SuperSkoda ALL MODELS Bonnet Strut Group Buy updated 17/08/14

Big apologies guys, still not sent as I run out of material again.... But they are now all packed, took bloody ages!! I will try and get some booked tomorrow in work, want have time tomorrow night so at least o may be able to get a few out. But I PROMISE to get these out this week!!

Sorry again guys about the big delay its taken bloody ages! Starting to wish I didn't do this now haha!! Hope you can all understand this has taken up a big chunk of my time and does take a while to get it all sorted. I still haven't even fitted mine yet.

Anyway here's a picture for you! :)

post-100207-14114994057641_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, just really don't want to p**s anyone off with the time it's taken that's all.

Haha yeah all marked up with model and years :) some are marked up with names, but I have given up for tonight. If I have to pack another thing in the next few months I think I will freak :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaps

Picked mine up from Keechy yesterday and fitted it this evening. I'm not overly happy with it to be honest as it has seemed to lift my bonnet marginally. I tried very hard not to move the bonnet when fitting the top bracket and although it moved I got it back perfectly into the marked position. However, on closing the bonnet it is definitely raised on one side, albeit marginally.

So here is a heads up to take great care with the first step as per the video. I wonder whether it is simply a consequence of the bracket being there though.

Also mine barely has the power to lift the bonnet.

So overall am disappointed and looking at bonnet alignment this evening...

Adam

True. It could be my fault though so interested to see others' experience. As I say my bonnet moved marginally which is irritating but I'm pretty sure I got it back into position. However, I suspect the presence of the bracket means you can't quite tighten things to the extent they were before....

Looking at the pictures, I cannot see any reason for the bonnet operation to be impeded by the strut so it

True. It could be my fault though so interested to see others' experience. As I say my bonnet moved marginally which is irritating but I'm pretty sure I got it back into position. However, I suspect the presence of the bracket means you can't quite tighten things to the extent they were before....

Looking at the superskoda pictures nothing strikes me as obviously impeding the operation of the bonnet. I suspect the bonnet is slightly out of alignment hence the raised appearance.

The Octavia Bonnet is heavy, as is the one on my A8 which has two lifters, I wouldn't expect a single strut to be able to open the bonnet. However it should be able to support the bonnet in the open position without any bother.

Manny

Agreed on the weight and it does support fine if not lift well. I suspect I have misaligned mine as you say and this is really a warning to others.

Note though I am not saying the bonnet operation is impeded as such, more that the bracket prevents exact alignment because the hinge cannot be physically pulled as tight to the bonnet with the bracket in place (it isn't quite square).