VRS Fabia comments from Skoda soon

Ant FR

I agree with a lot that has been said here. Point being seat is aimed at being sporty, VW aimed at up market and sporty. Finally Skoda aimed at value for money, except is it really?

The mk1 fabia I'd disagree that it was expensive. Both the pug 206 etc worked out the same price, at 12k including paint it was priced right and offered so much bang for your buck. The mk2 however didn't and although everyone said it was a massive jump from the mk1 I never felt it was.

Skoda got it right with the mk1 but didn't with the mk2.

And if they do make a vRS how much do you think it will cost?

• Like 1

If it was just the same components and gearbox options as the VW Polo GTI 2015 and cost the same but came as an Estate,, 

Being sold at the same price as the VW Polo GTI 2015 Hatch but being more usable  might suit plenty of buyers.

How much were the last sold Mk1 vRS to buy 7 years ago at Skoda Dealers, Drive away price?

Edited by goneoffSKi

Probably going to get slated here but was the Fabia MK1 VRS really that sporty? Feels quick for sure but on paper its not that impressive, surely its popularity is in the used market as a solid base for tuning ?

The MK2 is a different beast though ie sporty out of the box and marketed as such. Most new car buyers dont want to modify their car. 

These figures are really surprising "Last year Skoda Registered 66,000 cars in the UK. 32,000 of them were Fabia mk2's.Only 500 were Mk2 vRS". I see about 4 Yeti's and Superbs on the road to every 1 Fabia MK2 I see and see more Octavia VRS's than I see Fabia MK2's.

I have to say having been pretty loyal to the brand and owning numerous Skodas I cant see my buying another in the near future , the brand and dealership experience has become too Volkswagen for my liking 

I seem to recall the Fabia MK1 VRS SE's being sold at around £16k back in 2007

Probably going to get slated here but was the Fabia MK1 VRS really that sporty?

I hope you're wearing fireproof underwear!

To be fair, most MK1 VRS owners know the limitations of their car. Having owned both I felt that the MK1, although punchy and nippy making best use of the reliable and torqey 1.9TDI engine was quick for the time and maybe not so much now.

The MK2 is obviously a lot quicker. But Skoda backed themselves into a corner with the DSG only configuration. And both cars do not handle great as stock....

Both cars are 'Sporty' compared to most of the dreary junk on the roads these days. But they are definitley not 'Hot'

its all part of the charm.

• Like 1

I hope you're wearing fireproof underwear!

To be fair, most MK1 VRS owners know the limitations of their car. Having owned both I felt that the MK1, although punchy and nippy making best use of the reliable and torqey 1.9TDI engine was quick for the time and maybe not so much now.

The MK2 is obviously a lot quicker. But Skoda backed themselves into a corner with the DSG only configuration. And both cars do not handle great as stock....

Both cars are 'Sporty' compared to most of the dreary junk on the roads these days. But they are definitley not 'Hot'

its all part of the charm.

I don't know. The MK1 could keep up with some decent machinery in a straight line if you gave it a decent map, it's just the tiny brakes, and while it had decent grip in the dry, you felt like the thing would tip over. I would of kept mine, but getting it over 200hp+ reliably to tussle with the big boys (with supporting handling upgrades) again costs £££.

Probably going to get slated here but was the Fabia MK1 VRS really that sporty? Feels quick for sure but on paper its not that impressive, surely its popularity is in the used market as a solid base for tuning ?

The MK2 is a different beast though ie sporty out of the box and marketed as such. Most new car buyers dont want to modify their car. 

These figures are really surprising "Last year Skoda Registered 66,000 cars in the UK. 32,000 of them were Fabia mk2's.Only 500 were Mk2 vRS". I see about 4 Yeti's and Superbs on the road to every 1 Fabia MK2 I see and see more Octavia VRS's than I see Fabia MK2's.

I have to say having been pretty loyal to the brand and owning numerous Skodas I cant see my buying another in the near future , the brand and dealership experience has become too Volkswagen for my liking 

I seem to recall the Fabia MK1 VRS SE's being sold at around £16k back in 2007

The fabia vrs se was 13k in 2007

Spoke with my local dealer last week regarding the new fabia, the dealer principle was just back from a 3 day jolly to Spain to try the new model. He said the vrs question had been raised and the reply was a definitive no to a new vrs.

Bottom line was the market isn't big enough.

I'm another who had hoped to buy one as my next car, guess I'll need to see what their idea of a sports model will be.

The Volkswagen Group are never going to say to Seat & Skoda Dealer (Salespeople) that a Warm or Hot Model will be available 1 year hence 

when the VW & Audi Dealers need to try to get the New Facelift Audi A1 1.8TSI 189 ps

& Facelift VW Polo GTI 1.8TSI 189 ps sold.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/facelifted-audi-a1-revealed

They sold less than 500 A1 185ps in the UK and less than half as many MK5 Polo GTI in the UK compared to the 

Fabia MK2 vRS.

If the R5 Fabia is a success in Rallying and VW say Skoda should produce one based on it for sale, Skoda will.

But then if the Facelifted Polo & A1 do not sell, they might be sitting around at reduced prices anyway.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...

Mk III vRS Estate please; DSG essential with paddles, forget a manual; who wants to spend 3hrs doing 2miles on the M25 pumping a clutch.

Who wants to spend 3 hours on the M25 full stop.

You're never going to get a MK III vRS hatch never mind an estate, better start looking at Octavias if the flappy paddles are what you're after.

No amount of posting on forums is going to change their minds, they're going to have to sell normal MK III's first, which at the initial prices they're quoting doesn't bode well before they even consider a niche model like a vRS estate.

You have no idea what is coming, you are guessing.

Lets see what the Estate Outdoor is like, & the Monte Carlo, and what ever else they might or might not come up with.

Flappy paddles is a rather over used term, and many that want autos have little interest in them.

You have no idea what is coming, you are guessing.

Lets see what the Estate Outdoor is like, & the Monte Carlo, and what ever else they might or might not come up with.

Flappy paddles is a rather over used term, and many that want autos have little interest in them.

You're right, no one knows what's coming, what I do know is they're going to sell a car that would be ideal for me so as long as the figures match up and it's better than the car it replaces then happy days.

As for flappy paddles, the OP's already said in the post that he wants a DSG with paddles,that's why I mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...