Coding / Adaptation Help required

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help with High Beam Assist (Lights assist) for Skoda Superb 3  (2016) with VCDS

I'm follow the instructions from here:  https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-light-assist-2017/

By step:

STG 09

Coding 07

Byte 3, check/tick bit 2,  >>> I dont have this...

Im using VCDS 17.8 version and I get the following error message, see attachment:

HBA coding 07.jpg

Edited by skodasuperb2018

Newer modules don't use coding any more, only adaptation channels (as the message suggests) - the clue is that the coding is all zeroes.

3 hours ago, SWBoy said:

Newer modules don't use coding any more, only adaptation channels (as the message suggests) - the clue is that the coding is all zeroes.

So what is it then by adaption? I would like to activate High beam assist for skoda superb 3 2016, can anyone help on this?

i use this VCDS code: https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-light-assist-2017/

• 4 months later...

Hi , 

i have all the latest VCDS cable and software , 

and i want to enable the  High Beam Assist (Lights assist) for Skoda karoq.

the Car is equipped  with

front assist

light sensor

and rain sensor . 

Is not equipped with Lane assist ,

can i enable it with just the Light-rain sensor ? (2 small sensors in front of the mirros glass windscreen)

Edited by Tezaman

22 minutes ago, Tezaman said:

i want to enable the  High Beam Assist (Lights assist) for Skoda karoq.

can i enable it with just the Light-rain sensor ? (2 small sensors in front of the mirros glass windscreen)

Nope... It needs a front facing camera for high beam assist. The RLS is not a camera :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Nope... It needs a front facing camera for high beam assist. The RLS is not a camera :)

@themanwithnoaim - you mentioned that it could work on the Rain/Light sensors? I have seen other places mention it but never show the coding or how it's done. 

Any chance you know where to find them?

3 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

@themanwithnoaim - you mentioned that it could work on the Rain/Light sensors? I have seen other places mention it but never show the coding or how it's done. 

Do you mean auto headlights or high beam assist?

Auto headlights turns the dipped/low beams on/off when it's dark enough. This uses the RLS sensor.

High beam assist turns the high/main beams on/off to avoid causing glare to other drivers. This needs a front facing camera:

- Lowline cameras show up at address 20 and are built into the rear view mirror mount.

- Highline camera show up at address A5 and are also capable of lane assist or sign assist.

If you haven't got a camera, it's impossible for high beam assist to function...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Do you mean auto headlights or high beam assist?

Auto headlights turns the dipped/low beams on/off when it's dark enough. This uses the RLS sensor.

High beam assist turns the high/main beams on/off to avoid causing glare to other drivers. This needs a front facing camera:

- Lowline cameras show up at address 20 and are built into the rear view mirror mount.

- Highline camera show up at address A5 and are also capable of lane assist or sign assist.

If you haven't got a camera, it's impossible for high beam assist to function...

Just going from what I've seen around here.

My current car has a grill on the back of my mirror and the diodes in the base. Bi-xenon with AFS lights.

My new car has front assist? Would that be in a better shape to enable HBA? 

Just now, gRoberts said:

Just going from what I've seen around here.

My current car has a grill on the back of my mirror and the diodes in the base. Bi-xenon with AFS lights.

My new car has front assist? Would that be in a better shape to enable HBA? 

Front assist is a radar unit, it's not used for HBA I'm afraid.

This is an example lowline camera:

cameralowline.jpg

This is an example highline camera (cutout above the RLS):

camerahighline.jpg

4 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

My old car MY14 1.4 TSI ELEGANCE (SE L) had only the lowline camera & that had HBA so it must be do-able

I think in a previous discussion things may have got a little confused as you mentioned that having the RLS would make it possible? 

12 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

I think in a previous discussion things may have got a little confused as you mentioned that having the RLS would make it possible? 

There's no confusion, the MY14 Elegance didn't have front assist, Active Criuse Control or any type of camera other than RLS but, it had HBA.

What's confusing? 

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

What's confusing? 

You mentioned you had the lowline camera:

image.png.c0b54297be91d6c05cebb4b5d0a1489c.png

I have RLS (i.e. Bi-xenon lights, with AFS, coming home, auto lights and rain sensors) however I don't have anything pictured in the above.

I'll double check but I only have two little dots visible on the windscreen (where the mirror is attached) and what appears to a grille (similar to the microphone grille) where the camera is shown in the square above?

47 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

There's no confusion, the MY14 Elegance didn't have front assist, Active Criuse Control or any type of camera other than RLS but, it had HBA.

What's confusing? 

It's confusing as statements like that make it appear the RLS is doing HBA.

The RLS is not a camera and it cannot perform HBA. However, low line camera's are often built in the rear view mirror mount which is probably where the confusion is coming from. The RLS should show as a subsystem to the BCM whereas a lowline camera will appear as a separate module at address 20.

I assume you actually had a lowline camera fitted below the RLS much like the Octavia below. You might need to zoom in as the picture isn't idea ;)

hba.thumb.jpg.c75610907bc0c97c14cc5e844b87ca9f.jpg

16 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

My old car MY14 1.4 TSI ELEGANCE (SE L) had only the lowline camera & that had HBA so it must be do-able

I have a MY15 1.4TSI Elegance with lowlife camera and have HBA working, easily done using VCDS.

Edited by PetrolDave

12 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I have a MY15 1.4TSI Elegance with lowlife camera and have HBA working, easily done using VCDS.

If you have lowline camera under the rearview mirror you have it, because the car had HBA already from factory, so it was not done using VCDS or any other tool.
You cannot get lowline camera from factory in any other way as to order HBA.

Only one other option to have lowline camere is to retrofit it yourself.

31 minutes ago, mtl said:

If you have lowline camera under the rearview mirror you have it, because the car had HBA already from factory, so it was not done using VCDS or any other tool.
You cannot get lowline camera from factory in any other way as to order HBA.

Only one other option to have lowline camere is to retrofit it yourself.

To clarify - I changed the settings of HBA with VCDS so that it defaults to on instead of resetting to off every time you turn the ignition off, which I found really annoying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

To clarify - I changed the settings of HBA with VCDS so that it defaults to on instead of resetting to off every time you turn the ignition off, which I found really annoying.

Well, that is a completelly different story and not what was first written...

12 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

I think you'll find it is now set to retain whatever the previous setting was on start-up. Try turning HBA off when you stop but, before you turn the engine off, I'm pretty sure the car will restart with HBA off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I think you'll find it is now set to retain whatever the previous setting was on start-up. Try turning HBA off when you stop but, before you turn the engine off, I'm pretty sure the car will restart with HBA off.

It didn't behave like that when I collected it from the dealer - HBA was turned off every time I turned the ignition on, hence why I made the VCDS change 

Controller  09 – Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10- Adaptations

Change “Assistenzlichtfunktionen-Fernlichtassistent Reset” from “aktiv” to “nicht aktiv”

17 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

2 hours ago, mtl said:

Read carefully what themanwithnoaim has written and you will see that he is correct ;).

Read again and you will see he is NOT correct about how my car now behaves - he says "Try turning HBA off when you stop but, before you turn the engine off, I'm pretty sure the car will restart with HBA off" and I said " I changed the settings of HBA with VCDS so that it defaults to on instead of resetting to off every time you turn the ignition off ".

So the VCDS change I made makes what the manwithnoaim said INCORRECT.

Edited by PetrolDave