HID H7 Kits for Fabia with Projector Headlights

Thanks ryno, just been out to have a look and yes there is a small label I totally missed it must be getting senile , both say 5000k , so I wonder why both lights when on don't look the same.?

Should the electrodes be facing up...? Does this make any difference or as long as both bulbs are installed the same way and both electrodes facing the same way it doesn't really matter..? Just asking as I can't remember how I plugged in mine...

Thanks ryno, just been out to have a look and yes there is a small label I totally missed it must be getting senile , both say 5000k , so I wonder why both lights when on don't look the same.?

Had exactly the same feeling but trust me. It's just your eyes. Both bulbs match perfectly.

Everywhere I have researched suggests the wire goes at the top. Saying that though, can't remember which way mine are now and I refuse to take them out just to check as they look fine.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thing is when H.i.ds looked at the pics. I sent , they agreed the bulbs did not look the same colour, if the wire made any difference I thought he would have asked me how I had installed them, will have a look when it gets dark , am wondering whether to swop  the ballast around and see if this makes any difference, if they still look the same in darkness

Thing is when H.i.ds looked at the pics. I sent , they agreed the bulbs did not look the same colour, if the wire made any difference I thought he would have asked me how I had installed them, will have a look when it gets dark , am wondering whether to swop the ballast around and see if this makes any difference, if they still look the same in darkness

I agree that they look different colours in the pic but they are at slightly different angles, can you get a decent head on pic?

The return wire makes no odds to the light colour. It can throw a shadow on the road directly in front of the car that's all. If there is no shadow there is no problem ;-)

The bulb cannot go in any other way than with the electrode facing up.

Ideally you'd want to have the electrode on the bottom when twisted to avoid the shadow, but because of how our bulb holders work, unless you get a mirrored set or holders, then there's no way to do this (apart from mashing them up).

99% of all retro fit kits do not have washers or headlight levellers.

There are so many threads that discuss this and it's a loop hole if nothing else.

If your unsure just ask at your local MOT testers.

It's not so much the kits that are illegal but the bulbs, and as the testers can't remove anything from your car they can't be checked. As long as the beam pattern us correct, which it should be in a projector lens you're all good. I would not advise you fit these kits in a reflector unit.

I have the kit in my Monte and it's been checked for levelling by an MOT station and they said when it comes to the time of MOT it will pass. No washers or levellers present.

Edited by jonro2009

Does the vrs have projector or reflector lenses, I can't recall. If it's projector then yes, if reflector then you can do it but the scatter of light is shocking and dazzling to other drivers.

Will be fine then mate. Should be no trouble at all. Have a look through the thread for the kits people are using then make your choice. Different wattage options and colour temps so think about what you want before you order.

The general consensus is that a 35w kit with 5000k or 6000k bulb is the way forward

As Jonro and Taylor said. Your car won't fail the MOT test if your lights are levelled once HID Kit is fitted. My car was fitted with the kit last Thursday and first thing said to myself was "why didn't I fit one 3 years ago" so buy decent kit (check this thread to see what peeps bought), fit it and enjoy.

I was lucky enough to have access to two kits, 6000k and 5000k both look great and nice and I decided to swap my 6000k bulbs with 5000k ones and that's what I prefer. My few posts with pics of my kit fitted showing the 6000k ones. I'll post few pics with 5000k soon so you can see the difference.

Matty