jpg

Used the fuse for the rear wiper as mentioned in this thread, no problems. I used the middle bolt of the three visible in the end of the dash as it was easier to get to with my socket. 

post-3894-0-98244700-1461421780_thumb.jpg

My wires from the rear cam were not long enough, so i extended them using some solder sleeves.

post-3894-0-71607100-1461421822_thumb.jpg

Front cam interior

post-3894-0-63093900-1461421850_thumb.jpg

Front Cam exterior

post-3894-0-84384700-1461421970_thumb.jpg

Rear Cam interior

Not really happy with the rear cam hanging down so much. I bought an adhesive mount with the intention of sticking it to the plastic housing of the high level brake light, but it will not stick to it. Need some stronger double sided tape maybe???

I see a lot of speculation around what is hidden behind the A pillar in the terms of airbag and so on. So if anybody removes the trim altogether it would very nice of them to take a pic and post it on here. Hint Hint

For a VRS you dont need a photo. Trust me, I aye saw it with my own eyes. A long slender white sack with a VW logo and the word Airbag on the side. It may have had some kind of warning but I was on the run before I could take it all in. Would have been nice if Skoda had bothered their arses to put the statutory 'airbag' logo on the cheap plastic to prevent me getting all ma teeth knocked out should I have been too rough!!

Guys

Tried to hard wire mine in this morning and use the Rear Wiper Fuse, but on the L&K theres not enough room to get the piggy back fuse in, the fuses either foul the ones to the left or right (I guess these are for some of the extras that come on the L&K?).

Thinking of fuse 26 - Heated Front Seats, that should be switched I reckon...... Edited by skyjawa

Well, that's a pain. Tried every other fuse I was happy to and all were live grrrrr.

In the end I had to slightly bend the fuse tap connectors so it angled the fuses away and up slightly away from the other fuse in the way (which the manual says that slot is not used lol!) and still use the rear wiper one.

Not ideal but all sorted now!

Edited by skyjawa

Just wanted to confirm something here. Has everyone who has two cams, i.e. front and rear separate ones, not dual cam system, wired them both to the same fuse?

This i what i have done. However i have had a few instances where the cams have not shut down or where recordings have frozen. 

I am going to try some different memory cards in them to see if it makes any difference.

I've got a three-socket holder buried in the dash with the two dashcams and satnav plugged in. The holder is wired to one fuse. Haven't had any problems at all. Power sufficient for all three. IIRC it's the rear wiper fuse.

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH IR (with over the cloud) Power magic pro fitted behind glove box (as this seems to be the norm) rear camera wiring fed through with tailgate harness, small groove filed into upper tailgate trim to allow for wiring, then ran along headlining towards front camera.

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH IR (with over the cloud) Power magic pro fitted behind glove box (as this seems to be the norm) rear camera wiring fed through with tailgate harness, small groove filed into upper tailgate trim to allow for wiring, then ran along headlining towards front camera. post-72580-0-11972800-1462732769_thumb.jpgpost-72580-0-91336300-1462732792_thumb.jpgpost-72580-0-28076600-1462732815_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH IR (with over the cloud) Power magic pro fitted behind glove box (as this seems to be the norm) rear camera wiring fed through with tailgate harness, small groove filed into upper tailgate trim to allow for wiring, then ran along headlining towards front camera. attachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0003.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0004.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0002.jpg

What does the front look like from outside?

I've mounted to the side of the mirror to keep it all as discrete as possible - view is a little off centre but even the Mrs didn't notice it and she knew I'd fitted it

I've mounted to the side of the mirror to keep it all as discrete as possible - view is a little off centre but even the Mrs didn't notice it and she knew I'd fitted it

post-72580-0-74110000-1463175357_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing that one - just what I wanted to see how it looked :)

• 4 weeks later...

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH IR (with over the cloud) Power magic pro fitted behind glove box (as this seems to be the norm) rear camera wiring fed through with tailgate harness, small groove filed into upper tailgate trim to allow for wiring, then ran along headlining towards front camera. IMG-20160508-WA0003.jpg IMG-20160508-WA0004.jpg IMG-20160508-WA0002.jpg

Im hopefully attempting the same setup on a combi tomorrow,can you offer any tips on how best to get the wiring through the tailgate harness and across behind the trim?

Guys

Had a similar issue with my car. Managed to use the fuse that powers the airbag warning light on the dash. Turns out it's an ignition only fuse too

My setup. Front cam powered from USB slot rear from front cig socket. Would use the rear one but the dog lives in that space and he is "chewey"

Blackvue DR650GW-2CH IR (with over the cloud) Power magic pro fitted behind glove box (as this seems to be the norm) rear camera wiring fed through with tailgate harness, small groove filed into upper tailgate trim to allow for wiring, then ran along headlining towards front camera. attachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0003.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0004.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20160508-WA0002.jpg

I do like the Blackvue, have you thought about sticking the pad to the etched part behind the mirror so the lens part sticks out to the left?? Thats what I'd do.

I'll post my pic up when I get a chance.

Edited by davitc