Some cheap roof bars for the octavia

I bought one too from Lidl Uxbridge. Not able to fit it yet as its peeing it with rain. Includes an 1x Alan key and 2x keys for locking the bars to the car.

Here's what they look like:

14137436315_9ecc2cd054_b.jpg

13950738577_da2b59e61e_b.jpg

14137667114_2634d0b5ca_b.jpg

14134672802_717b477b77_b.jpg

14114431106_102c5da059_b.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up a set and tried them out. They are not the finest quality and I'm sure there's a limit on the number of times they can be mounted before something goes in the locking mechanism,

However, for the few times I'm going to use them, I think they are a bargain.

Mind you, I have yet to put the roof box on them, load it and drive a few hundred miles!

I bought a set today too, it says they come with a three year warranty so in theory if the locking mechanism does go then you can get a replacement... although if they fail whilst doing 70mph you may have bigger issues to contend with.

• Like 1

Got a set today, get car next week. Should be enough time for one of you to try them on. So not opened mine yet. However it says on the pack they fit, if they don't then they go back.

So confidence is high that these are good? I plan to use them on a 2000mile round trip to the Côte d'Azur and I don't fancy the roof box falling off on the Peages

So confidence is high that these are good? I plan to use them on a 2000mile round trip to the Côte d'Azur and I don't fancy the roof box falling off on the Peages

I did the south of France driving holiday last year including Monaco. Yes I would use mine on the journey down there for sure. I think they are ok. But I guess you get what you pay for. They ain't like my old quick release bars I had that were too small

Good to know - thanks.

Found some links about these roof bars if anyone is interested:

Product page

http://www.flli-menabo.it/mnb_upload/29988__BRIOXL.pdf

Instructions

http://www.flli-menabo.it/mnb_upload/58985__BRIO.pdf

Fitting instructions

Comments from other owners

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aluminium-roof-bars-set-2-lidl-26-99-1237032#comments

I know nothing about roof rails but am tempted by these for my new Octovia Estate.

Will they be compatible with any other roof box/cylce carrier etc or would you have to buy these to suit?

Stupid question but are the cars roof bars designed for bars to be clamped to them....just thinking that by right they should be screwed into chasis.

Should be compatible with any roof box... I know they work with mine OK..   :happy:

these are comptable with most roofboxes, and most cars as well, no roof rails required either.

you dont even need any tools to fit them, but would you trust them.

you wanna be the first to try them out and report back if they do the job hahaha

http://vimeo.com/18965348

Not sure it's such a wise idea those vacu-rack things... would you really want all the weight bearing down on the roof panel itself as opposed to the framework at the edges... I think not!

Thanks for the tip off. I picked up a set on Friday lunch-time.

They look fine and are a damn site cheaper than the Thule equivalent - for the amount of use they're going to get, I'm really pleased with them...

Any tips for cycle racks and top-boxes now? :-)

Picked a set up last night from my local Lidl - not sure if I'll use them on the Fabia (as they fit it as well) before the Octy arrives but at £27, worth having handy - even if I only use them once or twice.

I know nothing about roof rails but am tempted by these for my new Octovia Estate.

Will they be compatible with any other roof box/cylce carrier etc or would you have to buy these to suit?

cant comment on all roof boxes but they do work on my Halfords (short and wide) box and Thule (long narrow) box.