What Mods Have You Done To Your Car?

Hi there,

I have just got back home after having fitted a DTM Spoiler to the front of my car, and I was wondering what other modifications people have made to their Octavia III's. 

So far I have fitted inserts to go in the seat raisers that say vRS, fitted wind deflectors to the windows and a bumper protector to the back bumper, as well as the spoiler fitted today.

I suppose the point of this topic is to see what others have done to their cars good and bad.

IMG_3104_zps30bcbc66.jpg

Hi,

Where from did you buy all these parts? 

Eibach sport springs -20mm

20mm wheel spacers rear, 10mm front

VRS seat handle inserts (Superskoda)

Rear door "VRS" scuff plates (Superskoda)

LED No plate lamps (Gen VAG)

LED reversing lamp bulbs

LED white interior bulbs

LED boot lamps (Gen VAG)

LED door mirror puddle lights

Gen Skoda carpet boot liner

Vibe duel coil 6.5" sub and enclosure (in place of the puny Canton attempt) 

Gen Skoda mudflaps

Rear under bumper diffuser (Superskoda)

Rear upper spoiler (Superskoda)

Rear part of roof and upper spoiler painted black to match sunroof surround

K&N panel filter and smoothed de-finned airbox

DTUK tuning box (approx 300bhp)

DTUK pedal box

Private No plate that reads BRISK VRs

post-4222-0-36318400-1454765647_thumb.jpg

post-4222-0-82985100-1454766015_thumb.jpg

Edited by butchvrs
  • Like 2

I purchased both the Splitter and the rear bumper protector from Super Skoda (www.superskoda.com).

IMG_3108_zps5ee57f4e.jpg

The Splitter cost 179.99 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-front-bumper-DTM-spoiler

IMG_3107_zpsa5a23815.jpg

The rear bumper protector cost 29.99 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-rear-bumper-protective-panel-Martinek-Auto

5E2061550_zps24d4379f.jpg

Preparing for winter I also removed the foot mats the car comes with and replaced them with these. At a cost of 39.99 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-floor-mats-RUBBER-heavy-duty-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

o3-shins-vrs5_zps7de55684.jpg

Seat handle inserts have been fitted to the two front seats. Cost 19.99 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-seat-handle-insert-set-VRS

IMG_3104_zps30bcbc66.jpg

Last but by no means least are the wind deflectors on the windows. Cost 44.99 euros.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-FULL-wind-rain-deflector-set

With the exception of splitter, sorry not to knock your points, but I'd hope most the other bits are more accessory than modifications ? (I'm thinking in insurance terms, keeping it standard ?)

I've some very fine scratches on my rear bumper and I'd love to apply the bumper protector to conceal this and prevent it getting worse - didn't know they did them!

but not if some numpty insurance thinks I've got to declare that and any airfreshners inside the car? (likewise the mats, I can't see as being declared as modifications).

Hopefully not hence thats the only reason I'd describe as not mod (hopefully ?). Am I right could I buy these without worry ?

Fitted the milotec rear diffuser today. No dramas and can easily do with one person and some masking tape despite the instructions. Recently installed the apr turbo muffler delete which was a little more tricky but a nice wee mod for beginners.

post-123089-0-29678200-1454799786_thumb.jpeg

post-123089-0-24957200-1454799849_thumb.jpeg

Front splitter.

c6e62f415aef6e10306540802be7e84d.jpg

NEXT

1. K&N air filter fitted

2. Diffuser fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late late quote! Where did you get that front splitter? Looking for one for my new one!

Fitted the milotec rear diffuser today. No dramas and can easily do with one person and some masking tape despite the instructions. Recently installed the apr turbo muffler delete which was a little more tricky but a nice wee mod for beginners.

I love this rear diffuser. But as I'm on PCH this is as close as I'll ever get. Ah well.

Sorry with respect to my own questions they were quite common sense and my gut reaction was right.

These are even described by Skoda as accessories so shouldn't load the insurance at all

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/Octavia_2014_/Accessories__Octavia_3_,b.html

Any insurer thinking otherwise would have to be the worse kind of pedant and would be contested in court. I definitely think a protector 5E5064711B or ZGB5E0071101 is gonna be on the cards soon

I didn't find this diffuser on superskoda.com. Could you give me the link?

My mistake, it wasn't Superskoda and I can't remember/find the invoice as to who I did get it from.

However I just made a quick search on Google and came up with this:-

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/skoda-octavia-3/diffuser-of-rear-bumper-for-skoda-3/

That should help.

I see Superskoda aren't doing the front DTM splitter for the VRS anymore and I'd like to get one for my new VRS a when it arrives, has anybody purchased a splitter from elsewhere and if so do you have pics of it fitted?

Edited by Ricey

Sorry for the late late quote! Where did you get that front splitter? Looking for one for my new one!

All from Superskoda.com

Edited by Chayy

Sorry with respect to my own questions they were quite common sense and my gut reaction was right.

These are even described by Skoda as accessories so shouldn't load the insurance at all

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/Octavia_2014_/Accessories__Octavia_3_,b.html

Any insurer thinking otherwise would have to be the worse kind of pedant and would be contested in court. I definitely think a protector 5E5064711B or ZGB5E0071101 is gonna be on the cards soon

Boot protector, mats, wind deflectors are all accessories not mods and don't need to be declared. Some insurance companies won't be bothered about a splitter or the likes of window tints <30% from B pillar back but they like to know about them. Stick a vRS or Tdi badge on that wasn't there at factory level and you will be paying for that!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I thought it was 179.99 Euro, I have just fitted on to my 16 vRS.

Can believe they have stopped them, think vRS and non vRS were different

Thanks! You're so lucky! I have ordered my vRS hatch just a month ago, I think I have to wait for may or june. I just started to collect some parts to change the car to my face.

• Like 1

I've done black pack mirrors & front grille

Black skoda badge for the front bonnet (superskoda)

Philips LED side lights (power bulbs) & superskoda rear number plate lights

Pa21w Cree XBD reverse lights (Aliexpress)

LED interior lights (front & rear)

A few VCDS adaptions

VRS superskoda alloy wheel centre caps (black VRS ones)

Added cruise control

Window tints all-round

Fresh new number plates

Wrapped 2 lines in the front grille with a red line & green line, in-line with the front VRS badge & to match the colour

So it's like the BMW m-sport grille but skoda-sport version

Snap on front seat covers & rear seat cover

Mods planned for this year:

1 revo or shark remap :) (stage 1)

2 Eibach lowering springs only the 10-20mm kit

3 powder-coat the rear exhaust tips (black)

4 maybe revo alloys but would prefer 18" as oppose to 19"

• Like 2