Coding / Adaptation Help required

• 2 months later...

This doesn't work for me on my new Octavia vRS, picked up yesterday. I've tried following the combined instructions at http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#entry3821291. I've managed to do step 1:

Access Module 09 - enter security code 31347
Go to (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant and change to 'PRESENT'

And step 3:

Access Module A5
Go to Long Coding, change byte 2 Bit 0 to a "1" or use drop down menu to select "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist"

But try as I might I can't find what step 2 is referring to:

Go to controller 09 - Long Coding
Change Byte 2 Bit 0-2 to a value of 03 using the dropdown menu

What is "controller 09"? Is that the same as "module 09" listed in step 1?

I can't find anything that shows up as the "5Q0 937 084 BCM MQBAB H H16 0124" control module shown in the screenshot at http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b413/Philip_Mitchell/HBA/HBAstep7_zps6c4d4212.jpg, the closest I can find is "5Q0 937 086 AA BCM PQ37BOSCH 028 0104".

If I look at the "Current coding" for the module in my car it looks identical to that in the screenshot above, with the exception of the bits in byte 2 that have been changed, but for me VCDS doesn't show a pull-down for bits 0-2. Should I just manually set byte 2 to 0x0B? Or is it possible that Skoda have changed the config of the latest Octavia vRS models and that enabling high beam assist is no longer possible?

Thanks,

It will be possible, you need to do the coding manually then by editing the binary value. Use VCDS 14.7.2, the 12 versions are fairly limited on the MQB platform. Controller and module 09 are the same, the BCM, or as VCDS likes to still call it, Central Electronics.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes you can - I'll do it for a third of the list price at £100 LOL :) - only kidding - we will sort it on Sunday

I'm sure technically I get a cut of that :-D

• Like 1

Just tick Bit 0 as well and it should work :)

Indeed it does, I had already got brave and set it anyway :-) At first I thought it wasn't working properly as it didn't come on to main beam until I got to about 45MPH, and tearing round a twisty lane on only dipped lights wondering if main bean would kick in was...interesting :sweat: I'll tweak the adaptions down some so I don't end up in a ditch.

Thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated :beer:

Anyone in Northern Ireland and like to try to code the high beam assist, traffic sign recognition and wing mirror tilt when reversing on a 2014 vrs??

• 1 month later...

This doesn't work for me on my new Octavia vRS, picked up yesterday. I've tried following the combined instructions at http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#entry3821291. I've managed to do step 1:

Access Module 09 - enter security code 31347Go to (2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant and change to 'PRESENT'
And step 3:

Access Module A5Go to Long Coding, change byte 2 Bit 0 to a "1" or use drop down menu to select "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist"
But try as I might I can't find what step 2 is referring to:

On mine Octavia 2015 module A5 is renamed to Module 20. Edited by Diff