207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

With less weight and no 4wd powertrain loss, I guess - traction aside - you're in similar performance territory to a mapped CR170 now.

Yes, other than off the line and out of tight corners I'd imagine it's quite similar to a 200-210bhp remapped CR170 Yeti now.

Sorry guys, came down with a bad case of man flu!!

The car is everything I hoped it would be, the acceleration from standing and at speed is fantastic. There's a little more lag than before but so much as to spoil the driving experience.

I can't reccomend this upgrade enough for anyone with a 1.6tdi which makes what I have to announce next all the harder.

I've been offered a new job which is going to mean a big move, the car will be going and so I need to return it pretty much back to standard!!!

The long and short is that there are going to be a lot of bits up for grabs and some bargains on nearly new parts.

- S3 Intercooler

- CR177 Turbo

- DarkSide Developments hard pipe work kit (1.6tdi or 2.0tdi)

- Milltek DPF back exhaust with twin Jettex pipes

- Eibach Pro Kit Springs (will fit all Yeti varients and other VAG cars)

- Bilstein B4 Front Shocks

- 312mm Big Brake Upgrade (Hubs, Callipers, Carriers, Discs, Pads, new brake lines)

- Whiteline front and rear adjustable Anit Roll Bars

I'll put an add in the 'for sale' section but feel free to message me if you want to secure any parts.

• Like 1

What's the new job that means you can't keep the car?

Looks like you've spent a bit, but should get a fair amount back with the popularity of the 1.6tdi.

No 2nd Yeti at Castle Combe then? :(

Sorry guys, came down with a bad case of man flu!!

The car is everything I hoped it would be, the acceleration from standing and at speed is fantastic. There's a little more lag than before but so much as to spoil the driving experience.

I can't reccomend this upgrade enough for anyone with a 1.6tdi which makes what I have to announce next all the harder.

I've been offered a new job which is going to mean a big move, the car will be going and so I need to return it pretty much back to standard!!!

Well, congrats to Darrell on a great project thread - sorry to see it ending so quickly but also congrats on the new job!

Update time!!!

The car is going back to Shark on Friday just to tweek things a little more and track down a droning noise which appears above 40mph and increases as you speed up, any ideas?

Exciting news is that I've landed some sponsorship to help cover the costs of getting around the events so Sharky is now officially sponsored by Mitchell Skoda in Elsmere Port :)

• Like 3

Will be great to get the update

Mine is running so well at the moment with the map and standard turbo that I'm a bit loathe to upset the applecart and put the big turbo on it

• Like 1

If you do strip the car, which woudl be a bit of a shame, I'd be interested in the full 312mm brake package.

Alternatively, you could try and negotiate with the outfit that supplied the car, I've done that before and got myself a nice discount. At least around here, the lease companies don't actually want to have to take the car back...

• Like 1

Will be great to get the update

Mine is running so well at the moment with the map and standard turbo that I'm a bit loathe to upset the applecart and put the big turbo on it

By the time we've worked out all the kinks you should be worry free, in terms of driving, if you drive normal theres so much more grunt low down that the round town mpg has improved!!

Ill give you a little feedback to be going on with ;)

Cruise it at a steady 70 - 75 and I'm still seeing high 50's as an average. Put your foot down through every gear (I've only managed to do  that up to 4th so far) and you forget the mpg as it throws you back in your seat! Wheel spin is easily controlled due to the smooth torque delivery but it will pull all the way into the red line with no indication it is running out of steam. 

One of my friends owns a garage in town who sponsor a Jaguar racing team, i took him for a spin and he couldn't believe it was a 1.6tdi, what Shark Performance have accomplished has exceeded my expectations. There were always going to be a few gremlins as its new territory, at least in the UK, but that doesn't diminish from the driving experience of what is now a very quick 1.6tdi. 

Something to ponder, Ben is convinced that with a DPF delete/stainless steel downpipe we could see 200+ bhp, I know its not everyone's cup of tea and if i was to go there it would be proper downpipe and not gutting DPF. The only thing holding the engine back is the DPF as it can't handle the fuelling needed, another thought is maybe a larger DPF from the 2.0tdi's? 

• Like 1