Alex's red Mk1 Fabia vRS BMN/BLT 16v hybrid - GTBvklr

alex_e3

Oh god, don't you start on the Corsa front as well ;)  I already get enough abuse from Kev, Southy, Lofty, Joe and Dan about it! I swear it's the fastest car in the world!!

Indeed, it's just to get me by. Although I'm looking at buying nearly new or leasing new very soon. Keep the Fabia as a project and car for nice weather :)

• Like 1

He will start defending it next. 'it is actually quite a nippy wee car!', he will say, and it will only be downhill from there. We need to intervene when he gets to,' it's great about town's, because once he says,'i am thinking of keeping it and selling the Fabia', he is lost.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex dropped his block and crankshaft off with myself last Friday for machining. Will be cracking on with that over the next couple of weeks and supplying himself with the pictures etc

• Like 2

Legend!

Beat me to it!

Custom auxiliary bracket is nicely welded up...

36939103936_9c23b7a5c4_z.jpg

36291932494_2d2d4fd9cd_z.jpg

That's about it at the minute. Still have Joe's vRS in my unit, waiting on parts again. Once Adam's worked his magic, I'll post the pics on here! From there, the block and brand new pistons are off to Camcoat for ceramic coating :)

Oh yeah, and these arrived... :)

36939103026_88aa5feaea_z.jpg

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 2

I may be wrong, but i dont like the allen key exhaust bolts :D probably be fine for nwo but after a while will round off. just saying  :peek:

Great turbo anyway, one of the builds i cant wait to see finished :)

Not finished reading all this yet, but i noticed many pages back that you had your roof, spoiler and mirror covers painted black. I think I am from round your area ( I recognise a few place names). Please could you tell me the name of the body shop that you used, as when I clicked on the link no Web page could be displayed.

Many thanks

Andy

I may be wrong, but i dont like the allen key exhaust bolts :D probably be fine for nwo but after a while will round off. just saying  :peek:

Great turbo anyway, one of the builds i cant wait to see finished :)

To be honest I was wondering myself why it doesn't have stud and nuts...   I need to have a proper nose at the bolts - make sure they're good quality.

Not finished reading all this yet, but i noticed many pages back that you had your roof, spoiler and mirror covers painted black. I think I am from round your area ( I recognise a few place names). Please could you tell me the name of the body shop that you used, as when I clicked on the link no Web page could be displayed.

Many thanks

Andy

It was somewhere I was recommended. It was (I think) a Polish chap who did the work - did a really good job to be fair! Perhaps he's gone back home now or had to wrap the company up...  I haven't been past there for ages.

Adam (southy on here) has got to work on my engine block today...

36291931074_74ec5ca71a_z.jpg

36291930524_70be906362_z.jpg

He's boring to 2 litre, honing, light 'truth' decking the top, and a chemical bath. Top work! So a big shout out to him :)

After this is done, the block will be sent to Camcoat for a professional coating. The brand new 2 litre pistons are being sent at the same time for their triple ceramic coating process. I'm contemplating sending the exhaust manifold/turbo exhaust housing to them too.

Coming along slowly, but getting expensive!

Edited by alex_e3
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

some great information and some amazing determination and skills displayed here.

How is this getting along? any more progress on the ceramic coated pistons, block etc?

Would be very interesting to see if Faboka can get the stock ECU to run, fuel and control the 16v setup.

• Like 1

Cheers for that!

Progress has been slow over the summer, due to having Joe's rebuild to contend with. All being well, I'm picking the block up off Adam tomorrow. So I'll be stripping that back with some Deox-C before it goes to get ceramic coated, along with the pistons and turbo manifold & snails.

I bloody hope he can after all this ha ha! Should be fine he reckons. Now that the engine picks up on the correct timing locations.