Coding / Adaptation Help required

Yep defo have lane assist as turned that back on when I picked up the car and spent half the time on the journey back seeing just how much it will steer the car before telling me off.

ill have a look for the reset tomorrow morning 

9 hours ago, M7R said:

Yep defo have lane assist as turned that back on when I picked up the car and spent half the time on the journey back seeing just how much it will steer the car before telling me off.

ill have a look for the reset tomorrow morning 

Did a quick video @M7R Link To Light Reset Video

Cheers, found it under the factory reset on the way to work while in traffic. I think the cornering lamps are working now but not been able to give auto full beam another go as was always around other cars on the way in, will try again on Friday when I’m out early again for work and see what is what

• Like 1

These are the 2 fault codes I have, im sure it’s something stupidly simple that I have missed! (It still isn’t working as soon as you turn on full beam it flags the fault and goes back to being as per normal manual full beam on and off)

B4D35814-BE3F-4653-AA88-717B789C1235.jpeg

85AFC6B7-2352-41A0-AA6A-635ADE0248FA.jpeg

7 hours ago, Phillips said:

Did you scan the channel map before making the changes? @M7R

No foolishly as never had any issues before with coding things like this, but then again all the others have been tick and forget long coding.

I will try and turn it all back off again and see what is what

I have found a log of the scan I did on the day I got the car, would that help as it has the long coding shown before I started playing.

Edited by M7R

• 3 weeks later...

Had another go at this tonight and cracked it! One of the other posts I read said to clear the fault code after coding 09 Cetral electrics. This is not shown in the VCDS page.

did that and it seems to be working now while sat on the drive, the auto symbol comes up and stays on where as before it would flag a fault straight away.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, M7R said:

Had another go at this tonight and cracked it! One of the other posts I read said to clear the fault code after coding 09 Cetral electrics. This is not shown in the VCDS page.

did that and it seems to be working now while sat on the drive, the auto symbol comes up and stays on where as before it would flag a fault straight away.

Probably because that is taken as a given - if you have fault codes all over the modules you have just coded then maybe clearing them is a good idea even if to check you have the coding right and they don't come back .........

• Like 1

It is not clear that the coding makes the fault. all other coding I have done never makes a fault unless something has been coded wrong, and if you don’t clear it before coding the A5 module it will keep returning even if you do clear it.

either way from a search of the site I am not the only one who has had this issue.

Until you have coded all of the modules the others will have fault codes on them. When you have finished, clear the codes. Simples.

If you need telling to do that then you shouldn't be playing with VCDS.

Why would you expect a function to work when you have multiple fault codes on multiple modules related to that function?

First thing I do before performing any coding is clear all error codes and check they don't come back, and again after coding. Otherwise how are you sure you haven't made a mistake?

• Like 1

Oh, and the thread you are referring to is almost 4 years old, and was last amended 18 months ago, so to say the info and screenshots are a little out of date is an understatement.

A lot has changed with the MQB platform in the interim, we were at the cutting edge when those who helped compile and test those coding changes started pulling it all together. Many a long night learning German and poring over spreadsheets with 1000's of settings in pulled from many different variants of Octavia's, Golf's and Leon's. More importantly, the help of a good community of like minded individuals from all over Europe who were willing to experiment and contribute.

I can no longer unlock the thread to edit since the site refresh, if I could TBH I would probably delete it as other forums and even people selling dodgy Android software have just passed it off as their own work. Someone even had the cheek to start a thread on the Kodiaq forum the other day and call it 'Skoda Kodiaq OBDeleven Adaptations - tried and tested ' FFS and then had a load of info pulled directly from the O3 VCDS tried & tested thread.

Someone else can have the joy of working it all out again for the FL models :) I don't have the time anymore.

With the rise of OBD11 I no longer publish anything, there are too many users out there with a dangerous tool in their hand and not a scoobies as to what they are doing. And guess what, it will be mine or Briskoda's fault when they mess something up and end up with a repair bill in the £100's because they weren't told to do something or didn't follow the steps to the letter  .......

Another reason why I never posted anything to do with a safety system such as ABS etc - get that one wrong and you or someone else could end up dead.

At the end of the day, it is all at your own risk.

• Like 3

Ahh you see that’s what I do... but in this case you need to code the central electrics.

clear the fault in that module

THEN go and code A5.

if you wait till coding A5 and then clear all the faults it kept coming back.

no idea why, but doing it the way above clearing the codes as each module was coded work, and others seem to say the same.

I am not a pioneer when it comes to coding, i.e. going and working out turn on XYZ in this module etc, but I have done a lot of other stuff on mk6 and earlier cars for my self and other folks inc a number of retro fits etc so I am used to clearing codes

and checking for errors.

edit - don’t get me wrong I’m not having a go and I know the threads old, but the main info is still there, and the one key step may help others if they search and find this post.

i also know what it’s like to write how to guides. I haven’t done coding Guides’s but back in the day I did a number of guides for a club I was in on minis only for others to later on try and pass off my work as their own

Edited by M7R

I've never had that problem on the many (probably about 50 now) I have done, but different revisions of controllers and different revisions of VCDS can give differing results.

It can all depend on how you clear codes as well - on the MQB some codes just won't go away unless you go in to the controller itself and clear the code from there rather than using the 'Clear all DTC's' option - it may be that the clear all DTCs isn't clearing them in the order they need to be cleared.

Mine is a Nov 13 reg car so pretty early build, and using the latest VCDS.

I don’t normally use the clear all codes as I have found in the past it doesn’t always work due to the order. 

Either way live and learn, I won’t make the same mistake again where multiple modules need to be coded to activate something, I will always check for error codes now

On 27/10/2017 at 09:11, M7R said:

No foolishly as never had any issues before with coding things like this

@M7R If you have even done the slightest bit of research into what VCDS can do you would read that coding without taking baseline scans of where you are working first is lunacy. No matter how good you think you are at it.

Even that does not always protect you as those of us who ended up unpicking the MY16 issues found out, but you should be doing that as a minimum.

Unless you are careful and methodical you can cause issues with your car that will be difficult if not impossible to undo.

You may get help here but you may not get much sympathy if you have not done the basics to help yourself.

I've been around VCDS Since about 2000 and I've coded a reasonable number of different platforms in that time, I've just ordered a new HEX-V2 cable for my O3 FL vRS.

Now usually the first thing that I would do is do a full scan so I have a baseline coding values for the car, however as I understand it now - for any controller with Zero coding I will now need to do an AdMap scan of the controller, is that correct?

Shame everything is in German in my 09 controller - I'm using Google Translate a lot - LOL.

On 13/11/2017 at 08:14, Phillips said:

I keep getting "traffic sign recognition restricted" popup at the minute. Need to take a look and see why its doing it...

As far as I'm aware there is no fix for this. Presumably you have enabled traffic sign recognition?

17 minutes ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Now usually the first thing that I would do is do a full scan so I have a baseline coding values for the car, however as I understand it now - for any controller with Zero coding I will now need to do an AdMap scan of the controller, is that correct?

Correct. And not only that.

Best practise is to do adp. channel map for ALL modules before doing any codings.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mtl said:

Correct. And not only that.

Best practise is to do adp. channel map for ALL modules before doing any codings.

I guess I'd better set aside some time when I get my new cable - is there a master list of login codes to use adp channel for all modules?

20 hours ago, ahenners said:

As far as I'm aware there is no fix for this. Presumably you have enabled traffic sign recognition?

@ahenners yeah it works faultlessly apart from the notice that pops up once every time I restart the car. Think ill just disable it, I don't even use it :D 

Edited by Phillips