Full leather - rare?

Ive been looking at VRS's for a month or so online and it would seem that full leather is very rare to find.   

Is that the case or is it just that cars for sale in that time have mainly had standard seats? 

You are right about it being rare. 

When looking for mine I only found one and that had gone by the time it was advertised.  In the end I went for the half leather/alcantara combo and am really happy with it.

I had a E30 M3 a few years ago and in weather like we have at the moment I found the full leather 'uncomfortable' at times.  Half leather is a good compromise and cooler to sit on! :sun:

I live in Scotland, we dont see the sun......I know what you mean though.  My other cars have leather and it doesnt bother me to much, what does is during the winter when its freezing so heated is better.  Leather is more appealing for getting clean as well. 

I suppose another question would be does it make the VRS more desirable if it has it or is it one of those nice to have things that are a small bonus?

Mine has leather, and it was one of the factors that helped my decision to buy it. In the month or so that I was looking, I only found one other FL vRS with leather.

I'm not a fan of cloth/alcanatra - I find leather so much easier to keep clean

In June 2013 when I was searching for a vRS I viewed 6 - 2 had full leather.  Drove one with leather on a hot day - definitely won't buy with full leather seats.  Much prefer the car with 'standard' seats that I finally purchased.

My black 2010 vRS has full leather.  It's no problem in warm weather providing I've remembered to park up to avoid direct sun at home time. The aircon cuts in soon enough though. Still looks like new.

I've a white 60 plate dsg with full leather, xenons, bluetooth, rear park sensors, auto lights/wipers & new unmarked gemini alloys (with new conti tyes) from the mk3 vrs which will be up for sale soon. I've got a new car on order for Sept/Oct delivery....

From what I can remember when speccing my vRS back in 2007, leather was something like a £1495 option on the pre FL vRS. I wasn't tempted at that price and not surprised there are few vRS with leather prior to the 2009 pre FL LE which came with full leather as standard.

My '10 vRS FL Estate has full leather - I specced it from new, along with Columbus, Xenons, DSG, curtain airbags & spare.

I'm aware the seat backs aren't leather, but I'm happy with what it is. Car still smells new and 'leathery' now, years later.

Oh and, importantly, it's a petrol car and therefore a rocket-ship!

Car is 4 years old now, and I can't think what I would swap it for!

I've had a few great cars over the years, including an awesome TVR Chimaera, but my Octy is still the best all round car I've ever had.

Dunc

Something I would never want to have again in a car. Sticky in summer, cold in winter.

My mrs is exactly the same mate it's a hard job getting in whatever the weather. Good job my vRS is always there when I need to let off some steam haha

Mine also has Leather, Spec'd it up to have it it was on my "must haves list" and to be fair with the discount at the time it was a no brainer.

I'm glad its a rare option as it will make mine easier to sell.

From what I can remember when speccing my vRS back in 2007, leather was something like a £1495 option on the pre FL vRS. I wasn't tempted at that price and not surprised there are few vRS with leather prior to the 2009 pre FL LE which came with full leather as standard.

I was trying to remember back to speccing my 07 VRS and I thought that leather wasn't even an option on the VRS. You might be right, it was a long time ago.